1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

haha @ Rule12b

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MtlBoltsFan, Jan 11, 2007.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
  2. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Wait it's supposed to link to this..

96-Percent of Boston Sports Fans Have No Idea How Annoying They Are
    According to a study set to be released today by the Center for Sports Research, a whopping 96-percent of Boston sports fans have no idea how unbelievably annoying they are to those who are not supporters of the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins.

“It’s amazing. The vast majority of these people actually think that they behave just as any other fans do, and that people who have a problem with them are simply jealous,” said the study’s director, Dr. Michael Kreager, a Princeton sociologist. “When in fact, almost all Boston fans have become obnoxious M*******s of the highest order.”

Due to an overwhelming inferiority complex stemming from decades of playing second fiddle to New York, the study found that Boston fans are woefully lacking in knowledge of how to respectfully conduct themselves when one of their teams actually wins. But worse, they revel in their boorish behavior and seem to find more enjoyment in flaunting their good fortune in the faces of others than they do in sincerely celebrating and relishing their teams’ achievements.

“The media has only contributed to this problem,” said Dr. Kreager. “By harping on the years and years the Red Sox went without a championship as though it was some sort of national tragedy, Boston fans actually started to believe they were more important than fans from other cities and therefore deserved to win more. When in fact, all they were was fans of a crappy franchise.”

And when the Red Sox finally won last year – on the heels of two Patriots championships that were then followed by another in February – it created a vicious cocktail that made even the most subdued and casual Boston sports fan into an obnoxious, drunken meathead, unbearably annoying to anyone with different rooting interests.

“I wanted to be happy for these people when the Patriots won, and especially when the Red Sox finally got a World Series, but I found it impossible,” said Dan Miller, a Seattle native who now lives outside Boston. “Before I could even congratulate any of my friends or acquaintances they got up in my face, yelling and screaming and saying how my favorite teams suck, or leaving messages on my cell phone gloating about it. So instead of being a mild supporter of Boston teams, now I hate them with every fiber of my being. Same with most of their fans.”

The study also found that some 89 percent of Boston fans believe they are the most knowledgeable fan base in the world, when in reality they are no more savvy than any other.

“We found this to be most evident in relation to the Patriots,” said Dr. Kreager. “Until they made the Super Bowl in 1997, most New Englanders barely paid attention to football, but now – thanks to the Patriots winning three of the past four years – they seem to believe they invented the game or something and that their city is the epitome of all things football. Of course, once the Patriots inevitably start struggling some day, we expect most of their fans to ignore them again.”

The only saving grace for Boston fans – or perhaps more for people who come into regular contact with them – is that the Celtics and Bruins continue to suck. But even in mediocrity, the M*******-ishness finds a way to shine through.

“I personally found it hilarious that the Celtics managed to squeak into the playoffs this year and lots of Boston fans actually thought they had a legitimate shot of going to the Finals,” said Dr. Kreager. “Right, with Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker and Ricky Davis – not to mention Danny Ainge in the front office – you’re really a force to be reckoned with. And, of course, now that the Celtics draft has received high marks, they’re all guaranteeing a few championships by the end of the decade. I usually try to step back and stay completely objective when I’m studying a group of people, but I have to say – these people are freaking morons. Absolutely unbearable.”

Predictably, the ever-belligerent and cantankerous Boston fans do not agree with the study’s findings.

“That is wicked stupid. People are just jealous. What – did some Yankees fan make up that study? Probably, ‘cause the Yankees suck!” said Tommy Reilly, a 27-year old Boston bartender. “Yeah, that’s right. You heard me. The Yankees suck!”

3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    PHENOMENAL!

RACK HIM!:icon_rofl:

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

My new favorite word: "M*******-ishness"

Thanks Rule!!

:icon_rofl:

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I thought it was this .....

6. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Yeah, I've been having a field day on their boards since last season. However,

The article I must give credit to, are you ready, a Denver fan who posts on the Denver boards and at Chargers.com as "Medford Bronco". He's a very classy Denver guy trapped in the NE who has fervently supported us most of the season and stauchly supports me on the Denver boards. For the moment, he is a Charger fan as much as the rest of us.

