1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Green Bay game will tell us allot!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by OverVolt, Sep 16, 2007.

1. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    O.K. we just got smoked by the best team in football, and we see, while we may have great talent, great coaching can go along way too.
    So, here's the thing, we got embarassed tonight, and a good team will come back from this with a win their next game against a team with inferior talent.
    I believe this up coming game against Green Bay is going to tell us allot about where this team is going this year.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    We beat Green Bay, and we're at the same spot we were last year after our 3rd game.

By the way, while 90% of the forum fanbase is panicking, I'm not.

As part of my 13-3 prediction, I had the New England game as a very possible loss. So, no surprise to me.

And yes, I thought there was a 50-50 chance that the Patriots would win by 14+ points if they did win.

3. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I agree, no panick yet...but if we drop one to GB, I will then officially start to panick.

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I just stated in the gameday thread that no charger fan had this week's game vs. Green Bay to be a "toss up"... but now... oh shiiiit. I'm a wee bit nervous.

5. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I won't start worrying unless we go 1-3, which would then mean a loss to the suck-*** Chiefs as well.

We go 3-2, and things are still on track, although 75% of the "fan"base won't think so.

2 of my 3 losses are @ New England, @ Denver.

So that means a 4-2 start before the BYE week.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Green Bay will indeed let us know the mindset of this team. To they crumble with adversity or adapt and overcome?

That will be the true measure.

7. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Yes, very well thought out.
    WHat I now start to wonder about is getting to the playoffs and meeting the Pat's again...this could become one of those mental things like the Colts dealt with for several years...a whipping like this could leave marks.

8. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I hear what you are saying. I too thought that it would be a tall order to go into New England and come out with a victory but to be completely dominated and outplayed in almost all phases of the game is very disheartening.

The offense looks confused with no real direction and Rivers looks slow to adapt to Norv's play calling. The defense, while having a few good plays, was taken to school by Brady & Co.

Let's hope Norv makes some needed adjustments and we can come out of Green Bay with a win. They better not take Farve lightly. He's not what he used to be but he can still carve up a defense if given time.

9. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    It doesn't mean you are panicing if you express your displeasure with the level of play we have seen so far. Most of us thought a loss at NE would not be a huge surprise. The way we played was. That needs to change.

It's not panicing. It's a long season, but something needs to change & there is no reason for it to be like this to begin with.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I think it's more the ugliness level of our play in the first 2 games that has people panicing.

I couldn't even watch the 2nd half yesterday I was so disgusted.

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

x2

:tdown:

12. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    The problem for me goes back to when tRaider fan used to post in the other CHarger forums, and Norv was their coach.
    I used to always tell tRaider fan that as long as Norv was their HC, they would never be any good...well, now we got him, and after last night, I'm sure hoping I don't start to believe what I wrote.
    I agree, this team should be 4-2 going into the bye...and in fact this is what any sane fan should expect. However as Ride has said, it's not so much last nights loss, I did think it was about 50/50 chance of winning, it's more about how we played in BOTH games...right now this is one of the worst offenses in football, in fact after last night, the D is also a long way from where it was last year.

13. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Lol sluggo, you take yourself WAY too seriously. The tone in your posts makes it sound like you think that your opinion is the only one that matters.

14. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I don't know about being panicked, I'm just pissed off. My fury has reached the first of the three inner rings and I'm hungover.

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm just trying to provide perspective and analysis, instead of following the herd and saying "we suck", "this is like {insert year} all over again!", "why didn't AJ .... ", "the coaches suck", "{insert player's name} sucks!" and other rants that always occur after a loss.

But, if you want to read those instead, go right ahead. Nothing requires you to read my posts.

16. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    No Slug, you're right on, it's nice to know there are people who care about this team, and are sane in doing so.
    There are so many who have nothing constructive to say, and in fact don't even know anything about the game...it's alway good to have those who do.

17. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The Packers don't have the strongest running game so IMO we should let Jamal heal this week. That said anybody that thinks we're gonna roll these guys is out of their fucing minds. Favre has a hard-on after watching our secondary get undressed last night. Do we even have any safeties on this team? :icon_evil:

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    let's see how he feels during the week and go from there

Packers have two good corners, two good pass rushers, three decent linebackers and an ok OL/WR corps

19. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I could even fathom and digest a loss in Green Bay *IF* the team rips off 3 straight victories afterwards to enter the BYE WEEK.

THAT 4-2 record would be better than the one I envisioned, because it would mean a win in Denver and a 3-0 division record is attached.

Although 5-1 and 3-0 division is always better. ;)

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    WE must be parta the 10% that didn't get the word :icon_eek: :icon_rofl:

21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, the bandwagon got audibly lighter :tdown: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We didn't lose, WE GOT OUR ASSES HANDED TO US!!!

23. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    RELAX everyone !!

We'll be fine. You'll see. :yes:

24. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

agree,

embarrassing

And I hope nobody is taking GB lightly

they are better than most think

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'm not panicking (yet). I'm just freaking PISSED and embarrassed. I'll be o.k. Let's just beat the Packers. And that won't be as easy as many of you think it will be.

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    They're better than us, period!!!

Thanks Norv!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

27. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

:tup:

28. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

well wonderslug you get my 500th post. Well remember how
    this crowd got panicking last year after the Ravens game.
    We won't overrate us any more, but have to work hard
    to win the next 4 games. I follow you with 13-3 but team
    and coaching staff should prepare well.