1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Goodell wants implementation of new NFL fan conduct policy.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, May 23, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    This article talks about cracking down on the fans. I really hope they never have to ban alcohol. That would just turn drinking into a stealth operation. I do agree that there are a few that get out of control and agree something should be done about them. The article does mention incidents in San Diego. Thoughts?

2. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I've been treated real well everywhere I've been. :yes:

But there was that trip to Jacksonville. :drama:

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    No alcohol served in the stadium won't be too disappointing. That's what a flask is for!!!
    That will just take fun out of preseason games. Because I spend pretty much the whole second half in "Murphy's." Though the only reason I go to preseason is because it's free and I live close by. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

BUT... if they do something to stop tailgating, I might not renew my season tickets.

4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Apparently you get a better deal then I do.

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Stadium security in every venue is quite able to track the offending individuals. Forfeiture of tickets for the rest of the season for a first offense, forfeiture of tickets for the next season for a second offense, a lifetime ban for the third strike. This would be imposed only upon each incidence requiring ejections or arrest before or after games. Simple warnings, gracefully accepted, wouldn't count at any time.

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I'd love to see something happen to the idiots that can't figure out that they are supposed to be having a good time.

7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Alcohol is banned at NCAA games and they have just as many problems as the NFL regarding fan conduct. That said, alcohol-free NCAA games are more fun than NFL games to me.

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Do they ban alcohol outside when tailgating, or just in the stadium?

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    About time. I have been to Oakland a few times to see bolts games, but the last one I attended I went home reeking of beer and it had nothing to do with what I drank.

Many SD season tix holders sell their tix to Raider fans. It would be nice to see those turncoats have their season tix pulled if the jerkoffs they sell tix to get popped for unruly behavior.

10. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    We are Charger fans; we treat opposing team’s fans with respect and courtesy, the kind of respect we should expect in their stadiums. And although we may not always be treated the way we should we will always be gracious to our fellow football fans.

My best visiting experience at another stadium was Green Bay; Walt Disney could not have come up with a better backdrop for a football experience.

My worst visiting experience is of course Oakland. That dump looks like it was designed by the offspring of Adolph Hitler and a crack-addicted baboon. Raider fans act like Goth clowns on acid.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    My brother has season tickets to Florida State games. He says the bars are PACKED before the game, not to mention that area is one gigantic tailgate party. So the fans are pretty lit before those games.

My wife worked/went to Univ. of Wisconsin for awhile. That stadium is right in the middle of a student reisdential area. Besides having a party at just about every house there, students will let you park on their front lawns, for a fee.

12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    My wife went to UW Madison and she and her roommates made their beer money by having peeps park on the lawn. They had a prime place right near Camp Randell. They had regulars that parked every game and they held the spots for them. :icon_toast:

Great school and I will prolly send my kids there in about 12 years when they are ready. We send a few $$ to the alumni fund to keep my wife's name in good standing. Admissions looks at that stuff for children who apply. :yes:

13. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    When are we gonna crack down on Godell????

Stan :rivers17:

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good point.

I've been to plenty of NCAA games where people were lit (myself included) - sometimes there are problems, more often not. I certainly don't condone bad behavior, but if Goodell can't handle situations like the blatant cheating by the Pats, he can KMA with his "crackdown" on fan behavior. Seems to me that this guy is just a ***** who only takes on the fights he knows he can handle & won't unearth anything too damaging to the NFL's image or hurt his cash cows.

Screw this panty-waist little *****. He's nothing but a two-faced wannabe bully. :icon_evil:

15. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Hooligan riots between soccer teams and wrong alcohol treatment is a problem in European stadiums. The teams have to deal with it, because you can lose money or homefield games, even when the guest fans start fighting or starting fireworks. To minimise this they build a lot of fences inside the stadiums to seperate the fans and took videotapes from the seats. So the problems went outside to railway stations or city streets were the hooligans of both sides met. The big teams in Italy, England and Germany pay socialworkers to cool down the fan groups and drive with them to awaygames.

These problems are not as strong in the US, mainly because a trip to an away game is too expensive for those trash people. At Arrowhead I've seen no fences, friendly people and only a little cheating after the Chiefs lost to the Bolts last year. When the commissioner thinks about troubles to come and how to prevent this - it is a good thing. Making it easy by only banning alcohol is not the right way. The 1920ies showed America that too much control doesn't work ("stealth bottles")and make the bad guys stronger.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It's the most fun game of the year IMO.

17. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    :lol: That's funny as hell ......

I'm all for cracking down and banning the jerks in the stands.

Let's do that right after we see a lifetime ban for a head coach who has been cheating for eight years.

18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Stadium regs aren't as intrusive as prohibition or the insanity of the extent of our drug laws, but you are right. Teams and stadium security are quite equal to the task of weeding out the jerks, particularly if teams can be cajoled in controlling THEIR ticket holders who cause trouble in other stadiums as well as those wo misbehave in their own. I've been to soccer stadiums in South America that have moats and escape hatches built in the the fields that lead to safety tunnels.

19. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    For crying out loud. I just watched the youtube videos of the raider Charger fights etc. Whats with the raiders wanna be gangster look? The games are supposed to be for entertainment. If you want to go somewhere just to fight, get yer *** over to Iraq.

I was mad when someone behind us threw beer at a couple of Charger fans sitting in front of us. Of course we were hit too because we were in the line of fire. Of course Bronco security was lame. I think the Broncos security guys are moonlighting from Cinnabons at the mall. At 8 bucks a cup who in their right mind would throw a beer at someone?