1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hardwick blows a circuit talking about Richard Seymour

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Jan 20, 2008.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    www.bostonherald.com/blogs/spo...position=recent

The last time the Chargers lost to the Patriots in the postseason, running back LaDainian Tomlinson complained about the antics of certain Patriots players after the game. This time around, center Nick Hardwick went off on one specific Patriot following the San Diego loss.

Specifically, Hardwick accused defensive lineman Richard Seymour of being a dirty player.

"There are 10 [bleeping] good players on that team," Hardwick said, according to the Boston Herald. "But Richard Seymour is a dirty, cheap, little pompous [expletive]. He's cheap and dirty and the head man just let him get away with it the whole time. They've got 10 great players on that team and when Jarvis Green comes on the field, they've got 11 great players who compete how you’re supposed to play. But Richard Seymour is the biggest [expletive] I've ever played."

So what did he do?

"Head slapping, foot stomping in the pile, running by and throwing punches in your back," Hardwick said. "He's a [expletive]. . . . There were a lot of things he did. There's a field goal where he was stomping feet. Who stomps feet? And the officials weren't doing anything about it. He plays like a punk."

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    actually hardwick is right. Seymour is a very dirty player. Been like that for a while now. I saw a program a couple years ago where syemour explained or gloated over learning to play dirty. He mentioned its just part of the game.

KInda how they teach em in new england.

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    He is also the one that threw a shoulder into Rivers after a play right in front of the ref who saw it and didnt throw a flag.

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Karma, that's all I got to say. It will catch up to you eventually. I actually thought Seymour was a real good player until I read that. But a lot of players are dirty. Rodney Harrison belongs in the Dirty Player Hall of fame besides Stan Brock (old Chargers Olineman for Humphries) Not saying its right, but the oldschoolers were dirty has hell back in the days. Just look no further than Maddens Raiders.....

5. WeStrikeSunday

WeStrikeSunday BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I knew that was him, that punk doing that **** in front of a ref he is a dirty player. The stupid ref was ridclous!!!! you don't screw with our QB. Now if that happen to Brady you know that all the flags would of been tossed and media would be chargers are punks, but no.... bull ****. The refs sucked calling this game you think for a playoff game they would get good refs i mean there was so many holds I watched it in replay ! refs suck , I don't like how they have the power to determine the outcome of a game. BOLTS !!!!! We have next year!:tup: Watch out NFL

6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He was also the one who ran into Scifres.

7. WeStrikeSunday

WeStrikeSunday BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Hardwick called him out... go HARDWICK!!
    :tup:

8. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    hardwicks not saying anything the rest of the nfl doesn't already know. :yes:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929

i saw that play, and of course Jeff Tripping Trippette didn't call the flag on Seymour. How that was any different hten Albert Haynesworth at teh start of the year I dont know. Seymour was such a bastard on that play.

10. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I would rather have Charger players eat a bit of humble pie right now .. Give NE their props and come out and stomp them next season. At this point, it just comes across as whining.

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I didn't see any of this during the game from Seymour. I did see Logan Mankins from the offensive line throw a punch into a Charger player's back while he was on top of him. I mentioned it in the game day thread.

The thing is we're not going to see much of that stuff from the TV broadcast. They don't focus in on the trenches much. I have TiVo which helps to review a play repeatedly. That helps a little if you know what to look for, but even then most of this stuff doesn't make it on camera at all.

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I'm not a big fan of Jeff Triplett and think he's one of the worst NFL refs out there, but I didn't see much wrong with the officiating at all. Sure, if you want to nit pick, you can find something missed, but overall this game was officiated much better than the Colts game.

13. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Oh, yeah.... I forgot about that. That should have been a penalty.

I can't say we got hosed by the refs or that they cost us the game, but there were a few calls that they could have and should have made that would have changed a few things.

Towards the end of the game when the pats were moving the ball with the run, Phillips was being held and he couldn't get to the ball carrier. I saw him take off after the official to complain. well... we know the patriots are cheaters.... if the refs don't call it, why would we expect them to play any differently?

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    All in all, I've got no big complaints with the reffing. Sure, that one late shot on PR by Seymour was blatant & could have drawn a flag, but not from "I need a seeing-eye dog" Triplett.

Let's just give the Pats their due, STFU, & get ready to finish the job next year.