1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Simmons Article--Chargers Ranked #1

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Sep 29, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
  2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    I did a double take for a sec and thought I read Simers. Almost blew my coffee all over my monitor. Simers would have to be on some really good drugs to write anything positive about the bolts.

Great read. :tup: Thanks!

3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    My favorite Quotes:

28. San Fran, 1-2
    One of the weirdest running subplots of the season: I'd take two backup RBs who barely play (San Diego's Michael Turner and San Fran's Michael Robinson) over two-thirds of the starting backs in the league right now. You figure it out.

By the way, Edge James has the same look on his face that David Caruso had in "Jade." What did I do? Is it too late to go back?

14. Carolina, 1-2
    It's tough to get excited about a team that nearly blew a 17-point lead to a QB with a ruptured spleen.

(By the way, it's truly alarming when Terry Glenn is considered the sane receiver on a football team.)

Anyway, if the Patriots don't have what it takes this winter for a fourth Super Bowl appearance, I'm pulling hard for Cincy to make it to Miami. And why? Because the Bengals would be out in Miami for two weeks!!!! Hide the women, hide the children, hide the Maxim models ... here come the Bengals! That would be the single greatest week in ESPN history. ESPN should station Ed Werder and Shelley Smith 24/7 outside the Miami Dade County courthouse right now just to be safe. Seriously, what would feature more arrests, Super Bowl week with the Bengals or Season 1 of "Miami Vice?" I'm 18 levels beyond giddy about this.

I'd say it's more probable that Rivers becomes a good QB right away over Indy suddenly figuring out how to stop the run, or the Bengals not getting killed by off-the-field stuff, or the Eagles making it to Miami without anyone who can run for a first down when they need one.

Classic lines!

4. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    I don't think this guy likes McSteve...

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    And this one.

6. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    This is obviously a knowledgeable nd intelligent sports writer :icon_toast:

7. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    That was a great read..... a nice change to see an ESPN writer than does not have his head up his ***. I think are rating is favorable for 2-0 against creampuffs.... but after this sunday, the rank will not be in doubt. Bolts by 10+

8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    read that on lunch today. Made my afternoon

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw

Chargers | Gregory signed to active roster
    Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:05:22 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have signed CB/S Steve Gregory to their active roster. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Chargers | Curry released
    Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:03:26 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have released CB Markus Curry.

10. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66

:bolt:
    :bolt: