1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Give Advice to Player

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Scout200, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Scout200

Scout200 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    If you could give advice to a NFL player to improve how they play, who would you give advice to and what would it be?

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I will just throw out a blanket statement to all defensive players, "WRAP UP!!!!!!!!". I am so tired of people just hitting people with their shoulder and the offensive player just shrugging it off and getting another 10 yards. about 90% of our defense just needs to watch more film on Weddle who is probably the best tackler on the team because he doesn't just try to lay a big hit, he just wraps them up

• Like Like x 1
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    AMEN! Dont go for the Jacked up Press moment, go for the stop!

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Hmm let me think about it....

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Yeah, I would tell a young player NOT to get Vincent Jackson's agent...

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    To all:

Hire a driver dumbass.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Along these lines: DO NOT challenge AJ Smith.

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    They don;t even have to. All NFL teams have programs that will pay for a driver to pick them up. Only the morons don't utilize it

9. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Go for and watch the ball always on D. Turnovers win games not tackles after the catch... Saints won the SB last year on this concept on D. 1st guy tackles all others strip ball. Intercept the ball don't ever try tackle after catches or u fired :0. Kinda lame how the once cheating Pats are making the rest of the NFL look out of date =/. I'd love to be the guy who helped the Bolts get #1 and make the Pats look old fashioned with my more advanced never before seen idea's & strats...

Heck I'd love to advise the whole team on how to play like world champs all phases an implement a whole new more superior adv system! It's very frustrating for me to see any team especially my home team Chargers sucking compared to what they could be achieving. I've had so much success I'm way confident that i could easily bring championships to any team i was part of. So many ppl just laugh at me yet i never see there idea's or solutions for our team going 9-7 on a spiral downhill. Yet i provide clear path and drastic changes in strategy and solutions with a proven world champ record 4 dif games already. Much less i tried to help us avoid all this failure & predicted our decline based on clear facts easily seen from watching our team play and their patterns.

Love or hate me I've been 100% right all along. Even look at this year what i said about Oregon would be #1 with my offense concept they stole from my posts. Imagine if they had my running game as well which teams don't understand yet. Go back read my post this year how i said from the beginning of the season Oregon and the Pats were using many my ideas i posted about if u doubt me. Some day hopefully someone in power will see this pattern of being right on and maybe get the Chargers owner to consider getting me involved to help this team out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Dont stick the ball out on the goal line trying to get a touchdown.

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Dick LeBeau says, "You mad."

Do you get some kind of pleasure out of this or what? I don't get it.

Where? Where have you had success? Can we see it? Will this magical team of ultimate superiorness acknowledge it? After the Superbowl. will Sean Payton say, "I couldn't have done it without 1 COOL GUY 13x world champ! This Lombardi's for you!" Or, better yet, will Chip Kelly announce he's "just listening to the Duck Whisperer" on Monday?

Part of your strategy is trading Philip Rivers for...what exactly? We're talking about a quarterback with more passing yards than anyone, a quarterback that only scored less than four other guys but far outranked (and has done so for years) everyone in yards per pass. I just don't see how anyone could conclude that "Rivers is the problem." I mean, yeah, stats lie, just ask Jay Cutler but Rivers is no Cutler.

Now there's something we can actually check. Maybe I will but with your sense of superiority I'd hope you'd be willing, and proud, to do the homework. Just look up your posts, then look up each prediction or analysis and check them, objectively, with real life events.

See above. Prove you were right about the Ducks. Then prove you're really the Duck Whisperer. And if the Patriots are stealing your ideas, maybe you should stop openly sharing them eh?

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I was the one who told Sean Payton to go for the onside kick after halftime in the Super Bowl. He called me personally because he was desperate for ideas.

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Why has that moron not been banned yet? He was already banned from the .com board, and was all but forced off the ESPN board.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Already answered in another thread. However, if you would like to have the ban hammer, simply PM Robdog and show your interest in Moderating the forum with the ability to hammer home bans...

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I want to know why people still take him seriously. There's no way he believes all the bullshit he spews. :lol:

17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I would be a terrible mod. I know my place, and it isn't a place of authority when it comes to a message board

18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    You would be surprised. I think you give humanity way too much credit

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    U & me both...

20. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    "Part of your strategy is trading Philip Rivers for...what exactly? We're talking about a quarterback with more passing yards than anyone, a quarterback that only scored less than four other guys but far outranked (and has done so for years) everyone in yards per pass. I just don't see how anyone could conclude that "Rivers is the problem." I mean, yeah, stats lie, just ask Jay Cutler but Rivers is no Cutler."- For D players and O-lineman. Also never said he was the problem he is just limited. We could win a sb with him but i would tweak many things including his pocket knowledge and footwork. I prefer to guarantee SB's a mobile QB that's all I've said all along. I'm all about winning every single year, no wasted years. Way too many times he holds the ball too long and steps back into sacks instead of up into the pocket. I don't blame him for the bad wr routes we use too often causing him to have to hold the ball longer than he should be...

-Rivers is a great QB for gaining yards yes. He will never be good at scoring points meaning TD's. He cannot run into the EZ for a TD. His feet too slow to will this team to winning with. I believe and am right 95% of the time historically that Volick our back up who is unbeaten as a starter in the reg season and play-offs gives us more room for errors'. Meaning he can run for 1st downs an for TD's when all our WR's are covered which happens more often in the red zone. Less room for our tall WR's to do jump ball football works well in open space but won't win when it count's. I don't want to be too negative so i won't post his stats on how many times he lost games for us by sack/fumbles that average ppl write off on bad blocking excuse when he should have thrown the ball or stepped up and didn't to avoid issue.

Lastly did anyone look up my post in this forums about PATS/DUCKS & LT my predictions which all came true? Even my haters won't admit for what-ever reason I've been 100% correct so far in this forum. At some point honesty would be good. Yet I havn't seen anone else say bold things like me and backed them up...Anyone else talk about strategy and then see a team use there's?

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Puff... Puf... Puf...

22. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Concudan nice picture in your profile. Also nice topic thread fun to think about we all love to be back seat drivers.

23. Scout200

Scout200 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Nicely said!

My advice would be:

Alex Smith - "Use your legs more, maybe you'll get more first downs."

Joe Flacco - "Trust your arm more."

Tim Tebow - "Work on going through your progressions quicker."