1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

GOT to beat the Lambs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Oct 10, 2010.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    After the Lambs losing big to Detroit today (yes, Detroit) 44-6 we HAVE to win that game next week in St. Louis!!! They lost all their starting WR's and Steven Jackson has been hobbling. We lose that game and I'm just about throwing in the towel. GET SPECIAL TEAMS FIXED NOW!!!! This game shouldnt even be CLOSE!!!! DO NOT let a rookie QB beat us PLEASE!!! :mad:

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to them but I wouldn't be any less disappointed. I believe we should win this game "easy,no problem" but then I didn't see us losing the KC or Seattle or Oakland. So I hope we come out hard early because if we let them in the game. We could be in for a long day.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    If nothing else, we have to beat them because I'll be there.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    After today's loss, I absolutely do not trust this team. We thought the special teams got fixed, then we see NOPE it's still fubared.

I fear for the sanity of Chargers fans if we lose to the Rams, but as of now, with this team, it is totally within the realm of possibility.

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The Chargers will loose against the Rams and every Road Game unless the Bolts Fire Steve Crosby and Fire Norv to go along with him.

We might as well always from here on out think the Chargers will not ever win another road game. We just suck that badly.

The bolts might even lose some home games as well. New England will be a loss, Titans will be a loss, Broncos will be a loss but close one, Raiders again will beat us, KC will kill us and finally we will a lose by 1 point to San Francisco.

This season is done, time to look forward to a High Draft Pick, hopefully we can get a top 5 Draft Pick as well and hopefully there will be another season to loose next year.

I have lost any confidence about this season with this loss to the Raiders. We just suck that bad. Rebuild mode has begun.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    If the Chargers fire Norv right now they may as well post a PSA telling the fans that they do not intend to compete for the playoffs this year.

While they're at it they should replace any Chargers flags at the Q with white flags indicating that they've given up on the season.

Firing Norv right now would be the dumbest move in the history of sports.

Talk to me about that question after the season.

7. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Nothing wrong with firing the special teams coach though?

8. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Nope.

But Leo is right we cannot fire Norv now, we are stuck with him until the end of the season. Unless we win it all, he should be kicked the **** out of town.

:mad3:

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    My White Flag is Way up. I just think the Season is lost with nothing else to do but loose.

!!!!! FIRE STEVE CROSBY NOW!!!!!

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    I sure hope the team doesn't think the way you do.

The players and the team need to not give up until they're mathematically eliminated.

I wouldn't care if they were 0-7 right now and the other three teams in the division were 7-0, 6-1, and 5-2.

11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am sorry but I have lost all my confidence.

For Us to win against the Rams is the Chargers to play Flawlessly. I do not see it happening especially with the Special Teams. The Chargers are a 0-3 Road Team and to win on the road is almost too must of a Mountain to climb.

Just my opinion again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378

2007= 2-3 11-5(AFC championship)
    2008= 2-3 8-8(beat colts and lost to pitt)
    2009= 2-3 13-3(One and Done to Jets)
    2010= 2-3 but your giving up?

BELIEVE MAN BELIEVE

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Yah dude, there is no point in throwing in the towel now, like it or not we're on the roller coaster, might as well try to enjoy the ride because you're stuck on it.

14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am sorry.

I know this is nit picking but here it goes why I lost all Confidence.
    The Special Teams Sucks A$$.
    The losses of Dobbins Osgood to include the Drama of Marcus McNeill and VJ will haunt us.
    Sproles is an Over Priced do nothing.
    Loosing to the Raiders. :(
    And finally all these Slow Starts are in my opinion starting to take its toll on the team. I do not see the electricity like we have had in seasons past.

That is why I have lost my confidence.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    The team was in worse shape after 5 games last year with the same record.

I don't mean to sugarcoat the horrible situation, but to pretend all hope is lost when we're in the same exact position we were in at this time last year when the team finished 13-3, to insinuate that they have to play flawlessly to beat the team that just got beat down by the Lions (without Stafford, no less), is taking it a bit to the extreme.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised this is coming from you of all people.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    You're really going to cite VJ and McNeil?

Despite everything else the passing game hasn't lost a beat.

17. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I understand that we are in the same exact position as last year but with me last year I saw the electricity that I do not this year on urgency to win. I think even with the injuries we have this year are less than Last year. I can even say that Gregory is hurting us by being a Huge Bone Head and taking something he should not have to include not playing for 4 games because of it, that is a distraction we definitely do not need. A similar situation with the VJ and McNeill thing which is also a distraction. I am happy that McNeill has signed his tender and hopefully there will be a less of a distraction there.

