1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

HAPPY with todays win

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JoeRockhead, Sep 19, 2010.

1. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    This win felt good. We were able to do about anything we wanted on offense. We spread the ball around and ran well. The defense did well all day and looked good. We were able to find lots of targets in the passing game. I like the direction on both sides of the ball. The long snapper situation looks scary to me. Yikes. I have put on my fire proof drawers on, and my hard hat. I am ready for the flamers and members of the Chicken Little society. There will be those that say this win meant nothing. Well, to me it did. I KNOW I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW.

2. ncchargergirl76

ncchargergirl76 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't post often and only saw the game online for a bit but was impressed with what I did see. Keep it going Chargers!!

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    : LOOOONG SIGH : It was so nice to have a relaxing blowout win for once. The two INTs were a bit frustrating, and the fumble by Mathews was questionable as I was sure the ball was taken away while he was on his back. But it quickly became no contest.

4. MikeC

MikeC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Garay looked outstanding - he was double teamed and was pushing them back into the pocket quite a few plays.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    No game is perfect but this is definitely something to build on. Let's just hope they can keep it going.

6. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I was bummed out by last week's loss but it largely seemed an abberation. D played pretty good with the exception of that long run. Rivers was off and we know that he's better than that. Special teams sucked and we only need them to be average. It was pouring and the field was a mess. Yes, it sucked to loose the opener but it didn't seem like a good indicator of who the team was.

Early today Rivers was still a bit off (throwing high) even on some of his completions but he settled in. It was nice to have an easy victory and even without all those Jag turnovers we still win. But I'm not going to go around calling us the class of the NFL after of a turnover laden blowout. This team's quality will be told by its composure during the close ones.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Matthews hurt?

Postgame Notes from today's game

Postgame Notes from today's game

Injury Update

Ryan Mathews (right ankle – 1st quarter)…he did not return to the game after the injury.

8. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    I would by no means, call us the annointed ones. I just know I fell better, and some of the doubts have been quieted for now.
    Bring on our next opponents.