1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Good News! It is November.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Nov 1, 2011.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Dating back to 2006, the Chargers are 39-7 in regular-season games after October.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hey Doug .... STFU. :p

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I need more booze this morning. I don't think my boss will mind

4. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Bad news, we play a good Packer team for the first game in November. :(

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
  6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    13-3 here we come....

7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Thanks for the reminder, Doug. Despite the awful feeling many of us have today
    (first thing I did this morning was double-check w/ ESPN...yep...NOT just a horrible nightmare)
    this is a truly amazing stat. Oh course, the NFL truism has always been: "It's not how you start,
    it's how you finish." Let's hope Norv's got a good money shot in him. Ow...apologies for any
    bad imagery. One more reason for hope: the game is here. So far, Chargers are 3-0 at home.
    It's still a scary game...Rodgers has been playing practically error-free. But the Chargers are
    (just) good enough to hang around in this one...and then anything can happen...

[early line: 5.5 which seems low...must be because it's in San Diego]

8. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    No better way to jump start your season than a win over the defending Champs. Chargers will win this game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    If we go out and beat the packers I'll drink more out of confusion then happiness

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    We'll find out a whole lot about this team & what we can expect going forward, in the coming month. Next up is the undefeated defending SB Champs, and 4 days later we welcome the divisional rival Raiders to town, and then Denver 2 weeks after that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    LOL, so true.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'll buy the first round then we can just stare at each other and mutter WTF over and over.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    If we go an beat the Packers I will celebrate the victory. Because the last two weeks should have demonstrated how precious those Ws are in the parity ripe NFL.

14. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    It wouldn't be the craziest thing if we beat them, but we need Rivers at his best to stand a chance. We have just as many offensive weapons and arguably a better run game, so it isn't crazy to think we can win at home, especially considering how badly we need a W now.

Hoping to see a lot of Rivers-to-Gates on Sunday... Rivers should be looking over the middle as he's had some success there, even with VJ lined up in the slot and the dump-off balls to Tolbert and RM, he's thrown a lot of picks by trying to force big plays uneccsarily in y opinion, he just needs a bit of patience and to take more of what the D gives him rather than forcing it too much.

15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    If you have followed some of recent games that GBay has had, some of those games were really close, so there are some chinks in their armor, the Bolts just have to exploit them enough to give us an advantage to score some points and hope that the home crowd can help to unseat the champs.

16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    For the Chargers to win they need to do a few things they haven't done all year and a few things they haven't done in a month or so

1. Play a full game, not half
    2. No stupid mistakes
    3. No/as few as possible stupid penalties
    4. Get constant pass rush

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Its gotta be good news!! Surely the worst IS behind us now??

18. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    I think we can upset the packers if we;

#1 Limit the mistakes
    #2 Do the basics well
    #3 Attack them on offence for 60 minutes

I also think that we should be mindful when attacking Aaron Rodgers as he seems to be the best QB @ finding the open guy when being pressured. I get the feeling that if we over compensate and go-all-out pass rushing he might make us pay!

We need to be smart and mix up our coverage and blitz schemes. I actually think that a conservative approach on defence will work better against the Packers. They are going to score points, thats for certain. Keeping a hold of them so they don't get away from us is key.

19. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I just said this to myself today.. I just hope we don't turn that switch off man..

I am very confident that we can beat the Packers.. Looking up and down there roster and looking up and down at ours were evenly played.. OUR guys just have to play to THEIR potential. Do your job and focus on your role.. We have to limit the mistakes and penalties, and oh by the way Qualcomm better be rockin' for this one or I will be very angry! I don't want to see the Rodgers belt check thing.. thats not happening out here in SD boy!

Does anybody know about Castillo's progress? And how about Shaun Phillips? Two big defensive players we need back soon..

I really think losing Cooper has been tough.. He knew the playbook the best out of everyone and was really a outstanding communicator in that defense throughout the years..

Hoping Tolbert will play as well.. Dielman is OUT correct?

We need to put pressure on Rodgers.. Liuget needs to step up and also Martin in the pass rush.. Garay and Harris I thought played very well and Cam Thomas against KC.. Barnes, LaBoy, Phillips, Spikes, and Butler need to have their best games as well as Jammer, Gilchrist, and Hughes.. I think this is Gilchrists' game right here.. Jordy Nelson will be a test but I rather see Jammer on him and Gilchrist on Jennings to be honest..

Rivers has to be almost perfect as well..

20. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    As competitive as Philip is, I'll bet he just can't wait for Sunday, and a big chance to redeem himself. A victory over the undefeated Packers would make most folks not even care about what has happened the last 2 weeks, it would only be 1 win but it would be huge for this entire team, and their confidence.

• Like Like x 1
  21. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    bad news, norv is our coach still.

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm sure that we aren't the on;y confused or confusing team in the league right now.

Saints lose to the Rams? B'more loses to Jags? Those are just the couple that immediately come to mind.

Maybe we're ******, maybe not. One thing that is fairly consistent with this team - they find a way to confound the crap outta ya.

I'll save my whining for job interviews & my angst when looking for $$ to pay the bills. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  23. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Bad news N4L is our antagonist still.