1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Good, Bad, and the Ugly from 2007 Season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Apr 12, 2007.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Pretty good read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-schedule041107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

" WEEK 2

Best game: Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals. Yeah, yeah, I can hear some of you saying it already: San Diego at New England is a much better game. I'm not arguing that, but the point is that I can put the Chargers in this spot just about every week and they'd fit. Considering that, the Seahawks and Cardinals figure to be really fun because this is a matchup of teams that will throw and score all game long. Neither team is going to be great on defense, so a really fun, 38-35 thriller could be in the offing.

Worst game: New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens. Two very good teams that play really boring football, particularly early in the season. One thing about this game is that it might set the record for the shortest amount of real-time play. The Jets and Ravens are both extraordinary at working the clock by running the ball and using high-percentage (see: short) passing games. Then again, when Chad Pennington is one of the quarterbacks, don't expect any awe-inspiring throws. "

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Well at least he admitted he was wrong. lol

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Seattle and Arizona? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he could put the Chargers in every week, he should. It fits the premise of the article. Instead, he tries to throw a bone to every crappy team in the league.

He says he could put the Chargers in the "best game" slot ever week, and then he proceeds to put them in the best game slot once, and the worst game slot twice.
    What a douche.

Seattle, Denver and ARIZONA are featured in the best game slot three times. Green Bay twice. The Bolts once? WTF?

4. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Is there anybody besides the author who would rather see Seattle-Arizona over Jets-Ravens?

Chargers/Patriots is easily one of the top 5 games of the year. It would have been even without the drama behind that playoff game.

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    :tup:

6. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I would

Arizona is going to be a fun team to watch this year. Ken Wiz should be able to turn Leinart into a top flight QB like he did Big Ben, and he has more weapons to work with in Ari then he ever did in Pitt.

Larry Fitzgerald is going to prove this year he is the best WR in the NFL (well besides Vinnie Jack :nana_rock: ) and with Anquan Boldin, Edge and Leinart on that offense, they will be very fun to watch.

The seahawks are always fun to watch. Unlike boring *** teams like the raven, the seahawks actually play an exciting brand of football.

I expect this to be a 38-35 game (cards win), and i would watch over the 13-10 borefest the Ravens/jets game is going to be

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    You can predict MAYBE what games will be best three or four weeks into the season. Who the hell knows whose going to go down for a long time during training camp and exhibition time? Who knows whose goint to get whacked, busted or sick once the season starts. If Rivers goes down early, not many Chargers games will be as much fun. Same with lots of quarterbacks, runnners and other players. My two picks are the ones where I get to watch the Chargers make the Raiders walk the plank.:icon_huh:

8. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Not True

Whitehurst will step in and be the 2007 version of Kurt Warner and lead this team to a lombardi trophy will picking up MVP awards (both season and super bowl) in the process!!!!!!

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Every week Chargers are the game of the week.

• Like Like x 1
  10. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I'm a little worried, our first game is on Fox.
    I live in Oregon and they usually schedule the Seahawks on Fox up here every week. I could end up missing the first game of the season!

It would be crap though to schedule a 9-7 team versus a 4-12 team, talk about BORING!

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Dude, go to a sports bar.

12. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I just turned 20 yesterday bro.:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    There's got to be a restaurant nearby that shows NFL games on Sundays. Start checking around now.

14. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    exactamundo

15. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    well then only 364 days to go.

and late Happy B-Day!:icon_toast:

16. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19

yea man. me and my dad have a routine, every sunday, same bar, same seats, same food

17. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Thanx:icon_toast: lol

18. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Ill just pray it gets aired here, I really dont want to sit around people and watch the Chargers. Especially when I dont know what Norv will be up to this year.

19. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    It's a worry. Seahawks are a regional team.

20. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    the reason why we're not the "best" game of the week every week is because we're STACKED. there's not a team in the league that can match up with us, if anything it'd be a blow-out week after week (great for CHARGER fans) but not so pleasing for everyone else.

you should look into going to BJ's, that's what I do when I'm in the Bay Area. Niners/Raiders games are NO BUENO!

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Are you EMBARASSED to be a Chargers fan?!?1

22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Whitehurst is pretty good for a young guy, but he's still wet behind the ears. I can't see him being as precocious as Rivers probably would have been. One of the reasons I'd be reluctant to trade Turner is that we'd have a much more diverse running attack with more options if we had to live and die without Rivers for an extended period of time. I would love to see LT and MT in the backfield at the same time. I'd like to see them run options together during the exhibitions.

23. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Dude, grow a pair. I showed my face in sports bars during th Leaf/Riley era. There's nothing to be ashamed about anymore. Norv will be fine. The Bolts are going to dominate. But even if they weren't, you should still sac up and represent.

• Like Like x 1
  24. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Why the **** are you here??