1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Godfrey returns home in wake of sister's death

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Nov 3, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Jun 29, 2009
    <blockquote>Source: North County Times

SAN DIEGO ---- After hearing the news, Chargers rookie linebacker Shawne Merriman called teammate Randall Godfrey. The words didn't come easily.

That's because the news was about as bad as one could imagine: Deidre Miller, Godfrey's sister, had been found shot to death on Tuesday in Valdosta, Ga.

"When I talked to him, I was barely able to speak, I was hurting so bad," said Merriman. "The words were trembling out of my mouth. I really couldn't even grasp that something like that could happen to a person like Randall."</blockquote>
    <a href="http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/11/03/sports/professional/chargers/21_59_2811_2_05.txt" target="_blank">
    <strong>Article Link</strong></a>