1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

GO RAVENS!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    ....hahaha, just kidding. I just couldn't bring myself to title the thread "go chiefs" although I would rather the ravens lose. Can't stand the league putting ray "the knive" up on a pedestal. Also a pal of Mrs. Lightning is a kc fan so i'd be cool with her getting a win.

2. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I'm so conflicted this post season. I live in Baltimore right now so I hate the Ravens (I have to hear **** from their fans all year). I hate the Jets because they took us out last year and they have LT and that idiot Cromartie. I hate KC for obvious reasons. I hate the Pats because they won their three Lombardis by cheating.

In the NFC I'd hate to think that that dog-torturer Vick would win a ring. And I don't want that schmuck Cutler to get a ring. And I don't think the Seahawks have a chance of taking the whole thing.

So basically, if the Steelers, ATL, or Green Bay don't win the whole frickin' thing I'm going to be super pissed off. Mother ******! **** you, Chargers! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

3. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I on the other DO want te Ravens to win

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Hey! It's all cool at least this year we won't worry about a chargers playoff loss. We're undefeated baby!!!

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    go seahawks!!! (who else?)

6. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
  7. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Well, it was a good season in a rebuilding year. Bad ending losing to the Raiders and Ravens. Just not enough in the tank for the young team. Should be an interesting 2011...if we have football.

8. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    This makes the us look bad imo.. we lost the Division to these clowns who cant score **** on the ravens... but Seattle can put up 41 on the saints... gtfo... Nxt year Chargers 19-0 if we have Fball

9. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    Longest playoff losing streak in NFL history by KC

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    One and done, just as expected... And the announcers giving Kaycee fans a pillow to drown their tears in, just about giving them all the excuses they need to justify the loss...

11. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Gotta get to the playoffs to win or lose in the playoffs. San Diego didn't have enough to win the AFC West even with a "Super Bowl" calibre roster. That's FAR more embarrassing than making the playoffs in year 2 of an Owner to janitor franchise rebuild.

We are not YET good enough to hang with the big boys. That is clear, but at least we got invited to the dance.

There's no question that KC had a FAR better season than San Diego. We are just starting something special. The youngest team in the NFL just got a taste of what it takes to succeed in the playoffs. They will be much tougher for it. If they aren't, they will be gone. Everyone has to start somewhere. This is a good building block. We know we are a few pieces away, but the core group of young players promises a very productive few years.

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Damn, I wanted KC to get the upset so they'd lose to the Steelers next week. Oh well, Go Steelers, beat the Ravens. Go Seahawks (easier to beath them in the SB).

13. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    The KC Chiefs did not have Norv Turner has their coach. A Super Bowl win is an impossible feat when a team is coached by Norv Turner. Just ask the Redskins.

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If it comes down to the Pat's and Stiller's, I'll go Stiller's. I don't care who shows up for the NFC.

15. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    That may be true lol

16. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Seahawks in the NFC. A 7-9 team goes to the Superbowl and the world ends a year before 2012 lol.

17. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Both the Chargers and Raiders would have been a better match for Baltimore. Chiefs are one dimentional, inexperienced, and clearly in way over their heads.

18. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    Baltimore/Atlanta superbowl. Let's do it!

19. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    I see Green Bay knocking out ATL in the second round. GB vs Sea NFC championship.

20. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I hope Seattle wins it all. That would piss people off.

21. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Not by that much. If we didn't have the worst special teams ever we win this division easily. I think KC won by default. KC is a real good young team with a lot of potential but not ready for the big time yet. Neither are we, but now Chiefs fans know it will take a LOT more then what they have to beat teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Pats. The AFC West will be interesting next season.

Go Ravens!!! :D

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    With a team he had ZERO say in building. Daniel Snyder is an a$$hat of an owner, FAR FAR worse than Spanos. Just ask ANY Redskins fan. I have, and they ALL tell me that.

23. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Getting to the playoffs in year two of a complete franchise rebuild is certainly a better season than missing out on the playoffs with a team that was picked to be in, if not win, the Superbowl.

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,580
    It'll be interesting to see what happens in KC with Weis gone.

25. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    You were 1 cheap timeout trick on a Rian Lindell FG away from being spared this beating.

I think KC could take a huge step back next year. Much tougher schedule for the AFCW in general, you guys inparticular will have to play a 1st place schedule for the first time in a long time.

26. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Only difference in their schedule & ours is they have to play Pittsburgh & Indy, while we have to play Baltimore (home) & Jacksonville (away). The AFC west will have a tough schedule in general as it plays the NFC North & the AFC East.

27. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    The "what if" game works both ways. For example, if we're going to play that, we were one blown call from having the division wrapped up before Christmas. If we knock down the hail mary pass at the end of regulation in the first Raiders game we virtually eliminate both the Chargers and Raiders.

These aren't excuses, because...unlike you....I don't rely on excuses. Those things HAPPENED and you can't change the past.

Many chargers fans have thrown out excuses since week 1. You yourself blamed the Refs, the weather, "easily fixable special teams mistakes," stupid players, stupid coaching etc., in a futile attempt to pretend that your team is somehow better than the teams that ended up with better records - as if somehow...the Chargers are the ONLY team that ever plays close games, that EVER has TERRIBLE things...like RAIN fall on them lol.

News Flash for you, EVERY single team in the NFL can play the "What if" Game. It doesn't mean SH*T.

In the end, you either make the playoffs or you don't. If you make the playoffs, you either make it to the superbowl or you dont. If you make it to the Superbowl, you either win or you don't.

Doesn't matter how it happens (or doesn't).

28. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Is it an excuse when it is obviously a fact?

29. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    It's an excuse when you do what Matty has tried to do all year - retroactively remove variables from the equation in order to "balance" it with the Chargers coming out on top.

Nothing you do can make the Chargers AFC West Champions, just like nothing I do can make the Chiefs AFC Champions this year.

I can go back in time and try to pretend that we are better than we are, but we are what we are.

I am happy with our progress, but not satisfied. Next year there will me greater expectations...and maybe greater disappointment. We will see. Chargers fans should know a little bit about high expectations and great disappointment.

30. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    True, but it doesn't matter anyway. Chiefs join the rest of us on the couch watching the playoffs now. ;)