Now for me on second thought about flawless I will say more on the Special Teams than for the rest of the team. They can have very minor mistakes on the Offense and Defense and hopefully none of those will loose us the game. I have zero confidence on the Special Teams being able to do the work to help win the Game against the Rams, they will be what I think will help in a loss unfortunately.

Yes because of the Distraction factor and that the Offense had to in my opinion adjust in a major way to help in the shortcomings that VJ and McNeill would have brought. The offense had to change way too much to be a Huge success. In my opinion if we would have had at least McNeill signed that the Chargers would be a 3-0 Road Team. I agree that the offense is doing good but not great to win games so the loss of both McNeill and VJ has hurt us in my opinion.

Now the Rams will be the huge challenge to see if the Chargers can win on the road. I hope we can do it but I am having a hard time seeing it.

18. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I wouldn't be giving up just yet TT. There are a no. of players who are clearly not performing. That includes most on STs but especially the likes of Spillman. What is with him arriving at 100 miles an hour and whiffing on the ball carrier?, this guy is supposed to be a head hunter. Oliver is not a SS by any means, amazing how much Gregory might be missed. The OLBs (what's left of them), Phillips apart, are not doing it right now, why not give Lang a shot at rushing the passer?. The Dombo thrill ride is coming to an end this sunday. Hopefully big Mc can lock down the left side. We're going to see more of Mathews of course. Let's see a speedster back returning kicks, the Sproles pinball impression is getting tiresome. Norv's playcalling goes from the sublime to the ridiculous, drop the Sproles draw crap and let's see more slants/quick passes to the slot receivers. Oh and perhaps we should look at canning Crosby provided there is a ready made replacement waiting in the wings.

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Good post Dublin. I'm telling you, put the speedster Goodman in place of Sproles and watch him fly. Dude reminded of me of Devin Hester at his best. I know it was preseason but you figure he can't do any worse than Sproles at this point. I'm willing to try anything!

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Maybe we're watching different games because I see an offense that continues to shred defenses and a defense that (save the Raiders game) has been playing well.

Unfortunately, I also see a special teams unit that insists on giving games away, so hopefully that changes.

They made some huge mistakes against Jacksonville and shredded them.

They made some huge mistakes against Oakland and would have won if not for the bigger mistakes by the Special-Ed Teams

This offense has plenty of room for error so long as the Special-Ed Teams don't continue to play like a bunch of clowns.

What difference does it make what they had to do? It appears to be working and VJ's agent is crying in his beer right now.

So, would VJ and McNeil been playing special teams? Because that's the only way their presence would have made us a 3-0 road team.

They just got beat down by the LIONS.

21. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'm thinking about picking up the Rams defense/special teams in my fantasy league this week.

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Week Five Power Rankings
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 12, 2010 10:50 AM ET
    Every Monday night, I compile the PFT Power Rankings, a more-cumbersome-than-it-seems process. (Please, pity me.) Last night, I commenced the process while sitting between Damon Hack of SI and Alex Marvez of FOX in the press box at the New Meadowland Stadium. (One is a perfect gentleman. The other is a long-haired troublemaker who was watching pro wrestling via his Slingbox device.)

Coupled with the third quarter spent in the booth with Paul Allen and Pete Bercich of the Vikings Radio Network, where I was able to witness P.A.'s Christmas-morning glee upon witnessing the first touchdown of the second Randy Moss stint, I only partially completed the Power Rankings last night.

So here they are, better never than late. Or something.

1. New York Jets (No. 1 last week; 4-1): When a clumsily-built lead begins to collapse, plenty of teams fold. The Jets didn't.

2. Baltimore Ravens (No. 2; 4-1): The offense finally is waking up, which could result in the Ravens putting a sleeper hold on the rest of the AFC.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers (No. 3; 3-1): The entire Steelers defense will be disciplined under the Personal Conduct Policy after they get finished with Browns quarterback Colt McCoy.

4. Atlanta Falcons (No. 4; 4-1): At a time when the NFC has no clearly dominant team, the Falcons are the closest approximation.

5. New England Patriots (No. 8; 3-1): So they traded away supposed model citizen and stellar performer Randy Moss and they traded for a washed-up guy who pissed and moaned his way out of town? Sounds about right.

6. Indianapolis Colts (No. 9; 3-2): They still look a lot different from the Colts of 2009, but so do most teams.

7. New Orleans Saints (No. 5; 3-2): Drew Brees said last week that the Saints could be undefeated. He failed to point out that they also could be 0-5.

8. Chicago Bears (No. 12; 4-1): Reality eventually will catch up with this team. But there's a good chance it won't happen until the middle of January.

9. Tennessee Titans (No. 11; 3-2): If the team that beat the Cowboys shows up more than once per month, the Titans will win the division.

