1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Goodell's Letter to NFL owner's regarding LA relocation

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by powayslugger, Jan 9, 2016.

1. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    The only thing Spanos has on his side in this argument (sorta) is geography.

He can't compete with the Raiders winning a Super Bowl in LA, and the Rams having nearly 50 years of history there. Hell he can't even compete with the Cowboys training camp, the Chargers have no pull in that market. Corporations may buy up luxury boxes, but true fans are still a big portion of the profit. Not to mention merchandise which I believe is shared NFL revenue.

I have to say, the closer we get to this the less I believe the Chargers will get the go ahead.

3. English

English @tonywaters

Ratings:
    +92
    I'm going to get me an LA Rams jersey and join their rallies until NFL owners realise that the only option is for Rams to go 'home' and everybody else stays where they are.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SuperChargers86

SuperChargers86 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    There goes Jerry Jones sticking his nose in places it shouldn't be!

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Jerrah!

brownnose+BBC.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    How many of the "OLD" owners are still around? And what I mean is how many owners were around when Al Davis sued the NFL because he claimed the NFL did not help in getting a stadium built in LA? Could those same owners vote against him now?

7. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    ahhh..... old Al is dead.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Get ready for the San Diego Raiders; it just makes too much sense at this point

9. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    I keep hearing this, I doubt Spanos would agree to let the Raiders, (or any team in the future) come to SD (his market). I think he is counting on SD fans to get over it, and root for LA Chargers, time heals all wounds,lol Also, I figure the NFL would like to tout that they kept a team in their original market, ie Oakland.

Go LA Rams!

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Supposedly Davis has been in contact with San Diego, and wants out of Oakland. While STL and SD have at least tried to keep their team, Oakland hasn't given a crap about keeping the Golden State Warriors (!!!) let alone the Raiders. That's a city that can barely support any professional sports team.

As such it makes sense for Davis to move the team to greener pastures, and that could be San Diego or maybe San Antonio (don't see them going to STL). And Dean can complain all he wants about another team moving into SD but if he gets to move to the Chargers to LA, he no longer gets to complain or have a say in anything. The moment he utters so much as a peep about the Raiders moving to San Diego, the NFL itself will tell him to STFU and loudly.

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    Spanos would be just one of 32 votes, though

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    He can always sue but it will be so futile on so many grounds which it will be laughed out of court. For starters, he is in partnership with Mark Davis over there in Carson, as far as the land(fill) goes ;)

13. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Out of the 3 teams which are wishing to relocate, both Rams and the Raiders will fill up any stadium faster than LA Chargers would with own fans. I'd even go further and say that the Raiders could sell out faster than the LA Rams would, even if the Raiders are in SD! Those Turds have one of the most loyal followings through thick and thin for reasons which I can not fathom, as a U.S. transplant since 1990.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    I am just thinking in terms of the details. I think this whole thing will be negotiated w/o a vote. This whole relocation process has been laughable, from Rodger Gooddell saying neither city has a viable plan, but then accepts that Spanos has really been trying to get a stadium built here with, er cough, 9 plans. I think 1.5 of those plans may have been legit, the rest were just ideas, no financing, no renderings, no citizens initiative. Also, they were not necessarily with the city of San diego.

These things rarely get worked out by simple vote, there will be significant negotiations, one of which no teams in SD, that may very well kept off the record. Wink wink

But if the Raiders move to SD, Go SD Raiders. It will instantly give me 3 superbowls, an owner who is a goofball, but likeable, and seems to stay out of the way of football operations. Also, doesnt appear to have his buffoon family in important football roles.

15. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    But will you change your current moniker from Fouts, to say Hoss or Hostetler? :D

16. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    Plunkett :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    I just don't see how they could justify keeping the Turds in their current situation. And the Rams of course are self sufficient enough to buy their own way.

All bias aside, those teams deserve LA more than the Chargers do.

I would gladly take the Rams in SD, but the Raiders..........blecht!

18. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Isn't that one of Michael Jackson's kids?! :laugh:

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    he is, but the Raiders are not

20. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Trade Rivers to the Rams and you got a deal

I can't see myself rooting for the raiders

21. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Chargers need to rebrand if they move to L.A. Chargers just don't have a great deal of brand success. I think I could come up with few good team names if the price was right lol

22. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    The Los Angeles Greece Balls!

Nailed it! :laugh:

TradeMarked and I'll sue Yo MoFos without permitted use!

23. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    The way Spanos has spit on this city and us as fans, I'd be wearing Silver and Black if they came to SD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Half the stadium wore black for their last game anyway

25. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
  26. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker