1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Great News: Dan Patrick, Keith Olbermann reunite on NBC

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Jul 7, 2008.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    This thread need more Collinsworth....

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    God.......

Just another arrogant prick to be added to a show full of them. Costas, Olberman, Barber, Collinsworth, and now Patrick................

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    So... you didn't read the article?

Also, Dan is far from arrogant. He's entertaining. Listen to his radio show some time and if you're not a fan within a week... I'll give you a full refund.:lol:

Or do you just think that anyone who talks sports on TV or Radio is arrogant?

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Olbermann has turned into (or was one back then but kept it hidden) an absolute ******* since he left ESPN so it has to be determined if the chemistry is still there.

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Olberman and Patrick are by far the best minds to grace espn's stages, I didn't even mind watching Kieth speak on politics, awesome duo, very good for snf.

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Wait and see approach. They owned the sports show world of the 90s. Would be nice to see Dan & Keith II, but I don't know if the format allows for it.

All those other guys as well. Who's out??

Tiki is useless. Aside from the Pats losing the game, Tiki having to watch the Giants win the SB after talking so much **** was priceless. :icon_rofl:

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Hey, just because you might not like Olbermann's politics doesn't mean he's changed. I think he's pretty much the same as he always was. Frankly, I could give a **** about the politics of the guy whose doing the football highlights. I just want him to be entertaining. On his radio show, Patrick comes off as a bit of an arrogant douche, but he's good at doing highlights. So this should be cool. It can't be any worse than listening to Collinsworth and Tiki bicker.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    That's why I said "it still has to be determined" which means I'm willing to give him a shot (reluctantly)

12. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Patrick has a sweet cameo in "Chuck and Larry."

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    WOW. I'm actually a little shocked that he's perceived as arrogant or as a douche. He has so many great relationships with Athletes. He's the Anti-Jim Rome. I just figured Dan was beloved by all. Thanks for piissin' in my Cheerios :crying:

14. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    As long as Olbermann sticks to sports and keeps his political biases out of things, it should be pretty cool.

If not, I wouldn't be able to stomach it.

15. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96

I could not agree with you more. I am not a fan of Olberman but I will give him a chance.

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Anything is better than kornheiser (sp?) The tool spent most of the x-mas eve trouncing of the Chargers trying to explain why they couldnt win any games in the playoffs.

Like Jane, he is an ignorant sl*t....:yes:

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    They almost have to be better than some of BS out there right now. And I don't believe that Olbermann will inject his political opinions onto the football set. He'll separate the two.

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Gianluca Pagliuca!!!:flag:

19. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    nice! and ur right Costas is a ahole

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yeah, Dan's name-dropping is one of the things that makes me think he's an arrogant douche. As for Jim Rome, I love the guy. Chris, errr, Jim Everett aside, Rome seems to get along well with many athletes. I find him infinitely more entertaining on the radio than Patrick. But I know Rome's style is not for everybody.

21. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

He just seems to be a little too high and mighty for my tastes. I have no idea what he's like in real life, but I have to say that I can't stand listening to him on the radio.

22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I like Rome, too. I stopped listening to him after his show was dropped from the radio in our area (Chico,Redding). You have to pay to listen to his podcasts and I don't feel like having another charge on the card. Plus I have Sirius so I listen to Howard during my days. I download D.Patrick for free and listen on my ipod.

Rome is entertaining for sure. But I definitely don't feel like I'm missing anything by not listening to him. Most of Dan's name dropping is tongue-in-cheek humor and it took me a while to get it. But once I heard him interview charles barkley I was hooked. Now I can't live without the show.

23. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    The problem is that Olberman can't disconnect from his recent political bias (his oft war with Bill O'Reilly as example) .. if he could just do sports, then I'm fine .. I always loved him gargling "Nothing but the bottom of the net ..." .. but even last year, he had to add his social commentary.

Jim Rome .. a different animal. I lost a lot of respect for the guy a few years ago. At the time, he had been syndicated for about a year and he just started laying in to the whole San Diego market (he was reminiscing .. 'el cajon' this .. 'chula' that). It just pissed me off .. the guy has great analysis but he rubbed me the wrong way at the time, it is a point of reference for me now.

24. FilthyScrum

FilthyScrum BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Rome is on KHTK 1140 AM from 9:00 to 12:00. If you are in chico you should be able to pick it up.

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You know... I forgot about that. That's out of Sac. right? I used to get it, but then it just came in real fuzzy and sometimes not at all. (Don & Mike are on after him, I think... right?) Either way, I'm over it. Moved on to Sirius and never looked back. Not enough time in the day to listen to all of 'em.

Being able to download for free was the deal breaker when considering Rome v. Patrick.

26. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I used to enjoy Rome's show but it just started getting tired. After all, how many times do we have to hear the "softball guy" take, or Jim rip soccer? We get it, move on.

The final straw for me was when he started sucking off NASCAR after talking **** (rightfully so) about it for so many years.

I'm a Sirius guy too, my radio is usually tuned to NFL Radio.

27. Chico Andy

Chico Andy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I am shocked to hear how you and Nickelbolt feel about Costas. In an industry filled with many broadcasters that are difficult to listen to (Dierdorf, Kornheiser, Theisman to name a few), I always thought of Costas as one of the "Good Ones!" (Only behind Berman- my All-time favorite, Stuart Scott and maybe Al Michaels).
    Maybe I just have never heard of anything arrogant he has done (and I'm not sure I want to know). I think he is very knowledgeable about a wide variety of sports and has a good, witty vocabulary.

• Like Like x 1
  28. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Costas is a smug self-lothing jerk.

What I really want to know is, how are the fires up there? I heard about the Paradise Hospital. I hope all is well.

29. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    And you can't shut the guy up.

30. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Costas - I get that same feeling about the guy too. He's just so uptight and unfun. But Dan Patrick loves him, so whatever works. I agree with Chico Andy that Costas' knowledge is very solid. Just don't really care for him, that's all.

The fires are nasty up here. The hospital has been evacuated I believe. Everything on that East side of Paradise is under at least a precautionary evacuation. The ash is still dropping down here in Chico. My truck was covered in it yesterday. I've never seen it this bad. Nasty shiit, man.

• Like Like x 1