1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Harbaugh vs Harbaugh

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rickochey, Jan 23, 2012.

1. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Looking at yesterdays games and seeing who did a better job coaching this game I'd have to give the nod to Jim. Although, both games were lost on special teams I felt John should have went for the 3 points and tied the game rather than trying to go for it. If he had done that and there is no telling what the outcome would have been I think Condiff probably could have pulled out a tie.

To where Jim's loss did not come from coaching but from a rookie mistake that turned the ball over on a punt.

Overall I think Jim did an outstanding job with his team. He got the best out of Alex Smith and he turned that team around in 1 year. (Spanos please pay attention here).

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Yes, Spanos. Pay attention. I want you to watch this game closely so you can go back in time and fire Norv and hire Jim.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    The brothers Harbaugh get to coach against each other next weekend in the Pro Bowl...

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Does anyone really watch that game?

5. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    With Rivers, Weddle, Gates, VJ & Mathews all playing in the game, I'm going to!

• Like Like x 2
  6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The Cundiff kick is just secondary, the Ravens are in the Super Bowl if Lee Evens doesn't drop that ball.

And don't forget Goldson's two dropped INTs that should have been pick 6's.

Both coaches are fantastic, but you can't make your players catch the ball, you can only put them in position to win.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Unless you are discussing Norv, right? :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  8. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Your right. When I watched NE go to the hurry up and start doing all the over the middle passes and watched Bill Belichik just take over in his "Kill" mentality I was just amazed at his coaching/winning style. Just in that game alone he out coached Norv's entire career. I am officially a believer that the Bolts will NEVER win anything with Norv. Norv would've just let the Ravens D dictate to what plays the Bolts would have done. Bilichik just took over and he dictated to what he was going to do. He made the Ravens D run, run, run to tire them out. Now that is the way a true leader HC wins.

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Jim Harbaugh might not be the offensive playcaller for the Niners, but he certainly has input. And the Niners playcalling was pretty atrocious in the 2nd half yesterday. They repeatedly threw it on first down in the 2nd half, even though they were having success with the run and their passing game was ineffective. When they did run, it was often a draw from the shotgun that fooled no one.

As for the other Harbaugh, he should have called timeout before the game-tying kick. I noticed that Cundiff was running on the field late and rushing through his pre-kick routine. How did the coach not notice. I was screaming at my TV, "He's rushing, he's late on the field, call timeout!"

10. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    Just like he did when we played them in Week 15, right? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    "All" playing?......I thought it was an either/or between the slacker and the fumbler. ;)

12. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Yes....Brady was sub-par, and the defense got lucky. The Ravens put up only three points on all the turnovers. Brady won his own game with the dive.

My knees were shaky when Evans dropped the pass....they completely caved when Cundiff missed the chip shot.

13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    The Giants will be a tougher test...... are the Pats up to it?

14. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    yup..

15. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    VJ & Ryno have both been added to the AFC Pro Bowl roster. Jackson replaces Patriots WR Wes Welker who will play in the Superbowl, and Mathews replaces Ravens RB Ray Rice who is listed as "disconsolate".

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    LOL!....... Rice isn't going because he's butt hurt??? :rolleyes:

17. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I think the Pats blow them out...between the whole "revenge for 2007" motivation and playing the season to honor the late Myra Kraft, along with the media knob slobbing that is currently going on in reference to Eli & the Giants which Belichick will surely use to convince his team that they are being disrespected, and the fact that the last decade of Superbowls have all been close, tight games, I feel we're due for a good ol' fashioned butt whipping in the big game and Tom Brady & the resty of the Patriots are just the guys to deliver it.

18. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    The dictionary decribes the meaning of the word as:

"without consolation or solace; hopelessly unhappy; inconsolable"​

In simple terms, the dude is bummed! :cry:

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Really?....... the Pats weren't impressive yesterday covering the Ravens WRs, and the Giants WRs are better...... especially going deep. Eli is better than Flacco, and the Giants D-line is better as well. If the Giants can pressure Brady just like they did the last time, then the Giants should come out on top again.

20. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    The fact that the Pats struggled against Baltimore is yet another factor, how often have they played 2 bad games in a row this season?

I think in 2007 when they were undefeated and had beaten the Giants in the regular season, they probably did not believe that the G-men could beat them, until it actually happened.

This season the Giants have already beaten the Patriots on the field of play, so there is no possible chance that they take them so lightly again.

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    And also very little chance that they can blow the Giants out, as you stated...... #imjustsaying

22. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    We'll see...

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Yes, we certainly will. ;)

24. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
    I think the judge is going to award Billy to Jim Kramer

25. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    LOL yeah how often does Norv put his players in position to win? :laugh:

We're usually fighting our way out of a double digit hole in the 3rd quarter because our offense kicked nothing but FGs in the 1st half and choked during a desperate 2 minute drill that they looked completely unprepared for. Norv becomes a decent playcaller when he's desperate, rarely sooner than that.

Wish we had hired Jim when we had the chance.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Revisionist history Matti? Is that how low you have fallen? Go back and look at your stats on how often we 'fight out of double digit holes' so we all know you are not just flappin your gums... ummm kay?

27. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    How is it revisionist history? I was on board the Jim Harbaugh bandwagon well before got the 49er job.

Why would I spend the next half hour of my life going through our last 32 games when all your gonna do is bury your head in the ground and insist that I'm wrong? I watched every game as it happened, I remember the poor starts and the blown leads alike. Its just too bad there is no measurement for all the games we played down to our oppponents.

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Wait... Blown leads? I thought we always struggled from a two digit deficit? Dont worry, I knew you could not back up your overhypred rhetoric. Its all as expected.

29. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    For someone more objective I'd take the time, but not for you.

Why don't you do your own homework though? It'll be a nice change of pace if you're able to prove me wrong for once rather than just spewing pointless banter.

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You should be used to being proven wrong, even when you do find some obscure metric to cherry-pick it still doesnt support your meltdown mentality.

Nice way to try and get out of it though. I am actually surprised you used the word objective in a post. At least you know what it means even if you are incapable of applying it... :laugh: