1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Good Game for the Bolts!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Nov 5, 2006.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    The bottom line is they won and I'm a little glad to see they struggled. They needed a little character test and a little adversity to see how they handle it. Bottom line is, good teams find ways to win. We have a few tough teams coming up (Cinci & the Donks) and those aren't gonna be easy. Games like this will only help them in the long run...and hopefully deep into the playoffs.

It was nice to see our linebacker corp step up today. Wilhelm I thought did pretty good in place of Donnie. Definitely gives us something to look forward too when we are back at full strength!

So far so good folks!!!:icon_banana:

Party on!:icon_toast: :icon_party:

2. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I agree, though I don't think I would go so far as to call it a good game. Over the last few years before this year we would have lost a game like that. That's encouraging, but we have to play better than that against Cincy and Denver.

3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I think it's good that we won a game that we easily could have lost. Most of our wins this year have been pretty easy but we've started showing some signs of being able to put the nail in the coffin in the 4th quarter of games. We've done it against Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and now against Cleveland--scoring drives late in the 4th quarter to put the game out of reach.

Now if we could just see our defense make a stop inside 2 minutes of a half, I'd feel much better about things.

• Like Like x 1
  4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    When I say "good" game, I am referring to us struggling against a team that we should have blown out but hung tough and dug deep when it counts. We have had problems rolling over in these close games. Let's hope that today is the beginning how to learn to put games away!:tup:

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    For those who were there, they had a shot of Marty yelling on the jumbotron "are you ready to kick some asss!!!" in the 3rd quarter......

That was too funny. :tup:

The chants of "you can't run" in the endzones was well played as well by the fans. :tup:

"Cleveland sucks" chants were in full force :icon_mrgreen:

And we Boo'd the **** out of KWII after every catch......Oh and we cheered when he was wobbling off the field aided by two of his trainer goons........ :icon_mrgreen:

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Winslow was bleeding near the ear as well and had quite a bit of blood stained on his jersey.

"Soldier boy"

:bolt:

7. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    But then he got up slowly and had to go to the sideline late in the game, and a play later, he looked ticked that he wasn't in there.

Well if you want to stay in the game don't get up slowly like a little *****.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    They flashed a stat on the jumbotron that said the Bolts lead the league in Points Per Game at 31 !!! :tup: :icon_toast:

9. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    We are also one of only two teams (bears are the other) in the league with 100 point difference in points for and points against

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    This is the first time in team history the Chargers have scored defensive touchdowns on fumbles in back to back games. :tup:

11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    My man Godfrey stripped Frye and led way for Marques Harris' TD in the endzone. :tup:

In fact, Godfrey had two forced fumbles. :icon_mrgreen:

The second one was recovered back by Cleveland though. :unsure:

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

My boy HART caused a fumble !!! :tup: :bolt:

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I saw that.

14. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Watching the game on my 62 widescreen, Ive noticed some things...

1. Chargers are beginning to be a 2nd half team. They turn it up when they need it the most and we can finally say we will be in every game until the the clock reaches :00 in the 4th.

2. DFlo had probably one of his worsts, but to me, alot of calls were booty.

3. EP again is clutch, as is KMAC.

4. The hell was AG all day? But then again, KW got alot of catches cuz thats all the weapons the browns have.

5. LT is da man. HE had that look on his face to kill someone after he scored his 2nd TD.

6. ANYONE watch the colts-pats game? Notice how easy Mharrison makes every catch look? Man that boy is awesome. Not since JJ or Wes Chandler that we have had anyone that athletic. DONT EVEN BRING UP ANTHONY MILLER OR TONY MARTIN.

15. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    My boy played a pretty good game, eh? :yes:

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/15938924.htm

CASE OF END-ZONE ENVY

Inability to score touchdowns dooms Browns in loss to Chargers

By Patrick McManamon
    Beacon Journal sportswriter

SAN DIEGO - The sixth loss in eight games was a little more maddening and frustrating than the others.

The Browns thought that they had a great chance for an upset Sunday in Qualcomm Stadium, but one of the fundamental elements of football did them in: Touchdowns.

The inability to score and to stop LaDainian Tomlinson from scoring were the main reasons that the Browns left with a 32-25 loss.

``That is the whole game,'' tight end Steve Heiden said.

He shook his head....................click on link for more - good read

17. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +334
    I have noticed this as well. Team is doing well with second half adjustments. :icon_banana: :bolt: :icon_banana:

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Rivres is number one in the 4th qtr in QBR.....I think I read that somewhere recently.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +610
    I didn't know you needed a 62 inch widescreen to notice those things :icon_shrug:

bragging are we? or compensating for other shortcommings? :icon_shrug: :icon_rofl:

20. Katrina

Katrina BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I was a little concerned what with both our Shawns gone, but it went OK! :tup:

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

CAN SOMEBODY THE BACK FLIP YOUR BOY DID COMMING OFF THE FIELD??!!

FREAKIN AMAZING!!

:tup: :tup:

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Mine is 62.5 inches :lol:

23. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Two observations...

I like the way Matt Wilhelm plays. It looked like they had him blitz the first couple plays he sub-ed for Donnie and he got great penetration. I don't think he covers the pass as well as Donnie, but I still think the guy is a quality linebacker.

Did you guys see how pissed off Rivers was coming off the field in the third quarter. He was screamin' and cursing and look like he wanted to rip someone's head off. It was spectacular to see just how competative he is.

24. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    oh yeah... two more observations

Igor played like a MAN. He was eating up blockers and pushing the line back all day. Looks like he's feeling better.

That 66 yard punt... all in the air was just sick. Might be the longest punt I've ever seen. And seein' Scifres jarin' with the return guy from the Browns was pretty amusing.

25. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +334
    Give me a few, I have it TiVo'd. I will capture it and post it shortly.

[​IMG]

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

Sweet !!!!! :tup:

He did a cartwheel as well.

Dude - do a capture of the cartwheel as well to show the whole moment ! :tup:

27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

YES PLEASE!!!

I see a new av in the making!!!

:icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

28. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +334
    Ok fellas, here is his TD, cartwheel, and backflip. Enjoy! :icon_banana: :bolt: :icon_banana:

Click to View.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If Ms. Trumpy was not so wasted she would have seen it as well. :icon_mrgreen: I pointed out the cartwheel as he started it and said "look" and pointed to the sideline area around the 20 yard line. I was even specific but noooooooo.......

Hey BFISA should have a killer photo of Rule12b pouring some Skyy Vodka (may have been grey goose) into a hip flask for the game. Busted. :lol: