1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Good Lord, I was pulling hard for you guys last night

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by titanfan24, Nov 24, 2008.

1. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Long time, no talk fellas. I was rooting so hard for you guys last night. I just knew that the Bolts were going to continue their mastery over the Colts and make me feel a little bit better about the annual November no-show (Fisher teams have one EVERY November) the Titans pulled yesterday against the Jets.

Why Norvel Turner called that timeout just baffles me. Just a crucial mistake playing against Peyton Manning.

With that said, you all hang in there, Denver is going to give you guys a couple more chances to catch up. Hopefully, your players can rise to the challenge.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    N:icon_huh:rv is an idiot.

Thanks for the support tho TF24. Stay classy as always man.

3. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Hey RTL,

What do you think about Dean giving Norv the "vote of confidence" last week. Is this just a matter of the Spanos' not wanting to buy out the rest of the contract, or is this Dean exhibiting control over coaching decisions, since AJ seems to have screwed the pooch on the Marty to Norv decision?

4. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Well, we got our answer...it took exactly two years for Norv to screw things up beyond repair. Unfortunately, this season we have consistently found ourselves waiting for the other shoe to drop in close games, and pretty much without fail it has.

I think we are as good as done. We are time and again given opportunities, and time and again we blow them. I and many others have gotten to the point where if it is a one score game late in the 4th, we know we will come up short. It's the hallmark of Norv...that's how it was here in Washington, that's how it was in Oakland (on the occasions they were competitive), and that's how it is now.

On a better note, thanks for checking in, don't be a stranger. :tup:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I believe public votes of confiedence are the kiss of death.

The only think makes me uneasy about this one is that AJ and Dean both used some pretty forceful language, but I digress...

If N:icon_huh:rv stays, I will not renew my season tickets or buy any more gear, about all I can do.

6. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...It's too bad union solidarity is something we can't achieve on a fan level. If the mutiny that's arising in this room is indicative of the Bolt fan base as a whole...ONE MOTHER OF A BOYCOTT or FAN STRIKE might get the point across to those boneheads!!

7. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Thanks TF24. I already put my mind into playoff contention.

I hate NE, Pitt, Indy and Denv.
    If the Bretts walk in Namath's shoes it can get hot.
    Yesterday I liked the first loss.
    But Jeff won't get beaten twice.
    So if SD won't get in I'll root for the miracle music town.

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    thanks. butt... we're fuucked. get it? :bolt:

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Fish? You call them fish... you are a freak!:icon_eek:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

:hilarious:

Shouldn't call him "butt" though. That's not nice!!! :hilarious:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Thanks for stopping by TF24 and good luck on your team's run at the Super Bowl!!!

12. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Good idea!

13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I think it sucks .....just like the team does this year. They are a reflection of Norv and i hope they fire him just as they did Ted Cottrell after a vote of confidence.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Lesson Learned... ALWAYS under ALL circumstances... listen to BOLTS4LIFE!!! :yes: :tup: :lol: :icon_tease:

15. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I was NEVER in favor of Norv's hiring but i disliked Cottrell's hiring more.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    yo Chris good to see on as always man, hope your having alot more fun then we are.

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Dude, first thing I said to my friends sitting next to me was "why didn't they run down the clock?" :banghead:

I was hoping the Titans would go perfect. They've proven they can win in many ways.

Enjoy being the AFC's #1 seed in the playoffs! :icon_toast:

18. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Sometimes, the more controversial seasons are good for message board traffic Ant....HAHA!!

I was having a great season, personally, until about 2PM on Sunday, but it was bound to happen. Tennessee is going to have to get their secondary healthy to make a run at this thing. The biggest mistake the Titans made this year was not getting Ty Law under contract before the Jets did.

Jets sign Law, Tennessee loses three corners in two weeks to injury, and has to go sign 137 year old Tyrone Poole.

I still think you guys can make it.....you just have to be within a game of Denver when you play them.