1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hank’s Take: Seeing Double

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Oct 28, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Jun 29, 2009
    <blockquote>Source: Chargers.com

By Hank Bauer

At the end of the broadcast Sunday, I said "I hate this game." Then about five minutes later I told Josh Lewin, "Man, I love this game."

There's no other game of emotion like life in the NFL, and that definitely includes the fans. Whatever the fans are feeling, multiply it by 100,000 and that's what the coaches are feeling.

In order to win tight ballgames, you just have to make one more play than your opponent. It sounds so simple, but that's really the way it is. You make one play in each of three of the four losses and things are different. The crazy thing about this game is that you never know which play or which player, which phase of the game, or which block up front could be the difference. That's the maddening thing. It's the frustrating thing about this game, but it's also one of the great things about it. There's a challenge to it all.</blockquote>
    <a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2389" target="_blank"><strong>
    Article Link</strong></a>