1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Good Bad and Ugly - TNF Bolts vs. Donkeys

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 14, 2016.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Good
    Hunter Henry - looking like everything he was projected to be and why he was best TE in college football
    Drew Kaser - Kudos for a huge improvement from last week
    Jatavis Brown - The Chargers found a legit star in the 5th round
    Korey Toomer - where did this guy come from??
    Joey Bosa - wasn't as obvious as the Raider game but he's a legit player
    Philip Rivers - Congrats on becoming franchise all time leading passer
    Josh Lambo - Automatic repeatedly
    Brandon Mebane - proof is in holding CJ Anderson to basically nothing

Bad
    Chargers OL - when all together....they couldn't run block worth a damn
    Travis Benjamin - stop. screwing up. Special Teams. PLEASE. He's so damn good but what the heck?
    Melvin Gordon - one good run and while alot was on his OL, he looks much more hesitant than early this year
    John Pagano - While he did draw up a good game plan to keep the Broncos in check, he got way too passive way too early

Ugly
    Kenny Wiggins - What the **** was he doing on the special teams??
    Special Teams Coach - Did you practice anything ever??? This is a bad joke.
    Mike McCoy - the Chargers SURVIVED and so much of it was in spite of McCoy, not because of him.
    Ken Whisenhunt - Especially at the end of the game, got so damn predictable. After a great first few drives he became predictable

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +535
    I am not saying that Whisenhunt isn't part of the 2nd half problem. I don't know. But I would be really interested to see the offense in the 2nd half with a lead if McCoy wasn't around.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am going to give them all a good on the night.

They played one of the best D's int he league and for the first half at least moved the ball at will on them. Our defensive front 7 looks like they can really impact games.

The issues with special teams can be worked on and I doubt Wiggins is going to try and catch many short kicks.

4. Samuel

Samuel Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Travis Benjamin was an asset to the Browns last year as a punt returner. Jacoby jones was awesome for the Ravens the year before. That means that the problem is in San Diego. I agree that they don't seem like the practiced safety kicks or onside kicks, not do they put their returner in a position to catch the goddamn ball. There was no plan on either kick, which is why Wiggins tried to catch it, and I really want to know what the st coach does from 9:00-5-:00 everyday.

5. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    Agree with just about all of this. I would take Melvin out of the Bad he had legit nowhere to go on 25 out of 27 of his carries this run blocking unit is beyond pathetic and one of the worst I ever seen in my life. I would also like to add Antonio gates to the bad. He looks fatter slower and sloppier than ever, hunter henry cannot be sitting on the bench in any formations for this guy anymore

6. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    Also, Attaochu only played 9 snaps last night. Kyle Emmanuel hasn't done a thing outside of the first game of his career and attaochu has 3x the physical talent. Not sure why we aren't using him more...

7. yantubos

yantubos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Special Team - beyond atrocious. The coach must have blackmail pictures of someone in the front office. Now sure how else he would keep his job.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Good job to the guys, it was good to see us finally get a win in the division for the first time in a couple years....:speechless:

But hey, I can give credit where it's due, and it's due to Trevor Semien.

I don't even know if I spelled his name right, but props to the kid for securing a Chargers victory by giving a performance closer to what we expected from Marc Sanchez. Very few QBs in this league can marginalize the talent of Demariyus Thomas when he's covered by practice squad talent, but Semien pulled it off.

9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    "Special" Team is an appropriate moniker, since the "R" word is no longer considered PC. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I agree with pretty much everything you have said here Loren.

I think Melvin Gordon has got more hesitant because of his recent fumbles costing the Chargers games. He must be a dear in headlights at the moment. Hope he gets his confidence back! That 40+ yard run would have helped.

The Offensive line has been pretty bad on average this year! I keep waiting to see some improvement but it never seems to happen. Despite that, in this last game, they did pretty good to slow down the Broncos rush for Phillip.

Bosa is Elite talent but I think we need some more pass-rush talent to put in the Line-backing core behind him and opp Ingram. Emanual is too hit and miss for me.