1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Guest Column in UT from Baltimore Sun writer Bashes Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gobolts2008, Sep 21, 2009.

1. gobolts2008

gobolts2008 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Look what this absolute and complete Moron Mike Preston had to say about Philip,

"One major reason why San Diego might never get to the Super Bowl is Rivers. He just does some incredibly stupid things at times, like that pass he chucked over his shoulder to Dawan Landry midway in the third quarter.

My only three questions to Rivers are: Why? Why? Why?"

If he said that Norv or our Lines were the reason we wouldn't get to a super bowl I could understand. But to say Rivers is the reason is the most ludicrous statement I have ever heard. Nobody who knows anything about football would make that statement. and after all games to say that he says it after the game in which Rivers sets a career high with over 400 yards passing?? I must be missing something here.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/sep/21/ravens-escape-turner-provides-assist/

• Like Like x 1
  2. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    This was in the article as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    And this article should concern us how?

4. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah I usually hate the QBs that have a good game against my team too

• Like Like x 1
  5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I read that too and totally disagree. Rivers will BE the reason we get to the Super Bowl and win it! I mean even Brady and Big Ben throw picks. Like some of you have said, they're just bitter Rivers dropped 400+ yards passing on them.....

6. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm surprised he didn't write an article on how stupid Sproles is. I mean he did make Ed Reed look pretty silly on that long TD.

7. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I PRAY that we face the Ravens again in the playoffs. The results will be totally different. We went step for step with these guys, with many of our key players sitting out. With more experience for the defensive line (two rookies starting) and Merriman hopefully being back to near pre-injury form, the Ravens will be playing our real Charger squad next time.

BTW, seriously, I'm tired of people always laying the blame on Turner. That sh*t is getting old. Granted he did make one or two costly decisions that game, but what coaches haven't? The organization and the players believe in him, and it's time San Diego Charger Fans did as well.

8. gobolts2008

gobolts2008 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    It's pretty simple actually, let me explain... We are Charger Fans and the article mentioned our quarterback in a negative light.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The biggest play

Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis made the game's biggest play by tackling running back Darren Sproles in the backfield for a 5-yard loss on a fourth-and-2 at the Ravens' 15 late in the game, but he gets an assist from Chargers head coach Norv Turner .

“They stayed true to what they had been doing on film,” Lewis said. “Whenever they are in that formation, he goes downhill, and I just shot the gap. I took a risk, and I've told my teammates sometimes you have to take a risk.”

But how do you not block No. 52? How do you not have someone assigned to him on every running play? More importantly, the Chargers had been toasting the Ravens cornerbacks all game; why run instead of pass especially when San Diego had height advantages with their receivers against most of the Ravens cornerbacks?

Lewis just smiled. He smiled again late in the first half with 10 seconds remaining. On a third-and-goal from the 5, the Chargers elected to kick a 23-yard field goal instead of taking one more shot at scoring a touchdown.

“I don't know what went into their decision making,” Lewis said.

I do. Turner is a knucklehead.

How come the whole world realizes how horrible Norv is except certain posters in here? :icon_shrug:

10. StocktonBoltFan

StocktonBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Do you people not remember in the titan playoff game when norv went for the TD on 4th and goal instead of a fieldgoal to put the game out of reach? that took guts that according to alot of the posters on here he doesn't have. Plain and simple yesterday the players didn't execute. We went up against another good team yesterday and lost, thats it. The season isn't over, next week is not a season defining game as someone said in another thread. They'll get this thing going soon enough and then all will be right in charger world. People are just way to quick to panic.

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    I'm not sure I've ever seen a fan base melt down like this after losing a close early season game to a team that was in the AFC Championship game the season before. People need to calm the phuck down. I understand that losing a game in the fashion we did yesterday is frustrating, but it happens. Lots of other good teams lost yesterday and do you think those team's fans are all ******** bricks like we are? I think its further proof that as Charger fans we all expect things to turn to ****, so at the first sign of trouble, everyone is booing the team and getting ready to jump off the Coronado bridge.

We just put up nearly 500 yards of total offense against the vaunted Baltimore defense without three offensive starters. There is a lot to be positive about. Two years ago, we got absolutely destroyed by the Patriots in week 2 and went on to finish the season 11-5 and go to the AFC title game. All is not lost. Let's all act like we've been through the ups and downs of an NFL season before, and have a little patience.

• Like Like x 2
  12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Missing posts can be found in the Flame Wars and spotten threads.

PM me if you have any questions.

13. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    CURSE YOU IN A DAYS!!!! CURRRRRRRSE YOUUUUUU!!!!

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    What he said above......:yes:

• Like Like x 1