1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

God Speaks About Turner

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Apr 17, 2007.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070417-9999-1s17canepa.html

As the NFL draft approaches and the Michael Turner soup starts to boil, Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith has put on his cowboy hat and scarf, has his six-shooter packed by his side and is standing tall in the saddle. He's in full John Wayne mode. It becomes him.

Put it this way: If you want what he's got, don't plan on robbery. Isn't going to happen while The Duke's wearing the badge and holding the ace.

Turner, as you well know by now, is tailback LaDainian Tomlinson's backup, but he's no ordinary reserve. He's real good. He's averaged 6 yards a carry. But he's a restricted free agent, meaning he can talk to any team in The League. If an offer is made, the Chargers can match it to keep him. If no deal is forthcoming and Turner returns, he's unrestricted next year and probably will leave.

Thing is, knowing Turner's value, Smith has put first-and third-round draft tenders on him, meaning the club that wants Turner would have to give up those picks. Smith, normally about as flexible as a diamond, seems willing to bend a bit, but he still wants plenty. Don't bother bringing the wool close to his eyes.

Click on Link for Rest of Story

"Behold my works, ye mighty, and despair."

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! MY BOY AJ IS WHIPPIN OUT THE SIX SHOOTERS! yeeeeehaaawwww!

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    AJ IS GOD!!!!!! 6 TEAMS!!

4. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Nice read, thanks! :tup:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    now just round em up, brand em and castrate them :lol:

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    AJ's message to all the interested teams:

[​IMG]

7. D-Funk

D-Funk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    UHHHHHHHHH I dont see any 237 lb. RB's with Turner's speed that are out there and I certainly dont see anyone as familiar with our offense as he is. Turner is special. How insane is it that if LT goes down, and we HAVE been lucky so far, Turner comes in and smashes defenses to bits and no one sweats it? I really think we should give him more carries throughout the year and keep LT healthy for the playoffs. We can draft our safety in the first round and see what the 2nd round has as far as WR's. We dont need more picks! We are stacked. To lose Turner would be a shame. Lets take it one year at a time. This team is like a fine wine. Lets get all our elements working for THIS YEAR. I cant wait till 2008 for a rookie to learn the playbook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We dont need picks, we need TURNER. He is a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAST.

AJ is God,
    :helm3: D-Funk

8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I'm over it. Keep Turner no matter what the offer. He is more valuable to winning a Super Bowl THIS YEAR than ANY draft pick.

Let him walk for nothing with the Lombardi secured. No more playing for the future. All in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Not true, we need somebody for Rivers to throw to other than Gates and Tomlinson. I dont feel too good about having all our eggs in the Vjack basket.

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    VJack's basket runneth over. He's going to have a monster year.

Parker is still a solid option. One bad game doesn't change that. What worries me is what's behind those two. I love Floyd when he's on the field, but you never know how often that's going to be. We need to draft a receiver that can come in and give us 40-50 catches as a rook.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Vincent Jackson, #83
    Eric Parker #88
    Brandon Manumaleuna #86
    Malcom Floyd #80

Heard of any of these? Floyd and Jackson are going to be real good, bith showed flashes of that last season.

12. D-Funk

D-Funk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Matilack,

We can take our stud WR in the first round without giving up Turner. Then we can grab our safety in the 2nd round.

Why would you think were not getting a WR for Rivers this year if we keep Turner?