1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Goodman/Crayton

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Why are we not trying anyone else out on returns?

Goodman ranks 41st overall in the league. 13 returns for 296 yards, 22.8 yard average.

HESTER ranks at 32, 2 returns for 48 yards...

2. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Would Bryan Walters not be an option? Goodman is crap, he looks kinda awkward, did you see him trip over himself on the last (or 2nd last ) return last night.

3. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I can understand our not using Jacob Hester on kick returns, he’s our 1st string fullback and if he were to get hurt on a return,. It would affect our offensive as well.

Patrick Crayton was a very productive receiver for us last season, with great running after the catch until he got hurt & went on IR – he just needs to make better decisions on punt returns and display better situational awareness. I think Richard Goodman my develop into a good kick returner, he’s definitely got good speed and his later returns in the game were much better than his earlier ones. Until he gets more proficient at setting up & following his blocks, Rich Bisaccia should put the brakes on Goodman bringing it out of the end zone from farther than about 3 – 5 yards deep - starting at the 20 is more preferable than alot of what we were getting yesterday.

4. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Exactly this. Goodman shouldn't be bringing the rock out from the back of the endzone like he thinks he's Devin Hester or something. I understand the boy probably wants to contribute, but be smart, sometimes u gotta take a touchback for the team haha.

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Might be that Walters is injured? Didn't the Chargers also have Boonah as an option to return kicks?

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Brinkley hasnt returned mush that I know of, since college.

7. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    either way goodman or walters we need a threat as a return guy.. although walters had the return td in the preseason he isnt explosive enough to be a threat consistently in the return game.. idk why toddman was cut i thought he could have helped out in this area.. as for crayton he made some stupid decisions fielding punts against the jets

8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    If Cason does lose his spot to Gilchrist, I would give the punt and kick returns to him...