1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hardwick May Play Sunday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2009

Center Nick Hardwick, who said on XX-1090 yesterday that he could play Sunday against the New York Giants, was the center alongside the other starting offensive linemen when the Chargers began practice this afternoon.

Hardwick has not played since tearing ligaments in his ankle in the season opener and having surgery in late September. He is wearing a brace on his ankle. Working with the starters is a likely sign he will start in New York.

Inside linebacker Kevin Burnett was not at practice. Burnett has missed the past two games with an ankle sprain, but head coach Norv Turner said he expects Burnett to have a chance to play against the Giants.

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'd be stunned if Nick played. That would be an amazing recovery time. At the very least, it gives the Gints one more thing to think about.

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I'd almost prefer he doesn't play. :no:

I've had more than enough of guys trying to tough out injuries only to be rendered largely useless for weeks (or years) thereafter. Not a bad smokescreen though, regardless.

4. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'd like to see him get a few reps. Not a lot

5. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I would be very surprised and more concerned that he doesn't re-injure.

6. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    We need him 100%. I'm worried that he will over extend himself to compensate for his peers failures on a play by play basis...could lead to further injuries.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sit, Nick. We've gotta air it out this week to win anyway. Make sure that you're healthy & have your chops back.

8. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Does the Meadowlands use a rug or real grass? If it is artificial turf or if the weather is cold, I'd sit Hardwick just to be safe.
    If he is truly good to go, maybe split reps with Mooch this week. I want Hardwick healthy for our late season push and next week should be warm weather on real grass at home.

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    yee. :tup::flag:

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Only way he plays this week is due to injuries, because he ain't gonna start.

You don't f*ck with the center position during the game. It ain't broke right now, so no need to try and fix it with "some snaps".

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I see where your coming from, but chubby cheeks Murzkowski was getting his *** beat last week vs Oakland on passing plays. I watched the Chargers Short-Cut, where they replay every play of the game in 30 minutes... and the center position is a huge issue as far as pressure on Rivers goes. Thats why Rivers has been scrambling more lately, teams are flushing him from the inside out.

If Hardwick is truely 100% and can get a push on run plays during practice, I see no reason not to start him.

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If he is really healthy, fine. If not, rest him some more, because we will need him in top form more against Philly than New York.