1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hacksaw gets blasted

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Mar 9, 2011.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Radio daze: Grading S.D. sports hosts - SignOnSanDiego.com

Hacksaw

Station: XX Sports 1090

Time: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

Host: Lee Hamilton

Overview: The show sounds like stepping back into a 1980s time warp. ... I wanna talk sports with you ... From Oceanside to Otay ... Hold on and we’ll get you on ... Pick ’em pal. Hamilton hasn’t altered his act in 20 years. And that’s not the worst part of the show. Hacksaw, who has manned San Diego airwaves since 1987, comes across as having absolutely no personality, save for his pomposity. Even his laugh sounds fake. Another problem: Hamilton lets too many callers on air. It’s like a writer who relies too much on quotes, the problem being that 95 percent of people are inherently dull. What’s good about the show? It ends on time? NHL trade rumors? F1 analysis? OK, if you’ve been away from the computer or missed the morning paper, Hacksaw’s “best 15 minutes in radio” catches you up on the news, or at least his version of it.

Why switch to music: Better question — why listen in the first place?

Grade: 0 microphones (out of 5)

2. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    0 is too high of a rating, -5 would be about right.

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I have a button for Jacksaw...

Attached Files:

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I just figured it out, 1CoolGuy is Hacksaw. Both are annoying, and both like to tell others how great they are and neither knows jacks **** about sports

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Hacksaw is not even close to this moron up here in the bay area. Gary Radnich is beloved by all bay area people except me. I can't stand this idiot. He's a star struck bumbling fool that loves to hear himself talk about stories of him and B list celebrity run ins. Who cares dude. I tended bar at the Palm in Hollywood for ten years and half of the famous people on the planet were my regulars. I still don't talk about my minor interactions with them as much as he does. It's fken boring. His radio show is better than when he's on TV I will give him that. As far as Hacksaw is concerned, he's got tenure just like the school teachers that keep passing failing kids. But that's a whole other enchilada.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He spent way too much time talking about it during his show like every hour and every caller had to talk about it, just really ridiculous.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    taps the mike....

IS THIS THING ON?

EYE want to talk sports with you from San Ysidro to Oceanside, from Pacific Beach to Alpine, please someone, anyone call me up eye want to talk sports with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please someone, anyone.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm with you. Radnich is a tool. Hacksaw is at least fun to laugh at. Radnich is a self-important douche who has absolutely nothing of interest to say. Ever.

9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    dude is on day two of his butthurt tour

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    which one has the better barber?

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando