1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Got Memorabilia?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by in_a_days, May 19, 2008.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    So when I was a kid I used to be all into baseball and football cards. And occasionally I still get the bug and buy a card or two. I just picked this up on e-bay and it's one of my new favs.

[​IMG]

If you got it, flaunt it. :bolt:

2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    I've got like 20 baseballs signed by Vladimir Guerrero and like 50 8x10 signed photos. Really hoping Vladdy makes the 3000 hit 500 HR club as I will be able to sell these off in 40 years for a lot of money. I also got Pedro to autograph his rookie card like 12 years ago. I have a couple of bats too but not from anybody notable. Pat Burrell gave me his baseball cap like 7 years ago and John Rocker gave me a baseball but neither are signed. Also I have Mike Piazza's 350th home run ball.

Got a Daniel Sedin autographed rookie card back when card companies put autographs in like 1 out of every 20,000 packs.

Cards suck now a days because they just load autographs and game used **** into every pack. It was much more exciting when you got an autograph like 10-12 years ago and felt like you won the lottery.

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    So true. As a hobby sports card collecting has really gone to **** for that exact reason.

EDIT: BTW Those Vlad auto's are a solid investment :yes:

4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    It was a free investment :lol:

Anyone who waltzed into Montreal you could get their autograph guaranteed if you wanted to. I remember one time there were like 3 people at batting practice and I came home with 8 BP balls. The next week the Red Sox came in for an interleague visit and tons of Red Sox fans drove up and you could barely squeeze into the bleachers. Also every week two Expos players sat down to sign autographs as a promotion and you could lineup and wait like 5 mins to get two 8x10 photos of the player and one item of your choice autographed and then get back in line to do it again for the entire hour they were signing.

5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Doesn't get any more solid than that. :lol:

Nice! I've got a Jerry Rice and a Dan Marino rookie. :icon_mrgreen:

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  7. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I still have the Padres bobblehead doll I got when I was 11. Yeah. When dinosaurs walked the earth.

8. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I have a baseball signed by Benito Santiago.

I also have a Chicago Bears football signed by the 1986 team. I worked with a guy who's brother (Dennis Gentry) was on the team at the time.

9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    I love Benito!!!! That guy was a really nice guy. Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine were complete *******s everytime I met them when they were with the Braves. Maybe they were just really really focusing pregame but man... Maddux used to pitch against the bleacher wall which was padded all by himself and whenever a BP ball came his way he would just throw it back to the pitchers mound and if lil kids would ask him for a ball he would just say "No.". Even kids who used to say like "greg you are my hero". F that guy.

Players who pissed me off I used to scream "Mr. McGwire, can I have your autograph?!?!?!" I used to pretend they were Mark McGwire and it used to piss the hell out of them :icon_rofl: Most of the guys who spoke english knew I was joking but the dominicans actually thought that I thought they were Mark McGwire :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I have a jersey signed by Jamal Williams from the Rally at house of Blues a few years ago. That's about it.

11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That's some good **** right there!! :tup: :icon_toast:

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Yeah dood, that is BAD ***!

:abq2:

14. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    All i have is a 1983 fleer T gwynn rookie card....

15. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Nice LV!!!!

16. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Oh those wacky Dominicans. :icon_tease:

But that's real sick with the Vladamir stuff. That fool is a baller, even back in the Expo days. But talk about not speaking english.

Speaking of real cool guys, One guy who made a real good impression to me was Steve Foley. At a Fanfest a few years back, he would out of his way to get t-shirts and his gloves to young kids. Most of the players were gone in the tunnel already. And homie was all smiles, he looked like he was genuinely having fun. Too bad he's not a fun drunk, or he'd still have a career.:unsure:

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Man, that is the **** right there!! :tup:

If you happen to be looking for a left nut ....... :lol: :lol:

18. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Here's my favorite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :bow::bow::bow:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    My wife got an offical ball straight off the practice field from Drayton Florence (im surprised he didn't headbutt he when he gave it to her). He picked off a PR pass, ran it back to the endzone, where we were standing along the fenceline of the practice field @ Chargers Park, and handed it to her. Coolness. She took it to a few other practices and got it signed by a few guys, Rivers, Jammer, Castillo, Goff, Osgood, and Floyd.

b4 sigs:

[​IMG]

I also have a few mini helmets, one signed by Drew Brees and one by Kellen Winslow.

And on a non Chargers note, I got a pick from the band last night at the Megadeth concert. :lol:

21. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Wow! Were not worthy, were not worthy. :bow:

22. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    That is some sweet **** LV:flag:

all i've got is a printers plate from the SDUT Super Bolts front page.:abq1:

23. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    It's me that's not. I've got the best wife in the world.:yes:

24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    right on! I still have a box full of backstage passes from my stagehand days,

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I have a Joe Walsh pick. :unsure:

26. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Dayum, you guys have got some great stuff!!!!!

My 'terrible towel' from the '94 season and a Junior Seau jersey are all the Chargers memorabilia I own now. Somewhere, my mother had Lance Alworth's autograph on the game program way back in the day, but it disappeared when she died.....I figure my jerk-wad rich uncle snagged it before my sister and I got there. This was the same uncle who was so afraid we'd get our paws on his precious money that he wrote a will on a piece of scratch paper three days after her death, giving all of his assets to his best friend. I still suspect they were a$$h*le buddies. He died four months to the day after she did, and we never saw a dime---not even the money we had coming to us after the sale of my mother's mobile home.

Damn, that was almost 20 years ago, and it STILL hurts. But I'm hijacking the thread, so I'll shut up and let y'all get back to the original topic. Carry on!

• Like Like x 1