Anyway, he posted that gem on the Denver boards to hammer some Pats trols there and I borrowed it. Everything else BoltsOwnU has to say at Patriots Planet (especially the "Charger Chants" thread) is pure Rule12b:tup:

They actually voted me visiting poster of the year. Yeah, let's see how they feel about me on Monday after we beat them senseless:icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_rofl: That's my boy. :abq2:

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Freaking classic. I was actually happy for the lovable losers from Boston (Pats/Sox), until I actually met a few of their fans.

I think my favorite quote from the Pats' boards this week was the idiot fan that said the Pats' performance in the Jets game was the greatest he'd witnessed since 2001. I mean, come on. The Pats beat an overachieving team with a pretty mediocre level of talent.

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    As an A's fan I hate the Red Sux as much as I hate the Broncos and I've seen Sox fans do some stupid chiat at games.

Nice read. :yes: :lol:

10. PatsNufCed

PatsNufCed Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Beat them senseless?

Not so fast my friend.

The Chargers season has gotten you all a little to high.

It's leaves you with a long ways to fall.

Game should be close.

And if it's close in the forth the whole great city of San Diego might finally drop right into the pacific.

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    That was a funny as hell read. :icon_rofl:

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The Chowdaheads know all about losing franchises, but don't worry you'll have JD Drew and Manny's 'tude to discuss once the Bolts end your season this weekend.

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    lol, pretty funny stuff. Props to the author

14. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    well done Rule:abq1: :abq2:

15. PatsNufCed

PatsNufCed Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2

Were not losing any franchises.

Your the ones who won't build a new stadium for your beloved Chargers and hence might lose a franchise.

16. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Too freakin' Hilarious. Had a good time gettin' em all riled up. Like teasing a junkyard dog through a fence.:icon_rofl:

Trump is having way too much fun over there.

I wish I had more time to develop some quality material for their site.:icon_twisted:

17. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Reading comprehension is not your strong point I see. When he refered to 'losing' he meant as in losing games/seasons. Not losing the team to another city.

It wont matter anyway, after Sunday you wont be back.

:abq2: GO BOLTS! :abq1:

18. PatsNufCed

PatsNufCed Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2

He said something about losing franchises and I know it's a touchy subject but it is somethng you will have to deal with sooner or later

Being from cali it will probably be later

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    [​IMG]

21. PatsNufCed

PatsNufCed Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2

I don't watch hockey but nice try

Tell me something

How does the San Antonio Chargers sound?

22. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Okay by me.

:helm1:

23. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Actually an excellent city for the Chargers.:tup: :bolt2: :helm3: :helm1:

24. PatsNufCed

PatsNufCed Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2

True

The Pats season could end on Sunday

If that happens I'm sure they'll go out fighting

At least I comforted with the knowledge the Pats are staying where they belong

In New England

Now I'm not saying the Chargers don't belong in San Diego

They do!

But the facts are you Bolt fans are invested emotionally in a team that is making no secrets about looking for the next best thing and if the fine people of San Diego don't pony up it will be adios San Diego

Maybe you Bolt fans should start pulling for the Pats.

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Funny Spanos has made no bones about he wants to stay in San Diego. He isnt looking for the next big thing, he is looking for a home in San Diego County. Going as far as to tell other cities "Thanks but no thanks."

So nice try, wana get back to the game, or do you want to keep trying to make us look beyond the fact that your aging team is going up against the young up and comming team.

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The Pats'll pull on themselves.

27. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    No I will always be a Chargers fan regaurdless of where they go to.

I do not care if they become the Salt Lake City Chargers, in example. I will still be a rabid fan as usual.

28. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The Pats started out as the Boston Patriots. Guess they belongta alla New England.

29. PatsNufCed

PatsNufCed Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Really?

You must be a die hard fan

30. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    A similar thing can be said of our Chargers.

They started out as the Los Angeles Chargers.