1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hang in there guys, it could be worse

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by titanfan24, Sep 9, 2008.

1. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Sucks about Lights Out, but it could be worse.

You could be overwhelmed with 24 hour coverage of your AWOL crybaby QB, who looks to need about 20 sessions with Dr. Melfi (for all of us Sopranos fans).

And dammit, we beat Jacksonville up like Rashad Evans on Chuck Liddell, and nobody is talking about it.

One thing about this VcrY situation is that there are 100 Country and Blues musicians in this city who have new song material!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    thanks for the words of encouragement. look on the brighter side, you guys dont have as MUCH pressure as say the patriots, so you guys wont be covered 24/7 for not makin playoffs or something.

3. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Flavor of the week. He'll be forgotten this time next week. And if he can put it behind him, you guys will be alright.

4. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Good post! It brought a smile to my face. I have only heard and read a little about VY, but it sounds like a major distraction. The Titans are a solid team…hope this doesn’t bring them down. Head games can be a major challenge for a team/coaching staff.

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Its your dirty *** teams fault we are in this bad of a situation

They are the ones who illegal took out merriman, and they are the ones who purposely injuried Gates. He was down, all they had to do was touch him and he would be down, but yet two guys dive into him? D. Hall got a penelty for that last night, but because of who your coach is and the position he has with the NFL, of course that didnt happen

If not for Chris Johnson, who im a huge fan off, the titans would be my most hated team, even more than the raiders and broncos

**** Jeff Fisher and his dirty *** team

• Like Like x 1
  6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    :no:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Thanks TF24.

That thing about Young is weird but I think the media is making A LOT more out of it than it really is.
    Sounds to me like the family got weirded out because he was upset leaving from the stadium (understandingly) and when he wasn't answering his phone, they over reacted.

We'll just have to see what Young does next.

Losing Merriman is a HUGE loss but we CAN still win it all!!!!

8. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77

RIP......therapy is a good option for ya buddy. We've had this battle 20 times already and I'm done with it. I'm sure that Titans DL Tony Brown meant to fall on Antonio Gates' torso, so that he would F up his TOE :lol:. Come on now, that sloppy wet field had more to do with that than anything.

Football is violent, there are dirty things that happen, and no one is immune to injury. Whether it be Shawne Merriman, Tom Brady, Vince Young, Antonio Gates, or anybody else. All part of the occupational hazard.

9. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    I wish I could say that this Young thing didn't have legs, but it does. I have a friend that works in the media here locally, and she told me that something was up with him recently, but nobody knew what it was until his mom dropped this bombshell about 2 hours ago:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909129/1002/SPORTS

Sounds like someone has a legitimate case of Clinical Depression and I would be surprised if you saw him again this season. I feel bad for what I just posted after reading this..

10. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Oh I'll talk about that whuppin you guys put on the Jags. I watched a good part of your game (Sunday Ticket) and you physically dominated them like I never would have believed. How much of it had to do with their crippled o-line, I don't know? And like I PMed you awhile back...I loved Chris Johnson at East Carolina and he's proving out to be the real deal.

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Depression is something NOT to mess with. It's something you just can't "shake off" either. I do hope Vince gets the help he needs.

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    this is making me laugh my *** off! "Nobody likes me outside of Texas." I just want pictures of him crying. Sorry but this is funny ****. You Titans fans should be ashamed; you broke Vince Young's feelings. Now he's suicidal; good job.:crying::hilarious:

Yes depression is nothing to mess around with but this is funny. He's a freakin' superstar! how can you not laugh. Then again I have been labed a psychopath before for lack of empathy:icon_twisted:

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    2008 is shaping into the year of the injury
    sorry to hear about VY, I got no hate for him or anything. I hope he gets better

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that!!! :icon_sad:

Like CBF said "Depression is something NOT to mess with."
    My heart goes out to Young and the Titans. Hope they can get it together!!

15. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Jeez guys I must be insane because every time I read about it I start laughing. Do I need serious mental help? Hey! maybe I can share a padded cell with Vince Young.

16. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362

This is just sad. I hope that this is over blown, but my limited experience tells me he has major problems. Best of luck for VY and the Titan fans…I think you will need it.

Note: I enjoy hating football stars that are arrogant and spoiled A-holes…I don’t believe this is the case in this situations. No one wins in this situation. It is bad for all involved. Best wishes to VY and his family. Hang in their Titan fans.