1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hall of Fame Resume for LT

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargersfan101, Nov 28, 2006.

1. chargersfan101

chargersfan101 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    LaDainian Tomlinson is having a truly amazing season running the football. He is a touchdown machine, who throws the HB option pass as well as anyone I've ever seen. He has never scored less than 10 rushing touchdowns in a season during his career. 10 rushing touchdowns might not mean what it once did but look at some of the other great running backs of the last 10-15 years such as Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders. Check it out:

http://www.protrade.com/content/DisplayArticle.html?sp=S55e10d68-7f13-11db-97f2-8941454a02f9

2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +422
    Yeah I saw this it is truly amazing what he is doing right now! I think barring a catastrophic event LT has already locked up a spot in the hall!

3. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    No disrespect to LT or Bolt fans, but Sanders put Detroit on the map and could have easily broke the rushing record with a poor O line and average QB.

LT is a definite HOFer and takes the game to a different level as a receiver and passer. He's just a plain offensive threat. Can LT break the rushing record ... why not.

Who would not want that lining up in their own backfield?

4. Super Defense 619

Super Defense 619 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    LT DEFINITE HALL A FAMER :bolt:

5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    We've had these debates on different boards .......

Barry Sanders might have been the best pure runner of all running backs. But, he had some negatives. He had too many tackles for loss (some attributed to poor OL play), he wasn't a very good short yardage or goal line runner. He wasn't as big a receiving threat as some other top tier RB's (Payton, LT). Sanders wasn't a blocker.

I did get to see Payton play in person (Sanders, once as well), and for my money, I still consider Walter Payton the greatest RB of all time. He was a complete back. He could run, catch, block - even throw.

Tomlinson is the only one who comes close to the overall greatness of Walter Payton. Longetivity is what LT needs to get into the same conversation as "Sweetness" ....