1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Give My Boy Some Luv!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Oct 7, 2007.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I've taken a lot of heat the past couple of weeks, and deservedly so. After today's game I'm looking for a little luv for my boy Cottrell. He had our guys laying some wood! I know he still has a lot to prove but today was a good first step. If he can only figure out how to get Merriman more involved, especially in the pass rushing area.
    :tup: :abq2:

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It was a well executed game all the way around. Stoked!!!!!

3. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Props to Teddy. :tup:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ted "Jabba The Hut" Cottrell gave way too much time for Cutler to look like he wanted to have enough time to get "it" rubbed out.

Against a "lucky" fillet of Mule tools' lovers team, 3 points against us does not mean dick.

Your boy has much to prove.

Miles to go before we sleep. :bolt:

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ahhh no. No props for the D that was being passed on all day. The QB pressure was a bit better, but I am still worried about his Bend, and break only a little D.

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    He sucks! Only 1 sack!

Just kidding guys. Good play calling by Teddy boy.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Stop posting crap I agree with damn you!:icon_evil:

[​IMG]

8. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    You have to try pretty hard to scheme Merriman completely out of the defense the way Cottrell has. It defies any and all logic the way he is using him right now. Unleash the Beast!!! I want my sacks back.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I did see some more unique blitzes but by the same token damnit let Merriman and Phillips lose!!!

Still good job today

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hmmm - much better effort today, but I still want Teddy out of the picture. His defensive schemes show no creativity, are meant to contain rather than attack, stifle our most disruptive players, & show little in the way of adjustment.

I don't care what Cottrell does - didn't want him initially & don't want him now. Again - AJ's sac-licker.

On another note - great win today!!!! :abq2:

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Agree..if Denver doesnt fumble away three balls it is a different game. Only had 1 sack and pretty much not close to the type of pressure we got last year. Havent come close to that kind of pressure all year.

We won and won big but our defense still doesnt make me comfy with Jabba the Ted in control.

sdchrgr told me i was being paged in here and i dont even see a mention of it :no:

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You listened to SDC?!:icon_eek: :icon_rofl:

ACFed in 5... 4... 3....

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    let Merriman and Phillips free to go after the QB on every play, I'll take my chances with that against dropping then into coverage

14. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Gee, I'm sorry, I thought our players caused those fumbles?!? Not to mention an interception. You guys wanted our defense to show some life and they did that. Granted they aren't even close to last year which blows but we have to live with what we have in the way of coaches. Ya'll can sit there a cry week in and week out and ***** and moan all you want. Bottom line is, we have to make this work with who we have. We need to stand behind them 100% and save the criticism for after the year.

Today was a good step in turning things around. One bright point is we have won very few times in Denver & usually every game is close no matter how each team is playing previously. Our guys stepped it up and dominated. I can easily say that Denver was hurting and struggling but I would rather praise or team then make excuses for them!:icon_party:

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I fully agree with this statement. The Chargers gave themselves some confidence today. Dont think the Chargers past record in Denver is lost on our team either...:abq2:

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Eh. Certainly helped that Denver imploded... they really shiit themselves today. But, hey... I'm relieved. :tup:

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    :yes: :tup:

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm all about praising the players for today's win - I just happen to think that they did it IN SPITE of Cottrell's lame-a$$ defensive "schemes".

I understand you supporting your adopted Bolt - just calling it like I see it. Nothing personal.

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    would like to think that we were the cause of that implosion.:tup:

20. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Bend, don't break, hmm worked today, the offense did a great job and I think the D had enough rest, to at all costs give up no touchdowns, couldn't have scripted it any better. Great game, hoping we continue to click from here, some more blitzes will be a welcome addition, but overall sweet-*** sweet game.

Cotrell is like the rest of the chargers a winner today, not tomorrow, one more against the raiders and we are back at 0-0. He needs to keep letting off the brakes and we will be killing it the rest of the year...:icon_toast:

21. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    You can say that if you like. Sure the players caused fumbles but you cant expect that every week because it doesnt happen as a common thing. However.....bad coverage seems to happen every week but for one week anyways, it didnt hurt us.

Cottrell still doesnt generate a passrush and is still rushing 4 linemen with no disguising a blitz at all.

Merriman will be lucky to get 10 sacks with Ted in control.

Great win and we needed it badly but ask me if i feel better about Cottrell and the answer is NO! He did nothing to ease my doubts about him.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Couldn't agree more. He doesn't even have the sense to admit that maybe his defensive schemes aren't putting players like Merriman & Phillips in position to use their strongest skills.

My doubts will be eased when Cottrell is an ex-coach for the Chargers. :lol: :lol:

23. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Let's not forget, coverage has been as issue for us for....well, many many many years. This year is no different. But even with the bad coverage, our guys stepped up when it counted. I'll take the road of positive thinking.....for our guys to give up only a field goal with a bad pass rush & bad coverage....it definitely gives me something to look forward to if we even get close to what we were last year. I feel it will come, just not as fast as most of us would like.

I'll stick to my guns and defend my guy Cottrell, but that by no means suggests that I want him around if he continues miss using out strongest players.:icon_toast:

24. timpoet

timpoet BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Charger defense was AWESOME today! No doubt about it. They stepped up and dominated.

Let's hope they do that all year and then I'll shut up about you-know-who who did you-know-what....

:bolt: :flag: :bolt: :flag: :bolt: :flag:

25. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    I'm still not happy with how Merriman and Phillips are being utilized, but the defense did come up big when and where it counted today...

This one will go a long way toward regaining that confidence:yes:

26. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    sorry to burst your bubble, but your boy still sucks! The D is looking weak as heck! We are lucky Denver screwed up royaly.

27. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Second that. :tup:

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Not until the bye.

29. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Sucks?!? Let's not talk about sucks. EP blew the game for us last year and now is impersonating, a very good one might I add, magician. He hurt his poor little toe and is going to miss half the year if not more. What, does he have bad dreams of last years let down?:icon_shrug:

At least my guy is there trying to make a difference. Let's not forget, Cottrell was asked to come aboard. If the Cottrell experiment is a failure, then we need to get on AJ's case.

His toe.....his toe for crying out loud!!! (as he says shaking his head)