1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Individual Effort #23

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Oct 15, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    With 20 seconds left in the half, Curry catches a pass and gets the crap knocked out of him by Jammer and stops what appeared to all in the stadium to be a game tying TD. Great pop to stop a TD...Oh, how the game changes...

Next play...A sack which forces Oaktown to call it's final time out. The following play is another pocket collapsing hit and Culpepper lost the ball on a great right arm move to the ball by Shawn Phillips...We get the damn ball...

That was a great effort by Jammer and could very well be the play of the game!

PS, Culpepper looked like James Harris out there...He sure couldn't get a grip on the ball yesterday.

TBF

2. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Daunte Culpepper has hands the size of a 10-year-old girl. I'm surprised he doesn't fumble more often.

PS. That was hideous play-calling by Lane Kiffin, especially when you've got a bulldozer like Lamont Jordan in your backfield.

3. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I don't think it was as hideous as it was Kiffin's lack of confidence to run the ball effectively against our defense. At that point of the game, the Raiders only had 20+ yards on the ground and with no time outs, Kiffin was hoping for at worse an incomplete pass into the endzone to set up a FG. A failed run would have run the clock out. Give props to the defense and especially to Jammer for putting us in that position and Phillips for knocking the ball out.

As it relates to Jammer, he's was the only CB with a consistent game in my opinion. True DFlo got an interception but he got burned on the aformentioned deep throw to Curry. As for Cro, he had a good pick but on 4th & long in the 4th quarter, Cro allowed Curry to get open near the 15 yard line to extend the drive and allowed Oakland to pull within 7 points.

Under Wade or Cottrell, prevent defense is bad news!!!

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    That stop by Jammer was monumental.

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Concur.

From Jammer's play to the fumble, that was a HUGE set of plays.

I said this in another thread. That was a kick in the nuts to the Raiders.

They go in at the half tied, totally diff momentum starting the 2nd half.

6. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    totally agree!:yes:

7. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Jammer deserves the love

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Lord knows I've beaten him down enough.

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Jordan had back trouble all week. I suspect he was not at full speed-and that's when the risk of fumbling follows a hockey stick curve on the graph.