1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Good news and Bad news

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Apr 22, 2007.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    The good news:I just heard that the Chiefs GM confirmed that they are actively shopping Larry Johnson

The bad news: I just heard that the Chiefs GM confirmed that they are actively shopping Larry Johnson

This is great because it means he most likely will never play in the AFC West again. This is bad news because it could DEVISTATE the Michael Turner trade market.

Whats your take? Good or bad?:icon_huh:

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Where'd you hear this? Got a link?

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Very, very, very GOOD. LJ has terrorized us in the past 2 seasons.

If it messes with us trading Turner, oh well. We may stll be able to trade Turner, MT may still wind up being a cheaper option than LJ, depending on what the Chefs want for LJ.

If not, MT will just be here this year, which isn't a bad thing.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I heard it on FoxSportsRadio. Sorry no link, but there will be plenty tomarrow I'm sure.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    From KFFL:

Chiefs | L. Johnson on trading block?
    Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:54:43 -0700
    <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/143">Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered RB Larry Johnson to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

Checked out his section at the KC Star. Nothing there yet. Guess we'll read about it soon.

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Yep, he said it was breaking news.

Well I guess this finishes the Chiefs for the year. They are finnaly entering the rebuilding phase

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    wow. He must really be a pain in the asss off the field. I mean, they weren't actively shopping Priest Holmes when they drafted LJ in the first round a few years ago. Were they?

Tell you what. I'd rather face him for the next couple of years rather than Adrian Peterson for the next 7 or 8. I'm sure they'd be moving waaaaay up if somehow they're able to move LJ. And Peterson is just a beast. I don't want him in the AFC West, unless he's backing up LT.

8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    In the light of the recent player suspensions, teams are going to do whatever it takes to steer clear of "problem players". LJ has already been in trouble with the law for beating women on two seperate occassions. The guy is an obvious turd off the field, something that Turner has proven that he's not.

As for MT's value, I would wait to hear what the Chefs are looking for before slashing your wrists.

I would be stoked to keep MT another year.

9. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    What else do you need to hear really? Their GM confirmed it yeseterday that they are trying to trade this guy.
    Which I assume means negotiations broke down.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    It is a good thing because he's getting out of the AFC West and he is the ONLY RB that our D has had trouble with. So rock on

Yeah it will hurt the Turner market unfortunately

11. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    LJ's off field stuff is going to make him a gamble of sorts. That means the teams interested will be the ones willing to go out on a limb to aquire talent, such as the Faders, Skins, Vikes, Cincy, or Browns, to name a few.

IMO, MT is a better RB than LJ, by far. MT isn't called the "Burner" for nuthin'. MT hits the hole every bit as hard as LJ. If I were a GM looking for a RB, I'd want LT first and MT second, out of all RB's in the leauge.

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The only reason Larry Johnson did so well against us is because Donniie Edwards was/is a pusssy. :yes:

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    LJ is a flat out BEAST! I love MT, but I'd take LJ over him despite some character issues.
    He's not nearly as bad as Moss or Owens, he's not a team cancer, hes just a jerk.

14. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Even at twice the cap hit? You have taken the bucks into account. That's a big reason why there was very little interet in Edge and Alexander when their contracts were coming up.

Turner at 2.5 mill > LJ at 7 mil. :yes:

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    if i was cleveland I'd make a trade for that with a high second

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    If LJ leaves the Chiefs it's great news.

17. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I dont know that Turners contract wont be twice that once he gets resigned.
    LJ is the kinda guy you build a franchise around, and thats still less than we pay LT.

18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I'd hate to see this guy on the Raiders. He'll fit right in.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Does LJ come with his own diapers?

This post does not reflect the opinions or policies of bolttalk or any of its active users. This post did not have the SDC seal of approval.

20. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    Do you have to be so d*** contrary all the time. Why didn't you ask about the other accesories? Huh? Like a Diaper bag? Babby Wipes? Industrial strength changing station in the locker room? :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

21. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    LJ is a good player but also remeber:

1: He had a great O line in KC
    2: They were pratically running him into the ground. Having the most carries in a season isnt a good record to break, especially not if your running him that much every year. Unless he is Bruce Willis in Unbreakable then no RB can take that much punishment and expect a long career.
    3: His Attitude. It is not as bad as Moss (if it were then he would have been dumped with almost no team taking him up) however it is bad enough to be harmful to the locker room. Also placing him with other big egos would be a very bad idea.

So when teams look at LJ they see factors, his stats, but also his what ifs. There is reason KC is dumping one of their best players. Especially when a 1 and 3 seems doubtful.

22. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    I'ds love to see that. LJ couldn't run with that O-Line. LJ is a stud, but he can't do it by himself.

Look what happened to Alexander after Hutchinson left. No O-Line, no running game.

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I don't follow the Pride and Puke boys too much, but I thought they had signed some lineman in the off season, and then I would expect them to upgrade in this draft. You probably are right, though, he more than likely would not be as effective in Oakland, but I'd rather see him in Green Bay, or better yet, Detroit.

24. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    I can go along with the ship him off thought. :tup:

25. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Me too.
    I bet he asked for some rediculous sum of money. I can see him as the kind of guy who asks to be paid more than LT, just cuz. lol