1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Glory has its price

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chispa, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654

Good read. The medical pension system in the NFL sucksass from every read I have seen. Hopefully, the NFL corrects this soon.

2. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Football and basketball players are known to have significant physical problems after they retire. LT would endure the same situation after he is done. On the other hand, you are being paid millions of dollars above the average joes, so quit complaining.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The dudes who played in the 40's-50's-60's-70's and 80's do not have that luxury to fall back on the fat wallet.

What about these dudes who built the NFL ? Fuc em ? :icon_shrug:

4. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Man, can I relate.........and I haven't played football since Powder Puff in high school, when I went in for one down, caught a pass and slid about 15 yards in the mud for a TD, way back in 19-and-a-bunch-of-years-ago.:lol:

I can't even imagine what those guys go through after 10 or 15 years of getting the crap kicked out of them. Though my football career was short-lived, I was a dancer in my last two years of school and trained every day; I still have trouble with a stress fracture of the right ankle to this day, as well as arthritis in my spine, left knee, and both elbows.

Now, I don't have a fancy health plan to take care of me either, and I certainly don't have the money retired NFL players have. I still feel bad for 'em though, because most of them are still relatively young when their bodies finally say "I can't take anymore of this shyte". I've seen Elway lately, and he looks older than me........I'd HATE to live in his body.:no:

5. Lifer

Lifer BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know about that, LT does a pretty good job at avoiding the big hits, hell he avoids alot of tackles period. He knows when to dive or duck out of bounds.

I can see LT having a long career for a running back as well as a long, able life...being a broadcaster or out on the golf course everday like Barry Sanders or whatever he wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.