1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hacksaw...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Dublin Bolt, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    I've been hearing about this guy for years but never once listened to him/heard him on the radio. These last few days when I jump onto the XX1090 app, he seems to be on around midday your time in SD. Is it just me or does the guy appear to be begging people to call in/interact with him?, is it just me or does it appear he has a v small audience?. I can't believe this guy is getting paid to waffle on the way he does. Unreal.

He's spouting on about us going after Asomugha. I disagree. We don't need him, we have bigger needs than CB, esp one like he that will cost a fortune, money that we should be spending on the likes of VJ.

2. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    Asomugha is one of the best corners in the league...don't you think we could do with one of those? Cason has yet to prove himself worthy of being the number one opp Jammer and also Jammer won't be around forever.

If we can afford it, it would be a great hire! Time and time again we see how effective defences are with two top corners in your team sgutting down the passing game.

3. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Hacksaw is a very professional radio talent, moreso than anyone else on 1090, but his whole shtick is to stir up controversy to boost his calls and ratings. He was on the evening drive, but got moved to mid-day which is a poor slot, a demotion. Personally, I find his act to tired and dated, just not fresh, and very contrived. I have trouble listening to him.

4. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I have a tough time with sports radio in general.

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    he's a hack, plain and simple, and, unlike Old school, I think he's unprofessional, tinme and time again he misquotes or misrepresents facts to stir sh1t up, example: an article (from espn or something like that) said "..I [the writer] half expected him [AJ] to say 'we don't negotiate with terrorists' [in regards with the VJ negotiations]...", Quaksaw, when talking about AJ keep doing his "QUOTE...AJ...we don't negotiate with terrorists...

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    I think Cason is a stud and that's the point 'if we can afford it'. We can't, we need to spend the $ elsewhere i.e. on VJ/D line/O line imho. Aso is a great talent, just saying in terms of needs CB is well down the list. If Jam moves to safety then it is a whole different ballgame. Wouldn't it be great to find another McCourty in the draft.

7. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I agree. Cason is doing fine. People are picking on him because of a few high profile blunders... the same way Jammer got picked on by fans before they realized they had a really good corner in him.

We have too many other places to put our money. If this wasn't true of most teams in the league *all* teams would be going after Namndi. Just because someone is a great player doesn't mean he is a fit for the team. Fans wanting him is more fantasy football than actual football.

8. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

He has the only professional radio voice at 1090, he has a very polished schtick he puts alot of time into, I just like you think he's all about stirring up controversy for ratings at the cost of reporting accuracy.

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    taps the mike, is this thing on, hello can you hear me...........

EYE want to talk sports with you......................................

Why would anyone listen to someone that wears a bad rug on the mug?

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    How is it you are defining professional radio voice? Seems to me by definition if you are getting paid to talk on the raidio, that makes yours a professional radio voice... What am I missing?

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I wonder what Gene "Hacksaw" Reynolds thinks about the Quacksaw?

12. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
  13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Last off season he was making a HUGE deal about how the Chargers screwed up by franchising Sproles, which increase his RFA price. He was going OFF about how they "should have tendered him with a lower offer instead of franchising him". I called to correct him and let him know that the only 'lower' tender option they had was transition tag, and had they used that, they wouldn't have received any comp if another team came in and signed him.

Like he does everyone, he cut me off and didn't let me get out what I was trying to say. So I then emailed him to explain it to him, and he responded "My listeners don't care about the in depth details". So basically, he is blatantly lying to his listeners because they aren't smart enough to catch him on it.

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Quacksaw is not legit, dude sucked doing the Charger games years ago and has hated the team since he was fired.

15. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +235
    Jim Rome that is all.

16. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    What's a hacksaw? I'm on the east coast.