1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Green Bay vs. San Diego Game Balls thread, part deux.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The "Official" Chargers vs. Packers Game Ball Thread!

O.k. guys who has earned your three game balls and why?

1) Philip Rivers!!
    he showed poise, had some good throws. More importantly he started laying some of my worries from last year to rest!:tup: :tup:

2) M3!
    Big guy! Man Mountain Manu got a bad rap in St. Louis for his inability to make catches. I was worried he would tip off run plays because he would be a blocker, an extra lineman if you will. he showed last night he can be a weapon, and a load to bring down. heck, lets see him on a reverse or a running play now.. :tup:

3) VJ!
    This kid is going to be special. Special I tell you!

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931

Since Conc and the majority of people will give them to the big players, I'm going to give out four game balls to guys who deserve them but without hte big recognition

1. Ryan Krause
    Almost always injured but he came to play with some big catches from all three QBs. If he can stay healthy the kid has some incredible talent
    2. Tim Dobbins
    He just ran over the right tackle to sack the QB. He's going to be something special and he reminded me SOOO much of a Shawne Merriman
    3. Kurt Smith
    Two kickoffs and both were in the endzone. It'll be a tough call if he can make it on the team but his kickoffs are higher and deeper then Kaedings are
    4. Antonio Cromartie
    For that unbelieveable interception he made. He got beat in the first quarter but that interception was incredible

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383

1) PR
    2) The Tennesse Titans Mascot
    3) David Binn

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

Thumper's game BALLS!

1) River's - He played with confidence and made the correct reads. He put the ball where our guy would get it, or nobody would get it. I liked his decision making.

2) Ryan Krause - This kid was making play after play from all 3 QBs. He might just get a roster spot.

3) Stephen Cooper - Got significant playing time and used it well. Sack on Favre. Shows our defensive depth s fantastic.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

My 3 game balls:

1.) Rivers
    2.) Jackson
    3.) Krause

6. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454

1) PR - Foutsian in his command of the offense, excellent recognition and took what the defense gave him. Very nice touch on the fades to VJ (both TD's). I'm anxious to see him against the Bears defense.

2) VJ - TO like skills. Showed supreme confidence and toughness going against a very good pass defense. The Packer corners play tough press defense and VJ was a nightmare mismatch. Great concentration and hands. The kid could have a Larry Johnson type year if he continues to progress.

3) Defensive line - DLineman allowing LB's to make plays all night. Jamal was a beast. Castillo was animal like. Igor was a monster.

7. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

1.) Rivers - 15 of 21 for 169 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, and a 111 QB rating. Gets the ball out quickly and commandingly. Never seemed to flinch or wilt under pressure last night. On the long TD drive (Michael Turner's run), that play, he told Manu where to go and whom to block. End result was Turner springing through a hole on the right side (Manu's side) for the TD.

2.) Jackson - the guy is a freaking nearly uncoverable beast. The only way to prevent him from making the catch is for a CB to drape all over him like a kitchen magnet, drawing a penalty. He also made several catches over the middle as Rivers' dump-off guy and took some hits that didn't seem to phase him. He got up with a look like "That's all you got?"

3.) Krause - 6 catches for 64 yards. He had a pretty good game and may end up winning the #3 TE spot from Shea who didn't even play I think.

8. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

Same for me, in that order.

Honorable mention:

Bingham (looked good and controlled the LOS)
    Wilhelm + Cooper + Dobbins. The future looks good at ILB.

Not impressed:

Osgood. Still a stud on ST's but the dude still gets zero seperation and does not use his size to his advantage receiving.

Curry. Looked like Sammy Davis reincarnate.

McCree. Invisible except for the fumble runback that didn't count against the scrubs.

Feeley + Whitehurst. Charlie gets a pass. He is right way he should be. We need help at QB beyond Rivers for this season. Keep an eye on the Jets. They have 4 viable QB's in their roster.

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979

Lets see your Game Balls Charger fans!

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383

Ok but you can't ban me since you asked for them :icon_rofl:

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    You know my friend and I name our balls we have in our football "office". We have 4 of them combined their names are:

The Professor
    Big Ben
    Stop 'n' Go

fugg I am forgetting the 4th :icon_rofl:

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I was stone cold sober for this games evaluation which means I did not have my customary 18 pack before entering the game. I had a total of 2 beers and one mimosa before kickoff and drank more cokes than anything so anyone who has tailgated knows that in 7 hours, that ain't **** for partying.

Here are my game balls.

1. Philip Rivers -

Rivers ring rust and lack of footwork was no where to be seen. The dude was poised and confident and when the protection broke down, he bought time ands stayed cool and did not panic. No happy feet to be seen. His first pass and second passes to VJ were a thing of beauty that I ribbed SDRon about. He agreed they were as sweet of a pass that anyone could throw.

There was one ball which sailed on Rivers and that was to Osgood. The rest of the passes were thrown in areas where the receiver ONLY could get the ball. That is a special gift folks and every pass was dead nuts in stride.

Props go to Cam Cameron for allowing Rivers to open the game with a majority of pass plays and spreading the ball around. Watching "Mama" run with that ball was hilarious. He is basically a tackle eligible and watching that lumbering stride was gut busting.

2.) Tim Dobbins -

This dude is a freaking animal. He hand punched the GB left tackle and sat him down on his assss.....and got a sack. It was reminiscent of Merrimans blast on Trent Green and how he lit up their left tackle. The whole linebacking corp was awesome. Everyone was juiced and damn is that group fast.

3.) Kurt Smith -

He put the ball in the endzone one and two yards deep a couple of times in the game on kickoffs. This guy is a weapon and one hell of a find if he can stay consistent and does not end up being another wide right Ritchey.

*Honorable mention goes to Ryan Krause

I did not give this kid a snowballs chance in hell to make the team this year and practice squad is not an option since he was drafted and is a partially vested veteran...... Time will tell.

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Dobbins > The crappy dude from Alabama ....... oh yeah DeMeco Ryans

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Houston. He won't be a bust but he's just plain average. I would have taken D'Qwell instead.

15. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Houston...first pick in 2nd round

16. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    1. PR
    2. LB Coach Greg Manusky (he's trained up a stable of studs)
    3. That cute blond sideline reporter. We need full body shots of her.

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
  18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Slug you've got more than that spill it out man :yes:

19. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
  20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  21. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    If any of you want Jaymee Sire to carry your children speak now or forever hold your peace :icon_rofl:

22. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    1) Rivers - Awesome
    2) J-Ball - Monster
    3) Stacie the cheerleader - Because when she smiles it looks like she's smiling right at me

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    J-Ball?

24. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    J-Ball is what the other D-line guys call Jamal Williams.

25. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    i did not know that; thanks

btw if anyone from BT is going to give Jaime children, shouldn't that fall onto the sex symbol's job? :yes: