1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Go Year

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Jul 14, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    As the season approaches, I can honestly say, that this year, more then any other year in my 40 years of Charger support that this is out go year. And anything less then the AFC Championship is a bust IMO...Sure, you could ask for the Super Bowl, but taking into consideration the bouncing ball factor, I'd be happy w/a trip to the AFC Championship.

Here is why this is our go year...

1. Arguably the best RB in the league.
    2. Arguably the best Pass Rushing OLB in the league.
    3. Arguably the best TE in the league.
    4. Arguably the best FB in the league.
    5. Arguably the best OL in the league.
    6. Arguably the best Nose tackle in the league.
    7. Arguably the best Punter in the league.
    8. A QB that showed signs of greatness who has another year under his belt and a swagger of confidence that can only be gained by a damn good football upbrining...
    9. A QB that is the exact opposite of a former #16 from Wazoo.
    10. A top 5 defensive front taking into consideration run/pass D.
    11. A top notch corner in Jammer.
    12. A supporting cast of LB's that most coaches would die for.
    13. A probowl kicker.
    14. A very effective special teams unit.
    15. A young, TALL corps of WR's that are aiming to prove.
    16. A coaching staff that really just needs to set a game plan and let them play.
    17. A club house by all accounts that has their collective heads on straight.
    18. A GM that understands how to put a team together.
    19. A bunch of pissed off players that remember the NE game.
    20. A bunch of pissed off players that remember the Jets game.
    Yea, I'd say that the ball bounces and sometimes not your way, but this cast of players under a good offesnsive minded coach, with a team that really wants to win as a team...Yup it's our "GO" year.

TBF

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    You're preachin' to the choir here brother. I agree with ya 100%. This is the year of the bolt.

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Oh, I know I'm preaching to the choir...And everyone in the NFL knows...

I'm no negative thinker, but damn...What if we can't do it with this cast of players...? AJ has done his job, Marty couldn't do it so we try Norv...

That is my point...If not now, when?

IMO it's on Norv and the the vet leadership to complete the deal this year and let the dynasty begin...We need to knock NE off it's damn high horse...

PS, the Broncos orange sucks.

TBF

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    There's not a team in the NFL we can't beat. Not the Colts, Ravens, Pats, Broncos, etc. Now just because we can beat ay team, doesn't mean we will. The better team doesn't always automatically win. This is the season to put up or shut up and I think the Chargers will do just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    That is the point of my entire post...You still gotta play the game even though everyone knows it's our "GO YEAR". This is not easily done either.

It's the little things that helps a team win those big games when you seem to not be firing on all cylinders. And, IMO that starts in the locker room with Game Planning and Leadership...

I think Norv is a much better offensive mind then Marty (no **** TBF?), our offensive approach will change big time (especially in the playoffs)...Also, I think our locker room is solid...

I too think we will be fine, I just look to the veteran leadership to keep the players from realizing what everyone in the country sees/knows....We are a damn good football team that still needs to play the games on thier schedule.

IMO the Chargers are the only thing that can slow down our dynasty...

• Like Like x 1
  6. imfletcher

imfletcher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I agree...the Chargers should win 13 games in the regular season and get homefield. I think the AFC West is a little down this year with the Raiders (obviously) stinking and the Chiefs could stink it up as well...I can see the Chiefs only winning 6 or 7 games. Denver should be tough as usual, but not in the same class as San Diego. Could be a helluva year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    You can remove the "arguably" on the first 4 items and the 6th. After this season you will be able to remove it from the 5th as well.

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    This is just a byproduct of gaining "perrenial contender" status, which this team hasn't achieved since Air Coryell.

It's the same for fans of the Patriots, Colts, and Eagles. Anything less than a Super Bowl will be a disappointment.

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Agree, and even though I think kickers are simply kickers, I understand they're an important part of the game. I really think I can remove the arguably from #7 as well.

Here you go BTW...

