1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Trade Idea.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Apr 20, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    OK, how about this. We DO NOT WANNA PAY SPROLES 7+ million dollars next year. So why not trade sproles plus our 28 pick to draft CJ spiller? We can still get a NT or whatever in RD 2 and still get either ben tate or legarrette blount to go with CJ spiller. Our offense might be unstopable with Spiller, Tate, Jackson, Gates and Rivers!:icon_toast:

2. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Great idea! And if they don't like the offer of just Sproles and 28, throw in a 3rd or two from next year. Yet if that doesn't happen, Ryan Mathews should suffice

3. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    yeh we could also use this to get Dan WIlliams if we were gonna spend that much bc this is such a deep draft class. Actually I bet AJ uses some of our draft capital to replace Jamal WIlliams With Dan Williams!

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

I'd love to do something like this. But it means someone has to want Sproles, and be willing to extend him with the long term contract he wants. And I think that narrows down the chances dramatically.

I hope AJ has some tricks up his sleeve this year. We have all those picks in 2011, and Sproles as bait....I hope he doesn't rest on his laurels and settle for a few minor upgrades at DE and CB, and a modest RB pick in the late 3rd. We're in a position to make another Super Bowl run if we can fix the rushing O and rushing D.....get it done AJ!:abq2:

5. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    yeh if he doesn't get someone like williams he better get someone like this.

[​IMG]

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    are you saying you want Terrence Cody?

7. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    hell no! I want that boulder!

8. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    :icon_rofl:

Pair that boulder up with Tebow at LT and youve got one hell of a line :lol:

9. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    or draft tebow 28 and then trade him

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I agree. What about the possibility of trading our 2010 and 2011 second round picks (Or Sproles in place of one of them) to for a mid 1st to get Williams? Then we still have #28, plus we could still trade Sproles for a 2nd (Unless he is traded as part of the move up)

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    According to this mock, The dolphins are looking to trade back to re-coupe a 2nd round pick. It also says they are in need of a pass rusher. Why not our 2nd and Phillips for their 1st? Then we would have 2 1st round picks, and they would get a later 1st and get their pass rusher?

12. chargeaway

chargeaway BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Bad. I love Sproles and he is a key piece in the Chargers offense. Trading him is a bad idea and we need to sign him to a long term deal. CJ Spiller is a waste and I would rather a Toby Gerhart and Darren Sproles offense than anyone else in the backfield.

13. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    Better Trade IDea
    The one thing thatd id love to do is take sproles plus our 3rd and one of our 5th round picks and trade it to someone like new england for their 44th and 53rd pick. That way we would have 3 second round picks.
    Then Trade Shaun phillips With our other 5th round pick for the miami dolphins 2nd and 3rd.
    Then i say Trade Malcom Floyd to the bucs for a 3rd and a 5th

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    It is easy to say we need to sign him, and I'm sure every fan and the Chargers management would love to keep him. But he has been asking for ridiculous money, and there is no way the Chargers should pay him starting RB money.

If he was willing to sign at a reasonable rate, then he would already be signed. Since his agent has publicly said they want Micheal Turner type money, there is no reason us fans should expect the Chargers to over pay him that much

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think Sproles or Phillips have enough value to get that. Sproles could probably get us a 2nd, but or 3rd and a 5th isn't enough to get us a second 2nd round pick.

I also think it is wishful thinking to get a 2nd and 3rd for Phillips and a 5th.

When guys like santonio Holms are only getting Pitt a 5th, yes I know about the suspension, but him for 12 games is better than Floyd for 16, i don't see any way Floyd gets us a 3rd and 5th

I really think you have unrealistic values set on our players.

16. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    I'm not in favor of moving either of our picks 28 or 40 to move up in the draft.

Now, if we want to package our 3rd, and 1 3rd next year to get back into the 2nd, I'd be happy with that. Or a combo of picks this year and next to get into the 3rd or 4th, I could live with that too.

But leave 28 and 40 where they are!

17. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    idk i think phillips is a great player. if not trade merriman for that.and sproles idk im iffy on him but i think someone might bite that deal. id be fine if al davis did it lol

18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I would love to get the dolphins #12 for our #40, Phillips, and a 2011 mid rounder.

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think Merriman or Phillips have that kind of value. But I could be wrong

20. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    idk i could be wrong as well. but im sure they could snag us atleast two picks

21. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Maybe a 3rd and 5th. But any 2nd would probably be a 2nd all by itself.

22. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    OMG! Trade with another team to pick earlier in the 1st to draft Dan Williams and then nab Ryan Mathews with OUR pick at 28.
    THAT WOULD BE FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!! :icon_toast:

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    spiller is not an every down power back. He's more just a sproles look alike.

Give me matthews or gerhart or tate. And the LSU rb in the 3rd or 4th round.

24. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I could agree somewhat with that. Though I'm not all that high on dan williams. But there may be one or two other good possibilitys.

I kind of think that if they trade sproles it will be for a 2nd this year and something next year. Probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2011.

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    What's going on foobs? I still rank your AJ "Yoda" Avatar as one of my favorites!

26. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I highly doubt Sproles has that kind of value, but I would love it if it happened

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That's some stash you've gotten your hands on. We move up to get our pick of the litter, we will have to put up our #28 in a package with Sproles or other picks.

28. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

:icon_rofl:

29. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    THen we'd have lik 20 picks:abq1::abq1:

30. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!