1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Give up a 2nd for Jacob Hester??? Huh?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Enormo, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hester is a hard-nosed baller with good character - just AJ's kinda guy. You can all do alla the trade chart value math you want, but it all boils down to who's on your board & who's left on the board. AJ & Buddy apparently had Hester tagged as a good pickup, looked at how the board is playing out, & pulled the trigger.

As far as giving up a pick to the Pats & making them better, who cares?? :icon_shrug: We need to build our team to beat anyone who's in the way. That's all I care about. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Looking at the highlight reel, he seems like exactly what we needed--a powerful back who can pound it past the chains and fill in for LT when needed.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +757
    what he said, in reallty the Chargers gave up about 8 spots in next years draft and a 5th this year, not really one sides is it? :icon_huh:

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Hester is a head buster, anyone that hasn't seen him play needs to, once again AJ drafts our needs, I love this dam guy

5. n0b0dysp3cial

n0b0dysp3cial BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Too early to tell, and it's kinda hard when you have LT, Sproles, and Tolbert ahead of you. There will probably be a situation like 2007's game against Detroit. It'll be a blow out and Norv will throw in Hester and he will just shine just like how Sproles shined that game. I think if or when that situation comes around our running game is going to be complete. Because I see Hester more of a replacement for Michael Turner. Because Sproles doesn't really fill in Michael Turners spot, because Sproles is Sproles. Can't really see him as a complete running back just yet.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sproles has proved himself a complete back. Can he sustain 300+ carries? Maybe not - he's not a big guy.

But he has NFL-level skills. Outside of Shawne, I think Darren is AJ's biggest draft p/u since '03. The guy is good. People slobber over Hester. Darren Sproles is just as good. :tup: