1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Mother's Day...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, May 9, 2009.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    To all the Moms here....Carrie, Rexy LG, and everyone......All the grandmas, wives,...hope you all have a great day filled with love.

[​IMG]

Some Erma Bombeck quotes for Mother's Day...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    This is for the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up puke laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's okay honey, Mommy's here".Who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing crying babies who can't be comforted. This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse.For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who DON'T. This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are hanging on their refrigerator doors. And for all the mothers who froze their buns on metal bleachers at football , hockey or soccer games instead of watching from the warmth of their cars, so that when their kids asked, "Did you see me, Mom?" they could say, "Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world," and mean it.This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet and scream for ice cream before dinner. And for all the mothers who count to ten instead, but realize how child abuse happens.This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies. And for all the (grand) mothers who wanted to, but just couldn't find the words.This is for all the mothers who go hungry, so their children can eat.For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And then read it again. "Just one more time."This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started school. And for all the mothers who opted for Velcro instead.This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.This is for every mother whose head turns automatically when a little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring are at home -- or even away at college.This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches, assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right away. This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the words to reach them. For all the mothers who bite their lips until they bleed when their 14 year olds dye their hair green.For all the mothers of the victims of recent school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shooting.For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely. This is for all the mothers who taught their children to be peaceful, and now pray they come home safely from a war.What makes a good Mother anyway?Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?Or is it in her heart? Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?The jolt that t takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2 A.M. to put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby?The panic, years later, that comes again at 2 A.M. when you just want to hear their key in the door and know they are safe again in your home?Or the need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts are for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation...And mature mothers learning to let go. For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers.Single mothers and married mothers.Mothers with money, mothers without.This is for you all. For all of us.Hang in there. In the end we can only do the best we can. Tell them every day that we love them. And pray.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Thanks Deb. Happy Mother's Day to you and all the mothers who post or read here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
    Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
    Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
    But only one mother the wide world over.
    ~George Cooper

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
    Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
    ~William Goldsmith Brown

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. ~Peter De Vries

If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam. ~Lord Langdale (Henry Bickersteth)

All mothers are working mothers. ~Author Unknown

It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and violence every single day should be avoided entirely, but the desire to beget children is a natural urge. ~Phyllis Diller

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

Woman in the home has not yet lost her dignity, in spite of Mother's Day, with its offensive implication that our love needs an annual nudging, like our enthusiasm for the battle of Bunker Hill. ~John Erskine

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ~Author Unknown

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce

Women's Liberation is just a lot of foolishness. It's the men who are discriminated against. They can't bear children. And no one's likely to do anything about that. ~Golda Meir

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his. ~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own. ~Aristotle

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. ~Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul

Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries. ~T. DeWitt Talmage

A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done. ~Author Unknown

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb

The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. ~Jewish Proverb

Motherhood is priced
    Of God, at price no man may dare
    To lessen or misunderstand.
    ~Helen Hunt Jackson

Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Happy Mother's Day to alla y'all Wonderful, Lovely Bolt Moms!! :yes: :tup: :icon_toast: :flag: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hope all mothers have a great day tomorrow.

It's times like these that I wish my family wasn't so far away. :icon_sad:

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
  9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Happy Mothers Day to all of you

[​IMG]

10. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms - you have the toughest job in the world...

[​IMG]

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    OK,
    Breakfast: Check!
    • Denver Eggs
    • Buttermilk biscuits
    • Hardwood smoked bacon
    • coffee
    • OJ

Kitchen Cleaned
    Laundry in progress
    Floors Vacuumed
    Children beaten ;)

Yup! good start to Mothers day!

12. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Toby called early this morning.... before my own son did. Very thoughtful of him to call the Bolt ladies to wish them Mother's Day. :wub:

13. eastcoastboltgal

eastcoastboltgal BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +695
    I didn't get a call from him! :icon_eek:

But I am sure he probably figured I wouldn't answer!!! :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

• Like Like x 1
  14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Morning stuff DONE......

Afternoon stuff almost done, Dinner is being eaten then all I have left is the Dishes. She must be enjoying it, she is singing as she walks around the joint.

Dinner was Barbequed New York Strips, Mashed potatoes (She likes them that way) and barbequed Corn with French Bread.

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I sho'nuff did too call, at 11:56 in the AM, your time :icon_eek: :icon_sad:

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Besides Carrie and Leslie, I called Deb and texted Rexy :yes: :tup: :icon_toast:

Again, Happy Mother's Day, y'all!! :) :tup: :icon_toast: :flag:

17. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. eastcoastboltgal

Ratings:
    +695
    I did see that later. You know I don't answer my home phone!! :icon_eek:

But thanks for thinking of me.

19. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Leslie..

Just found out that Liz is having TRIPLETS!!! OMG....To say I have very mixed feelings about this would be putting it mildly.

Right now their names are Huey Dewey and Louie. Gotta make a maternity T-shirt with those lil ducks ironed on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    and I thought you were just ignoring me.

21. eastcoastboltgal

Ratings:
    +695

YOU ARE KIDDING ME???????????????????????

How did they miss the 3rd at the sonogram? They are tiny so how didn't they see that?

Are they sure about three?

When my youngest was 2, they thought he was autistic ... he had to go to special class; there were triplets in that class. Their mother was the most unhappy woman in the world!! She HATED it and she didn't hide her feelings. 2 is hard enough!! :icon_eek:

Wow, you are going to be busy!!

Congrats by the way!!!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

Truth be told the third baby was seen two weeks ago...Long story short, it didn't look good and we were told that there was a 10 percent chance it would make it... We just decided not to say anything to anyone about it...(other than close family). Well what do ya know? Today #3 looks healthier than ever.

We had gotten ourselves resigned to finding out that this little baby wasn't going to make it... We actually felt blessed about this... Now we are trying to switch gears and feel blessed about the triplets. :icon_eek:

Perinatologist told us that triplets can be genetic from either side, male or female... yet we can find no triplets in either family. :icon_shrug: I'd never heard of triplets being linked to the male.

Oh this is going to be a long, stressful, high risk pregnancy. We're trying not to think of the first five years after birth just yet. I think we'll all need to be heavily medicated. :lol:

23. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Another thing. She's only 9 weeks along right now... so anything can happen. All she can do it take care of herself and get lots of rest... and hope for the best.

She's going to be offered the option of reduction to twins... but I don't think she's going to do it.

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072

Please tell Mom that we are all pulling for her.

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Will she be through the Summer before she starts getting big?

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    No prob, hope you had a great day!! :) :tup: :icon_toast:

28. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I got some Ativan, if you ever need it. :yes:

CONGRATULATIONS GRAMMA!!! Prayers going out for you, mom, and babies X 3!:yes:

• Like Like x 3
  29. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Well she's due on December 15 but we know that she won't go that long. I'd be thrilled if they made it to 10/31.

H8er she's going to be big no matter what month she's in. :lol:

She's been "showing" for a while. But, I know what you mean, She's two months along now and will be 5 months along in Mid August... and prolly be as big as a house. :icon_eek:

30. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Thanks Marla and everyone.

I'm all for doing whatever we have to do to get through it. I might have to take up smokin' a lil weed again. :flag: