1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Christmas from Germany

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cranberry, Dec 24, 2008.

1. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    The best wishes for Christmas and a wonderful New Year
    to All the San Diego Chargers Fans watching bolttalk.com
    from Germany

The hours before 24th eve are called “waiting for the Christkind” (Christ the child).
    With “Christkind” we don’t think of the little born Jesus. In our minds it is more like an flying angel, who brings all the presents to the houses. And when you disturb it,
    for instance by looking through the keyhole, it will rush away and leave no gifts.

So the little children have to go for a walk, mostly with their dads – in former days there was snow outside and it started to get dark. They see the lights on the trees and in the gardens, while the mothers at home are hanging all the stuff to the Christmas-tree, and making ready the festive dinner. Coming back again the parents told the children the livingroom is locked, because “Christkind” is already on business.

Everyone got dressed with good clothes and when a little bell was ringing the whole family entered the living room to see the tree with candlelight and the parcels around.
    And sometimes mother shouted: “I just saw the Christkind disappear”.
    At first the family was listening to the story of Bethlehem and singing Christmas songs. A little wooden nativity set stood besides. Then the festive dinner was opened and the children had to wait till the dessert was finished. Then they could open the presents one by one.

I wish you all a happy 25th morning, when Santa Claus brings the gifts through the roof. Hope all the sockets are standing in the right place. Seasons Greetings and a good time next Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium and throughout the playoffs.

Sincerely yours

Cranberry

• Like Like x 2
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979

I haven't been in Frankfurt since I was 3... But let me know if I get this wrong...

Ich wünsche deiner familie ein frohes fest! Und ein gesegnete qeihnachten und ein glückliches neues jahr!

3. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Best holiday wishes to you too, Cranberry...may the new year find you happy, healthy, and successful.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Very Good ein gesegnetes Weihnachten is the only
    missing letter. (Weihnachten is a neutrum word, not male):icon_toast: