1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

'Grab Arse' posts from the minicamp threads

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Prito James, May 5, 2007.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Erik Robertson

Our line is not mediocre. It's one of the top 5 in the league. I know our left side is vastly superior to the right side, but Goff is alot better than you give him credit for.

From the Sporting News:
    "Goff is a physical run blocker with tremendous upper-body strength. He explodes off the ball and can pull and attack defenders."

"The power play. This is the Chargers' signature run, and they have used it on 14 of Tomlinson's rushing touchdowns. The power play is marked by a pulling guard. That player has been right guard Mike Goff on 12 of Tomlinson's scores"

From Football Outsiders 2005 All-Pro Team:
    Guard — Mike Goff, San Diego and Steve Hutchinson, Seattle
    Hutchinson is one of those linemen that every high school coach ought to show his players. Perfect technique, doesn’t take plays off, gets out of his stance in a hurry, etc. Goff and Kris Dielman quietly developed into the best pair of guards in the league this year. The best thing about Goff is the way he clears space in short-yardage situations. If the Chargers need a yard, they know they can get it running right behind Goff.

From Dr. Z's 2005 All Pro Team article:
    Guard--Mike Goff -- Goff was an accomplished drive blocker for LaDainian Tomlinson, either pulling or going straight ahead. Until this year I had never really taken him seriously. He topped the scorers...

I don't agree that Goff is an all-pro, but there's no way he sucks as bad as you think and garners this kind or praise from multiple sources.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Erik Robertson

Aw, WTF do they know?? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

:icon_rofl:

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Conc's impression of Mini Camp 5/5/07

Keep your fantasies to yourself.:lol:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Erik Robertson

Those same savants loved Damion McIntosh and Courtney Van Buren and Jason Ball etc etc. :tdown:

Am I suppose to bow down to their insight because you quoted all these so called experts? :lol:

You want to argue the degree Goff sucks by sugar coating "well he is not an all-pro but he is not as bad as you make him out to be."

Oh yeah he is and Olivea suckass right behind him. The dude is slower than **** at guard and that is way way obvious. Nobody you quoted even mentions Goffs presence at the second level. I guess you can post till the cows come home the degree Goff does not suck below the all-pro level. :icon_shrug:

5. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464

I got it !! Why don't you all set leisure up with a nice lady ?

I bet he shows then. :yes: :bolt:

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173

But I dont dislike any of our female posters... :icon_huh:

If the brother wants to come out and enjoy he is welcome. If not ohh well...

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Erik Robertson

Respectfully disagree of horned one...

A running back does not break records as LT did with a bad or 'suckass' Oline. Bottom line it right there.

You dont like Brees cause of his 'limp arm' and other BS, but the man produces. Same with Olivea, and Goff. you just want Bling Bling, picture in the paper type shite from everyone but Hart.

Bottom line are results, and this line has earned my respect through results. They should have your respect for the same. Shame on you Mrs. Doubitng Debby!!!:icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  8. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288

Yeah L stop being such a puss. there are a ton of people who would go if they lived closer. So get your old azz out there and represent :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Erik Robertson

You show me the article where McIntosh, Van Buren or Ball were ever discussed as all-pros.

What do you mean nobody mentions Goff's presence at the second level? Who do you think he's blocking when he pulls through the hole on the power 60? Defensive tackles?

I'm not talking about degrees of suckage. I never said "Goff sucks but not as bad as you think." There's a difference between anointing Goff all pro and saying he sucks. Of the 64 starting guards in the league, i would put Goff in the upper third.

Your standards are ridiculously high for O-linemen. If every player on the line isn't an all-pro, you say he sucks. You need to adjust your expectations to this thing we call reality.

• Like Like x 1
  10. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357

Dammit Conc, it's not "L's." It's "l's."

Seriously, how big of an egomaniac do you have to be before you start even noticing if people are capitalizing your message board handle? But LEIsuRE does not stop there. He actually has the balls to correct people, like he's really that important. :icon_tease:

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357

Don't you get leisure's deep dark secret? The truth is leisure is a nice lady, a nice, obese 75 year old agoraphobic lady who sits inside smoking parliaments in her muumuu all day.

Yep, that would pretty much destroy the "legend of leisureworld."

Best for Grandma LeISure to stay home. :lol:

12. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Erik Robertson

I called out Dr. Z for saying Mike Goff should be an all-pro when that article was posted. Who gives a damn about what those people say they don't know ****. I would criticize you here like you always criticize leisure and I but frankly I just don't give a sh1t.

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382

Wow leisure that belly button looks 1.5 inches deep... should be more than enough for you to have dirty thoughts about it.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Erik Robertson

When was the last time you said "damn Goff just creamed the **** out that dude?" Not often enough and if we did not have LT to hit the crease most backs are folding. This is often overlooked. Way too often. Like now.

Adjusting my expectations is not what is needed. We need a better right tackle and right guard and certainly depth to push the starters. We do not even have depth pushing the starters on the O-line and that is overlooked. **** that sucks. It is not much different than losing Jamal at Nose Tackle. We should not be a house a cards which will fold because we do not have the depth. I do not need all-pros either. I need ballers. Donnie Edwards was not a baller but he has skills. Goff is a baller with marginal skills. He is just a dude. We need a little more than just a dude. Roman Oben is a baller with skills and should be at right tackle until he effing DIES. He is a bit more than just a dude. He freking brings it at his position. He locks it down. That is what I want. Oben is no Jon Runyun but he gets it done and then some.

I am closing in on over $100k spent in season tickets and **** over my lifetime waiting and you want me to lower my expectations ? You have to be kidding ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Erik Robertson

Mike Goof is a good drive blocker but he has whiffed on his assignment many times in pass protection and commits too many penalties and whiffs in downfield blocks. Joe Staley committed one penalty as a senior. What a dream o-line: McNeill Dielman Hardwick Olivea Staley :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

16. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Erik Robertson

Having what is widely recognized as the best O-line in the league is not what's keeping us from the Lombardi. I'm not saying you should lower your expectations for the team, just recognize that there are salary cap realities teams must work with. We aren't going to have a pro bowl caliber player at every position on the line.

If Goff and Olivea suck ***,as you say, and we still have the best O Line in the league, then I can live with that.

17. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579

18. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464

I think she had it pierced but for some reason left the stud out.

19. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Erik Robertson

leisure,

Your opinion of a wide receiver should not be based on the darkness of his skin but on the content of his character. And his 40 time, that's important too.

20. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Erik Robertson

I'm the idiot? You're the one who's always screaming for "mandingos". Lighten up.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173

:icon_eek: that is an image I wont be able to get outa my head! :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  22. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186

thats not a piercing, its a carabeaner hole used by the spelunker's when descending into one of the deepest natural caves in the world....

23. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

I predict that one day Leisure and BB will be best buddies. :abq1:

• Like Like x 1