1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

God bless the firefighters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sdbound, Oct 24, 2007.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Kim Possible found this article,

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...#sosd_comments

For weary SoCal firefighters, rest is not an option

ASSOCIATED PRESS
    2:27 p.m. October 24, 2007

RUNNING SPRINGS – Forty hours after he arrived in the San Bernardino National Forest, firefighter Peter Stanton stepped gingerly over a sleeping colleague and wondered what his next assignment was going to be.

“We've been going nonstop. I kind of hope they're going to send us to sleep, but I'm pretty sure we're going back out,” he said.

Fire crews, tankers and helicopters poured in to Southern California on Wednesday, bringing welcome relief to firefighters exhausted by as many as four straight days of fighting unusually ferocious blazes that were scattered across a huge swath of Southern California.

From mountainside resorts to the shores of Malibu to the Mexican border, as many as 16 blazes destroyed at least 1,500 homes and threatened tens of thousands of others.

In some cases, however, the firefighters called on to relieve exhausted colleagues were just as fatigued.

In northern Los Angeles County, for example, some of the fire crews that had all but contained a 38,000-acre wildfire near Santa Clarita were being dispatched to the Lake Arrowhead area.

We owe these people so much.

2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Truly, God Bless them. It takes a very special kind of person to do this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    The day after my family took off for Irvine, we decided to get breakfast a local IHOP near Irvine. My son was eating his food when 4 orange county firefighters walked in. One of them spotted my son and gave him a jr. firefighter sticker badge. My son just smiled bigger than I've ever seen. Given the lack of sleep I had the night before, that really made my day. Considering the fires that were taking place in orange county, this must have been the only break they had and they still found a way to make my kid smile. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Cool!

Today my white and black kitten got out and when we found him he was all gray :icon_eek: and had to have a bath.

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Word :tup:

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +685
    Half the Foster City(my home town in bay area) FD are down there. We were just at the Open House at the station 2 weekends ago and I think I will make it a point to swing by when they are back up here and say hi and thanks!

I would drop off a few cases of beer if it was allowed? :icon_shrug:

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    My wife and I are planning on sending a huge thank you meal to the CVFD once the whole fire crisis has died down.

I urge everyone else to do the same. We owe these brave souls our homes, and in somne cases, our lives. God bless the firefighter.

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Yeah I was already thinking about what I could do...I'm gonna do something for sure. They worked so hard and fast to really extinguish a blaze near a nature preserve here today that could have turned into a disaster and spread to lots of homes and schools. And they've been battling that Temecula fire for days here...All of them in all the cities deserve a thanks. My cousin is a doctor who lives in Lake Arrowhead and doesn't even know if his house is still standing.

Hay! LT is on the news right now! "I thought my house was going to burn down but thank God it didn't get my house..." I didn't know fire could travel underground in root systems and flare up many feet away...the news said that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Everyone who gives his life-health to support the others should
    be blesses by god. Even if it's someones job to do so, it's more
    than you can expect. Most of us would just run away, don't they ?

11. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Great feelings:tup:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    These men and women have gone beyond human capability to keep us safe!!!

BLESS THEM!!! :flag:

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    MrsLash has a 9/11 tradition of making like 12 dozen cookies and her and our autistic son deliver them to the local police and fire stations. She is constantly amazed at how surprised these heroes are that someone would think to do something as simple as that for them. Wednesday night our cub scout troop went to the local fire department, and even though they were working longer than usual shifts because one of their engines and part of their crew were in SD helping out, they still went out of their way to make it a positive and interesting experience for all the kids. They are truly heroes!:flag:

14. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86

:flag: