1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Goodman/Crayton

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,242
    Why are we not trying anyone else out on returns?

Goodman ranks 41st overall in the league. 13 returns for 296 yards, 22.8 yard average.

HESTER ranks at 32, 2 returns for 48 yards...

2. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Would Bryan Walters not be an option? Goodman is crap, he looks kinda awkward, did you see him trip over himself on the last (or 2nd last ) return last night.

3. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Betrayed Bolt Supporter

Ratings:
    +382
    I can understand our not using Jacob Hester on kick returns, he’s our 1st string fullback and if he were to get hurt on a return,. It would affect our offensive as well.

Patrick Crayton was a very productive receiver for us last season, with great running after the catch until he got hurt & went on IR – he just needs to make better decisions on punt returns and display better situational awareness. I think Richard Goodman my develop into a good kick returner, he’s definitely got good speed and his later returns in the game were much better than his earlier ones. Until he gets more proficient at setting up & following his blocks, Rich Bisaccia should put the brakes on Goodman bringing it out of the end zone from farther than about 3 – 5 yards deep - starting at the 20 is more preferable than alot of what we were getting yesterday.

4. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +374
    Exactly this. Goodman shouldn't be bringing the rock out from the back of the endzone like he thinks he's Devin Hester or something. I understand the boy probably wants to contribute, but be smart, sometimes u gotta take a touchback for the team haha.

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,928
    Might be that Walters is injured? Didn't the Chargers also have Boonah as an option to return kicks?

6. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,242
    Brinkley hasnt returned mush that I know of, since college.

7. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +403
    either way goodman or walters we need a threat as a return guy.. although walters had the return td in the preseason he isnt explosive enough to be a threat consistently in the return game.. idk why toddman was cut i thought he could have helped out in this area.. as for crayton he made some stupid decisions fielding punts against the jets

8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +983
    If Cason does lose his spot to Gilchrist, I would give the punt and kick returns to him...