1. The best RB in the league.
    2. The best Pass Rushing OLB in the league.
    3. The best TE in the league.
    4. The best FB in the league.
    7. The best Punter in the league.

TBF

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Git'r'dun!!

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I can't disagree with much except for the O Line. They are good. The left side is as good or better than any. The right side is not exactly chopped liver either. I will give them top five, at least until I see the new and improved Olivea I've been led to believe has come into existence. This is the best team they have had since the Gilman years when they won the AFL title in Boston. Props for the post.

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

Yeah Baby!!!:abq2: :helm3: :bow: :sci: :bolt2: :thumbup: :abq1:

13. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I talked to Shammy's G'ma on Friday, and even she thinks this is THE YEAR. :yes: 'Nuff said. :abq2:

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That is as good as bank when the old timers start whistling dixie.

I for one smelled it last year and it reminded me of the Coryell era.

This is THE year because the teams future and stadium lay in the balance.

If we do not outright win the whole enchilada to help get the stadium built, the team could pack up its **** and say adios after next year.

15. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Agreed.

But either way you got several more years of Bolt football to watch here in SD. They will only move into a new crib somewhere as there are only crap stadiums on the market now and that will take a few years to get built. I think Bolts are in town through the end of the LT era at a minimum. 2011 season is earliest they are physically relocated out of the Murph IMO. Lets go out in a blaze of glory.

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well thats about it, the final sign. Get ready for the big dance.:tup:

17. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Injuries are always the wildcard, but if we can stay reasonably healthy, there is no excuse for not going deep into the playoffs. The playoff curse of Marty is gone. Let's just hope there is no Norv curse.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Rich does your wife approve of that avatar? I do!

BTW, thanks for bringing her back from the doldrums of computer file hell...I missed her on the other board!

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Even though I wholeheartedly agree TBF, I gotta say it, talk is cheap. Everyone in the world knows how badass our team is, now's the time to PROVE IT and LOCK IT UP.

I expect nothing less than 3 Championships from this group we have now, #1 coming this season. Anything less is a f'n failure.

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If I was a betting man my money would be on the Bolt's. I can't remember having a team in Dago this loaded with talent. The biggest difference will be the way our team plays, I think Norv is just going to turn them loose. No more holding back like Shotty did, offense is going to keep scoring and our D is going to beat them into submission.:bolt: :icon_toast: :abq2: :abq1:

21. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :tup:

My wife and I were having a discussion yesterday and I was pretty much saying the same things, the f'n kid gloves are off. No more run run pass punt BS from Shittenheimer. She was wondering why Brees was so successful in NO and I told her because they let him loose and let him play the way he did in college, throwing the ball all over the field like a madman. I told her watch and see what Rivers, LT, Gates, VJ, and all the rest of our offense does this season, it's gonna be crazy. Norv is probably having a really hard time sleeping right now, sitting up all night salivating as he thinks of insane ways to unleash our O on teams. Without a doubt, this is the most talented offense he has coached since winning the SB w/ Dallas.

We're gonna CRUSH people this year. And against our D? How in the hell are you gonna be able to keep up with the Juggernaut?

19-0 biatchez

• Like Like x 1
  22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

That's TFF, I was talking to my Bro about the same damn thing yesterday. There is no way in hell we should be an underdog against any team we play. Norv is going to open the gate and 2800 hundred pounds of hate is going to be unleashed. Our Bolt's, are going to be causing many sleepless nights throughout the NFL this year.:bolt: :icon_toast:

23. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Concur 100%...We do need to prove it.. and, IMO making it deep in the playoffs will be proof to me...

It's kinda cool knowing that when the rest teams look at their schedules they see the San Diego Chargers on it and get scared... Funny thing is...We all know that feeling.

TBF

24. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I tried to bring her back on the other board, but they don't allowed animated avatars anymore. She does move nicely, doesn't she?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Very well put Brother RTL, though 19-0 is a tall order...:lol: