1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Girls are liking techy toys over jewels and shoes?????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carrie1219, Aug 2, 2006.

1. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I apologize for this one but my girlfriend hates gift certificates, gift cards or anything simular to them because it was made perfectly clear to me that using her quote "if you want my time you have to put your time into thought with me when it comes to gifts", she also said that I would be in the dog house for a very long time if I got her the 3 things that I mentioned above. She appreciated the necklace but the thing that is nagging at me is I think that I should have purchased the Ipod for her instead, so I think that I will get her for Christmas is an Ipod video style and some other things as well that she will have to hint at it for me to get her. You ladies know that men which I am one do not get a clue when it comes to gift giving.:eek: I apologize for my testosterone filled brain that does not get it at times.:eek:

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Sometimes the effort should be appreciated as well. You are trying to get it right or make it right. Redeeming qualities. Be patient with yourself. By asking the question of some women you are well on your way to making what you think are better choices.:yes:

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I thank you very much for your time it is much appreciated and I am getting the knowledge I need. I will be confussed at times but I hope in time I will know what to get you women that I can get it most of the time including surprises as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    You're going to come out ahead all the way around... I believe Apple has the new IPod coming out for Christmas. She'll think you are a genius and had this planned all along. The ruby red pendant (color of love) for a July birthday and then the newly released IPod for Christmas.... She'll be callin' you "stud" for weeks. :icon_mrgreen:

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I hope so because with me I think first instead of impulse buy for a gift becuause if it is thought out it would be appreciated than a gift that is a last minute or what I call an impulse buy. I hope that when the new Ipod comes out and I purchase it for her that the thought value from her will increase instead of the purchase price it will be in the thousands of thought dollors or in my wishfull thinking tens of thousands of thought dollors. With what I mean about thought dollors is this I.E. if my love asks me to take out the dog for a walk and I would right after the request start to get the leash then put it on Clover then head out the door it is to her my girl friend will be worth a couple of hundred thought dollors but if I would just say in a while I will take Clover out then it drops considerably to the the single digit or even the cent thought value dollor amount. I hope that it is understood to all the women out there that is part of this thread. Do you think that I am on the right track?

6. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I do get it, just never thought about it that way...:icon_mrgreen: but being from Mars and Venus, that is expected to happen.

I wouldn't know specifically about the right track for you and your gf... In relationships some days we're on the track and other days one or both of us "derails". :icon_shrug: Usually we can get back on the right track with a little work and luck... :tup:

7. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings:
    +331
    all i know is i could care less about the shoes...but gimme the diamonds...i am alllllllll about some bling bling diamonds though i aint got any! LOL!

AND I'm about to have a frickin nervous breakdown here. We have the BEST cable/internet/phone service in the world. Customer service is awesome. NO complaints at all.

BUT...the first Chargers game is Saturday. Yep...days away. I have GOT to see the games this year. The only to do that is drop my cable company and get directv and sunday ticket and nfl network...yall advise me please??!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    If going Direct TV with NFL Ticket is the only way to see your beloved Chargers week after week, you have your answer. :yes: :icon_wink: :)

Yeah, I tell all the men to give me jewels and IPods... and to invite me over (barefoot if I have no shoes) to watch their Plasma TV. :lol: :lol: :lol: I have it all figured out. :icon_wink:

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Ladies Help Help Help.

:icon_shrug: :icon_shrug: :icon_shrug: Here it goes My gf her name is Darla and I am at a big dilemma here and it goes as such.

Darla has hinted at me that she also would want including the video Ipod that she would also like to get a Slingbox and and 8 mega pixel digital camera which she fell in love with for Christmas.

Earlier this year Darla hinted also for a Christmas time gift with me in late February that she would like a 1,000 count thread length wise to the bed and 500 count thread the width wise to the bed sheet set that you can not get at your local Walmart but at a very high end bedding store that I will say costs and I am not joking or lying at all about this is $2,800 for a sheet set.

My dilemma is this I can only afford the three techy things if I go that route then the other is I can get the sheet set but the sheet set only and I do not want to disappoint her again about the video Ipod. If I get her the three techy things I will disappoint her about the sheet set that she hinted at earlier in the year then to me I did not put any long term thought with my remembering from that time about her hint to me about the sheet set.

The three techy things together would cost $2,600 and change, the camera would be the most expensive then the Video Ipod next expensive then the Slingbox.:icon_shrug: :icon_shrug: :icon_shrug:

I need help ladies so please I beg you Help Help Help Help Help.

10. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I know :lol:

I am serious here though I need help please and I know my wallet looks like the only cuurency it has in it is the currency of air but I think I might have the one girl friend that can be my wife high price and all.

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

Hmm, Darla may have to settle for some of these gifts for birthday, anniversary, or other special occasions. They just can't all be for Christmas...

If she's the one, she'll be pleased to be with you for the holidays and the gifts will be a bonus...

OK, where is the throw up smiley?...:icon_eek: I'd better stop before I get myself sick. :lol:

12. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :lol: the funny part first If I purchased all four gifts I would have file for bankrupcy because that would be for Christmas $5,400+change talk about celebrating Christmas.:lol:

The Techy toys are the way for this year. After that when I get down on one knee with the ring the sheet set will be a gift later on.:tup: :yes:

13. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    :lol: :lol: Thats a good one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    "Girls", actually "ladies", like Chispa are hot! :yes:

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Your girlfriend has the potential to be high-maintenance, if she isn't already.

Just an honest opinion from somebody who has had more girlfriends than the average male.

:icon_mrgreen:

16. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I have come to her defense here is that when it come to gifts she made it clear to me that there is the right time for gifts and then there is not the right time for gifts.

I.E. if I would give her a gift say on today she would be mad at me for it because it is not the right time for it and to her the right time is like Birthdays that is the right time so to you she might be high-maintenance but I do not think so.

The other example would be like this if it were Halloween you would not normally give a gift on that day but to her it would be alright to give a gift because to Darla it is like Trick or Treat and if I gave her a box of Sees candy it would be fine but if I would give her something else she would be angry.

So the only days that are all right to Darla to give gifts are New years day, Valentines day, Easter, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Independence Day, halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and birthdays. The rest to her are a big no no to her so if you Thread killer thinks that is high-maintenance then to you she is but to me she most definitely is not.

I hope that answers your concerns.

17. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Okay turbo, you are exactly right: To me, she would be high-maintenance.

:lol:

18. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    No, that is going too far in the wrong direction. How long has it been since you've gotten any?

:icon_rofl:

19. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :lol: I would have to be like yes master Darla what ever you want master darla.:lol:

:lol: Like trying to keep maintained a Pinto car with a lot of miles on it you mean that kind of maintenance.:lol:

I got that but on a serious note I do not think that she is all that unrealistic.

On the other hand if she would want me to buy her favorite car which is a Jaguar and to buy her the Jaguar XK type car which she wants minimum sticker price $75,500 I would have to say to her I can not afford it on my paycheck and I will also say it would have to be from her paycheck I just can not do it period I do not make that kind of money.

I just hope that she would understand.

20. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    I'm going on.... longer than that.

:lol:

21. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Me too :)

22. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Yes. You are that. :lol:

You know what else? I never thought I would say this, but I miss having to put up with it.

Go figure. :icon_shrug:

PS. Stubborness = High-Maintenance. I think turbo has a crush on you.

:icon_rofl:

23. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    :eek:

You're doing better than alot of married guys out there.... BUT.... if you go longer than a week.... we're all gonna start thinking you're really married. :lol: :lol: :lol: