1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jul 4, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    We didn't have a thread so I created one

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY
    BE SAFE AND HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

:icon_toast: :icon_toast: :icon_toast: :thumbup: :thumbup: :icon_guitar:

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Gonna be 115 today here in Vegas....someplaces near or at 120. Its always hotter from where they take the official temp.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I hope none of our people in harm's way die today. Probably too much to ask, but I can still hope.

4. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Out of maybe 50 houses on my street only a half dozens have flags flying. :tdown:

It's a sad thing that so many people take the greatest nation in the world for granted.

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Anybody that serves in our military should get automatic citizenship.

Just got back from the parade here in Alameda which is always cool because the whole island totally gets into it. :tup:

Stay safe everybody. :bolt2:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Just having a bbq here at the house with family and friends. Lot of american flags throughout the neighborhood.

I don't know around here if so many people take our home for granted as they just don't see a need to put a flag outside every day (not that there's anything wrong with it). The flag should be on your heart and that's all that's needed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Chestnut smashes world record, beats Kobayashi for title

NEW YORK -- In a gut-busting showdown that combined drama, daring and indigestion, Joey Chestnut emerged Wednesday as the world's hot dog eating champion, knocking off six-time winner Takeru Kobayashi in a record-setting yet repulsive triumph.

Chestnut, the great red, white and blue hope in the annual Fourth of July competition, broke his own world record by inhaling 66 hot dogs in 12 minutes -- a staggering one every 10.9 seconds before a screaming crowd in Coney Island.

"If I needed to eat another one right now, I could," the 23-year-old Californian said after receiving the mustard yellow belt emblematic of hot dog eating supremacy.

Kobayashi, the Japanese eating machine, recently had a wisdom tooth extracted and received chiropractic treatment due to a sore jaw. But the winner of every Nathan's hot dog competition from 2001 to 2006 showed no ill effects as he stayed with Chestnut frank-for-frank until the very end of the 12-minute competition.

Once the contest ended, the runner-up suffered a reversal -- competitive eating-speak for barfing -- leading to a deduction from his final total. Kobayashi finished with 63 HDBs (hot dogs and buns eaten) in his best performance ever.

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    ESPN showed this whole competition, including Kobayashi spewing chunks. The really sick part of that...he continued eating what he "reversed" into his hands. :icon_eek:

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I always use holidays to catch up on work. While working I really enjoy watching all the folks out having fun. Its like a big nutty carnival going on all around. People having cookouts. Swimming, boating. And then tommorrow most have to slog back to work. :icon_toast:

10. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i do the same thing foober. this fourth i spent 9 hours polishing sealing and waxing a 200k porsche twin turbo. it was in a very holiday active subdivision so i got a lot of attention and made a lot of potential future clients but i did not swin boat drink or cookout.