10. Green Bay Packers (No. 6; 3-2): If the Packers had traded for Marshawn Lynch, he'd probably be injured, too.

11. Houston Texans (No. 7; 3-2): Take away that emotional Week One win over the Colts, and this team is as mediocre as it ever has been.

12. Kansas City Chiefs (No. 10; 3-1): Dwayne Bowe can't figure out why no one will let him hold their baby.

13. New York Giants (No. 16; 3-2): Some teams get better as the season progresses. Some teams get a lot better as the season progress.

14. Washington Redskins (No. 19; 3-2): See Giants.

15. Philadelphia Eagles (No. 20; 3-2): If Kevin Kolb leads the Eagles to victory on Sunday against the Falcons, coach Andy Reid may have to once again declare that Mike Vick is still the starter. And we'll all believe him.

16. Miami Dolphins (No. 15; 2-2): The best part about a bye week? They were guaranteed not to lose another home game to an AFC East rival.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 22; 3-2): Nothing lights a fire under a crappy quarterback better than having a not-quite-as-crappy quarterback looking over his shoulder.

18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (No. 24; 3-1): Beat the Saints, and we'll move this team into the top 10.

19. Minnesota Vikings (No. 13; 1-3): Would this team be 1-3 if Tarvaris Jackson had been the starter since Week One?

20. Dallas Cowboys (No. 14; 1-3): Cue the "Jerry Jones has never fired a coach during the season" crowd, who seem to think that means he never under any circumstances would fire a coach during the season. (Under that logic, Jones also will live forever.)

21. Arizona Cardinals (No. 27; 3-2): Sorry, but stealing one from the Saints doesn't excuse two of the ugliest performances we've ever seen.

22. Denver Broncos (No. 23; 2-3): The Broncos are the ultimate up-and-down team, which means that they're very much alive in the AFC West.

23. St. Louis Rams (No. 17; 2-3): Before any Rams fans complain about the drop to No. 22, be glad it wasn't farther after that 44-6 loss to the Lions.

24. Seattle Seahawks (No. 25; 2-2): Marshawn Lynch celebrated his arrival in Seattle by taking the owner's plane for a joyride.

25. San Diego Chargers (No. 18; 2-3): After Sunday's performance against the Raiders, San Diego fired Miami's special-teams coordinator.

26. Cincinnati Bengals (No. 21; 2-3): Why do we have a feeling that Jordan Palmer won't be the replacement for his brother Carson at quarterback in 2011?

27. Oakland Raiders (No. 28; 2-3): If the Raiders aren't careful, their blackout streak could be in jeopardy.

28. Detroit Lions (No. 30; 1-4): The Lions can spend the week enjoying a rare one-game winning streak.

29. Cleveland Browns (No. 26; 1-4): Why not just line up Josh Cribbs under center on every snap? (It wouldn't be a bad idea even after Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme are healthy again.)

30. San Francisco 49ers (No. 29; 0-5): If Jed York is going to make reckless predictions, why not guarantee a Super Bowl win, too?

31. Carolina Panthers (No. 31; 0-5): When the guy who'll be the starting quarterback for the first game after the bye learns of his assignment, he'll likely say, "Do I have to?"

32. Buffalo Bills (No. 32; 0-5): So will the Bills pick another Stanford quarterback with the first pick in the draft?

23. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    At least now there will be no more high expectations! This team is going on a winning streak. You'll see....

:chiefssuck::broncossuck::raiderssuck:

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    It's one thing to be beaten by a team that's having a better day
    It's one thing to be beaten by a team when every possible bounce goes the other team's direction
    It's another thing to be beaten by a team that's much more physical

It's insanity to lose three times repeating the same mistakes three separate times

That's what concerns me, if you haven't fixed this freakin thing by NOW, after you lost to three inferior teams on the road in the exact same manner, what is it going to take to get this **** corrected?

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    I'm not going to make grandiose predictions, but the season has looked bleak and unfixable after the first 5 games every year since Norv has taken over, yet every year since Norv has taken over the Chargers ended the season as division champs.

(Playoff success is a different discussion)

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Lets say we beat the Rams by the hairs on our chinny chin chin.........or barely.......

Houston ..... maybe fans will realize what I have been saying all along is da truth.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    We'd get just as many Ws as we would in a blowout.

28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No kidding however; it should make you shiver if we barely win instead of wrapping yourself in a cozy "W's"

29. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    I say a Blowout is not as good as a Close win(look at 2007 Patriots) Close wins mean you play good 4th quarter football. We all know that if you play good 4th quarter football you have a better chance to win the game. Is that not what its all about? Playing hard for 4 quarters its been taught since pee-wee football.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    A W is a W.

If the play in past games dictated the outcome of future games they wouldn't blow the whistle when the games started.