1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Got a bitter taste after that win?.... this will do the trick!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mandude, Sep 9, 2007.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/09/09/chargers/index.html

I might be the only one, but I was a bit soar after that win. Yeah we came back, but we were sloppy, LT wasn't playing to his highest, VJ proved once again to be over hyped hack... but this article is pretty great, and makes the win seem more important than Randy Moss's 184 yard game... BRING ON THE PATS.:abq2:

"If they were looking for a test of their new-found mettle, they could have scarcely done better than their bruising 14-3 defeat of the visiting Bears, a game that, if you didn't know better, could have unfolded in the slop of a Chicago winter, rather than beneath the pristine skies of another sunny day in San Diego."

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    This is the same SI writer that had us losing the AFCW to the Donks isnt it?

3. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I have no idea, they all blend together.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    SI is very Anti Charger at the moment.
    They hacked us apart in the preseason predictions.

Eitherway, I agree 100% with the players. This is a game we would have lost last year, and the Chargers seem much more mature.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Don Banks sucks donkey balls.

When VJ proves them all wrong this year, he'll be saying what a great WR he is.

SMD+KMA Don Banks!

6. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59

That's kinda the point... he's hasn't proven anyone anything but right.

Where was he today, other than dropping balls in the endzone?

I AM DIEING TO JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON, because that means the chargers are winning, and he's making plays... but right now he hasn't shown me much.

7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    You shouldn't really judge a player off of 1 game against one of the league's best defenses, and that pass he dropped was tipped, maybe he should of still caught it but it's not like Gates didn't make drops that should of been caught. Drops happen, especially when you're triple covered, jumping up for the ball and having it tipped before it got to you.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It wasn't a pretty win, but it still goes in the W column. It's not like the Bears suck - they do have a good defense, even if their offense isn't great. We beat a team that is supposed to be the cream of the NFC. I think Norv kept things pretty conservative because he knows how good they are at the takeaway game.

LT didn't have the type of day that we've come to expect, but he put points on the board & that works for me. His 158.3 passer rating is still intact! :tup:

I'm probably still most concerned about our secondary. Lots of wide open throws for Rex yesterday. Also, did Floyd play? I don't recall noticing him out there.

Thanks to the area that I live in, I missed the opening kickoff & first 2 minutes. How did my boy Darren get hurt?

Anyway, glad for an opening day win. On to NE!! :bolt:

9. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59

This isn't just one game. All I keep hearing about is VJ is going to do this, or that. Bla. I am sick of hearing about him. Let him do something, like catch a pass during in a clutch moment.

The guy has been nothing special.

10. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155
    Like the Seahawk game?:icon_shrug:

11. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155
    Darren got hurt on the first kick return, he got hit pretty hard. He suffered a concussion.

And I believe Floyd did play, but only when we were close to the end zone, but I don't think any balls were thrown his way.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Cancelling my subscription to (b)SI was one of the best things I ever did.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Floyd rotated in and out on the field with davis but nothing came his way
    to be honest I mentioned this in the podcast, the Bears have one of the best sets of three corners in the league today.

14. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    I, too, didn't feel really 'great' after the win, but it is a win and I agree that it was a good test of character winning a close, hard fought game. I'm not sure if I liked our offense schemes. Seemed like LT was being run time and again into a brick wall. I know the bears have good LBs, but maybe some sweeps or trickery could have been effective. I'm still wishing for LT and Turner in at the same time. Fake to one, pitch to the other..... lots of stuff that can happen.

VJ did okay..... I couldn't tell that the ball was tipped in the endzone. It looked like he was trying to catch it against his body and it bounced off. Still, make the freekin' catch. But, VJ did make a couple nice grabs so he did his job. I wanted to see a few more deep balls. I think our offense plan was a bit boring and predictable.

Anyone else think that a fake to LT on the first play and then throwing long would be a good one? We start EVERY game with the same play.

Also, on 2nd and 2, maybe that's a good time for a fake to LT and then toss a long one. I can call the plays from the stands in some instances.

15. rapscallion

rapscallion BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    It was tipped just enough to deflect it, othwerwise he would have caught it with his hands right at face level. VJ did fine... what's with all the hate?

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Or the Broncos game in Mile High where he had that leaping catch at the back of the endzone?

17. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."