1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

God Has Spoken

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Nov 18, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The end is the best part.

Acee suggested the gift certificate he was hadning to AJ for attending the show for Jersey Mikes Subs be given to AJ's kids. AJ said why ? Hahahahha....He said he would go himself.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I wonder did they agree in advance that VJ's future would not be discussed. Acee has postulated that VJ is gone after this season, I'd like to know why from AJ directly.

4. vmax

vmax BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    That was an awesome interview and a smart PR move. It shows AJ has a personality, is really quite likeable, and gives his side of some things.

Many fans are too young to remember the Bobby Beathard years of trading next years #1 for a 2nd round pick to select a 5'2" WR from South Dakota Christian Technical Institute, or somewhere like it, and achieving more 4-12 years than playoff years. I appreciate what John Butler and AJ have accomplished and am hoping this last draft turns out to be a great one with Stuckey, Butler, Cam Thomas, and Matthews. Of course we won't be able to know that for a while yet.

5. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    lack of character. he mentioned they know the guys they want to keep..."high character guys". that's why.
    he most likley feels that the risk of VJ gett'in a 3rd DUI (or whatever) and being gone for a year and his proclivity to being stupid on the field (kicking challenge flags), out weighs his production, and therefore does not make the team better.
    i think it's unrealistic to expect a manager (of any sort) to be completely candid when it comes to personel decision making.

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I agree, that it is unrealistic to expect him to be candid when it comes to personnel decision making. But I'm wondering did they agree it in advance that the 'what might happen to VJ now that he is back?' question would be ignored. Yes reading between the lines with the 'high character' stuff I take it he is gone for that reason but I'd like to hear how VJ's idiotic agents may have also added fuel to the fire. AJ says he deals in 'facts', OK then give us some.

7. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    good interview but seemed contrived. Staying off hot topics (VJ) looked mmm? Although I think AJ has done good for the team it lacked substance.