1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

GO PATSIES!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jan 22, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    As a Chargers fan, this is tough!!
    This is like choosing if you'd rather have gonorrhoea or chlamydia.
    I'll take Patsies going undefeated and winning it all over Jr. Manning holding a title!!!

NEXT SEASON IS OURS!!!:bolt:

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I still want both teams to fall into a chasm

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'd rather eat my own shoe than watch the super bowl this year.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Oh I'll still watch it. The way I see it, two things will happen:

1.) The pats will completely destry Sheli and send Strahan crying into retirement.

Or-

2.) The Giants ruin the Pats quest for a perfect season and the media dogs will devour that team destroying all unity it has built up.

Total destruction either way.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I won't be watching it but we'll be hearing about it.
    I'll take rant about the Patsies perfect season over Jr getting a title before us!!

6. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Sheli must never hold that trophy!

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    There is one more game until next August.

Hell yes I am watching, and I will also be rooting for the Pats. Although begrudgingly.

8. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I bet you watch auto racing for the car wrecks....:lol:

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Argh...this is one ugly Super Bowl. Most likely the first one I'm going to skip watching. But since both teams can't lose, I'll go with the stupid Pats. That way Sheli will become the next Grossman.

10. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    It's like a Yankee/Sox series... Huge deal on the other coast but the rest of America couldn't care less.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Not really. But to see either team lose will provide laughs. If the Pats lose, they'll be crucified. If the Giants get killed, the NY media will have a field day. It's all good. :yes:

12. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    That's where I stand as well.

(sorry I haven't sent the beer yet. I've consumed most and won't brew again til Feb. at the soonest.)

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Thanks. That beer you sent me was dynamite!!!

Also, take your time. I might have a different address in a few months and I hope to drink it with you next season!!! :bolt:

14. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    The Pats get a slight nod from me. This has more to do with seeing them get the perfect season and not have to hear any more of Shula and the Fish with their perfect season. In addition, I cannot stand the NJ Giants - with or without the lesser Manning.

Unfortunately, afterwards we will all have to hear about the perfect season until September should NE pull it off. Sports Illustrated will be pushing their Super Bowl edition and other rubbish. Talk about a double-edged sword.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    An ironic twist to Sophie's choice. If I'm in luck they'll play to a tie until they have to resort to eight man high school ball.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Well if anyone remember the days of the OLD AFL, it was a US against the world (NFL) mentality so most of us hung together in rooting for the Super Bowl.

In other words, we rooted exclusively for the AFC back in the day because no way in hell did we want the NFC to think of us as the bastard league.

That lasted until the Holy Roller for me or '79 ish.

If that is of any comfort ..........

17. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I suppose I'm lucky.
    I don't hate Eli, because if he hadn't pulled his crap, he'd be our QB...and with the amount of experience Eli now has, Rivers is going to be a better QB. So I'm GLAD Eli did what he did...but I don't want him getting the trophy.
    So I'll be looking for the Pat's to get their perfect season, and shut-up Mercury Morris (Geez that guys a pain to listen to)
    My in-laws are all good fans,(in Boston) and even root for the Chargers, when not playing the Pat's...my nephew has been to the Murph (Q) and has the Bolts as his second team.
    Being a blue bleeder, I can't root for the Pat's, but I can handle them winning.
    Plus every year I have a large SB party at my house (with a 60, and 96" screen, both in Hi-Def who wouldn't???) so I gotta watch.

18. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Cannot root for Elisha...no way.

Go...gulp....Pats.:no:

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i don't think i'm going to watch this year, and i don't have much interest in watching ESPN and the media simulatenously blow both tom brady and eli manning like some frakked up threesome

20. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

Well...if you spin the whole experience into a positive......think of it like this......you can easily take pleasure in EITHER team LOSING the SB.

That's how I have to look at it otherwise I have no reason to watch either.

21. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    LMAO

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    That's kinda the way I see it. I think it would suck more if Sheli won it. But to watch the media devour the Pats...well...that would amuse me to no end. On the other hand, to see Sheli get b!tch slapped and see the NY media unleashed like the hounds from hell, that too would have me smiling. :yes: