1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest Win in I've ever Seen by a Chargers Team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Jan 13, 2008.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I know that sounds like hyperbole, but without Rivers, without LT and with a hobbled Gates, this is the most impressive victory I've ever seen from a Chargers team. That was the defending SB champs we just beat. And for all those Indy whiners that played the injury excuse card, it was poetic justice to see us win the game despite injuries to our best player, starting QB and our all-pro TE.

I'm already embracing more hate. Shannon just said the Chargers would lose by 41 next week. Boomer said that, with the Colts losing, he's absolutely certain that the Pats will be undefeated. Keep talking "experts." :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the media experts suuck diick.:yes:

3. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    dont forget that LoNeal was out on the sidelines also
    and Luis Castillo was hurt early in the game

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I would have to say the game that we beat the Steelers to go to the SB is a great one. Maybe when we beat Miami though.

5. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I may be stating the obvious, but it was by far the best game of the season. I finally loved the play calling. Opened up some creative quick routes, screens, great deep throws by Rivers, and more.

I am so freaking pumped.

The only thing that can stop us next week is injuries, and even that might not be too much to over come.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    I have seen a lot of Charger football and I have never been prouder than today with this effort.

Rivers and Jackson came of age today.

• Like Like x 1
  7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Team showed incredible character today. The refs were bought off by the the colts. The indy fans made it very difficult. Yet the chargers beat the colts.

Next week the chargers beat the cheating , holding pats and then go to the super bowl.

8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Let's not forget about him saying that the Bolts didn't deserve to win today because of the supposed play calling by Dungy.

What a PRICK!!!!

9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Gotta admit - without the Zebra crew the Chargers would have flat out embarrassed the Colts at their house today - as it is, WE'LL TAKE IT! Now our Chargers once again will get to fly east under the radar next weekend as major underdogs. The medical and training staffs will work overtime between now and Wednesday.

10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We beat two horses today:

The Colts

and The Zebras.

:yes:

11. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Turns out they were all mares. :D

12. MPchargerpower

MPchargerpower BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    As a 50+ yrs. of watching football fan; Congrats to our team on a great win and thanks to all of you Forum members for adding to this wonderful season. Now, let's go get them.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I was convinced these guys were a TEAM when I saw how they interacted on and off the field in Nashville. That game was just a preparation for things to come.

This was one of the best wins I've watched. Next week will be sweeter .....

14. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I have to keep saying this out loud. THE CHARGERS BEAT THE CHAMPS ON THEIR HOME FIELD! Certainly was a great gameā€¦a team win!:abq2::icon_toast:

15. Fighterdelafoo

Fighterdelafoo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    I was waiting to see what all the 'Experts' on the CBS pre-game who picked Indy to beat the Bolts 34-17 were going to say.... straight into the post-game "I would have gone for the field goal... the Colts D had a bad game plan... blah blah blah"

Then they went from that to saying the Pats will beat em by 40 next week?? Zero respect.... but we got none last week so maybe thats a good thing.

and if I have to hear Dierdork say how much he loves players on the opposing team one more time this year im going to loose it.

Fantastic game Bolts.. props to Volek and Turner.

GO CHARGERS!!!!

:abq2:

16. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Oh. Thought I would mention that the Bolts beat the Colts two times this year; we accounted for two of their four losses. That is domination.:lol:

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I knew after we won today that the media would be full of **** and instead of admitting they were wrong they make more excuses for the Colts. They can go **** themselves. All week they were saying we'd get blown out because this time the Colts were healthy, at home and there was no way Manning would throw 6 INTs, not only were we not blown out, we won the game and we did it without LT, Rivers, and Neal, and this game shouldn't have been as close as it was if it wasn't for some phantom calls by the officials.

Oh and you just know we won't get any credit for this win, instead all they'll talk about is how we'll have no shot against the Patriots and how we'll get blown out.

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I ain't seen the greatest Bolt's game yet. When Rivers holds the Lombardi above his head, that will be the greatest game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Right On Brother BDH!:abq1:

20. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Boomer gets a "get out of jail free card"

For calling out the refs.

The other announcers who predicted a blowout get **** from me since they were wrong now and they will be wrong next week. At least be a MAN and admit when the refs are giving the game away to the Colts and admit your wrong.

Hence mass respect for Boomer.

For the other naysayers they can go F themselves.

21. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    The Bolts also beat the Raiders, Broncos, Titans two times this year and we should of beat the Chiefs two times ...:bolt:

This team is lights out :abq2:

Get readly NE were coming :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Didnt he say we would lose this week?

I think he just hates us because he is a Donkey

23. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I can't get over what depth the Chargers have. The future really looks bright for a long time. I guess AJ knows what he's doing.

24. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Congratulations to the entire Charger nation on one of the gutsiest most courageous playoff wins I have ever seen.

You lost your two guns, several others are out or playing injured, playing in the Dome home of the defending SB champs, getting terrible calls from the officials, playing on the road, and you manage to kick some butt.

Your boys played a magnificent game. I tip my hat and offer my sword.

Job extremely well done.

It should be a heck of a shootout next week in Foxboro.

25. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Thanks for the props. I don't know how anyone who watched that game could not have tremendous respect for the Chargers and the way they played. But somehow, after the game, none of the CBS studio guys seemed to really say much except, "Bad coaching by Dungy." :icon_shrug:

26. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    TJ Simers?:icon_rofl:

27. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    You will know when success really hits the Chargers. Everyone will hate them. It comes with the territory.

The commentators wanted to see Indianapolis go to Foxboro. They would tout it as the "real" SuperBowl. The Chargers have taken away their game plan. Tough on them.

For the sake of sportsmanship, I hope your guys get real healthy for next week. I hope we beat you, but I don't want to beat a team with its biggest and best standing on the sidelines.

28. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    They should of said

"out coached by Norv Turner"

Because that is what happened.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Our defense and running game is better than the Colts. It might be more of a challenge. Our offense is churning very well now and the Colts defense is better than the Pats defense.

However the Pats offense is some of the best I have ever seen. It will be a challenge. I know the Pats don't consider this a cakewalk and fans shouldn't consider it a cake walk either.

BTW it might snow at foxburrow.

30. The Game

The Game BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow I'm so happy after winning this game, this makes me excited about next weeks game, go Chargers!!!

• Like Like x 1