1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hardwick on the Practice Field

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerJeff, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    From Kevin Acee via Twitter:

Nick Hardwick practicing. Seems limited.

He's not supposed to be back until December, so even if he's limited he must be ahead of schedule - IMHO

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I thought he was coming back in nov...

3. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    you might be right - I was going off of memory - and my memory aint what it used to be

4. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Hardwick practicing

By Kevin Acee October 28, 2009

Nick Hardwick is on the field practicing with his teammates in what appears to be a limited role.

Hardwick suffered a sever ankle sprain in the season openmer and had surgery to repair torn ligaments.

His return was originally projected to be mid-to-late November and is likely still a game or two away.

5. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Even if he's a month or so away from coming back, it's good to see him starting to test his foot out and subjecting it to football stress.

6. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    This is good news but I dont expect to see him on the field on Sundays for at least two more weeks. (I hope) We need him back fully recovered for the second half of the season. Hopefully things are looking up for us. :bolt::bolt:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Man, getting Nick back for the stretch run will be so huge. Very underrated part of our OL.

8. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Hardwick takes another small step

Casey Pearce
    10-28-09

Nick Hardwick doesn’t know how close he is to returning to game action, but on Wednesday he worked with his teammates during the early portion of practice for the first time since injuring his ankle in the Chargers’ regular-season opener.

Nick Hardwick[​IMG] called it a very small step, but nonetheless a step in the right direction.
    After working on the side for the last week and a half, Hardwick participated in individual drills with his teammates Wednesday for the first time since injuring his ankle in the team’s regular-season opener.
    “I still don’t know exactly where I’m at,” Hardwick said. “(I’ve got to) keep taking small steps forward and eventually I’ll find myself on the field. It was an exciting step in the progression but a very small step.”
    Hardwick underwent an operation on his left ankle in September after Raiders defensive tackle Gerard Warren awkwardly fell on the Pro Bowl center’s lower leg during the Chargers’ Week 1 contest at Oakland. After the surgery, it was estimated that Hardwick would miss eight weeks.
    Head Coach Norv Turner said Wednesday that there’s no update on Hardwick’s timetable, although it was nice to see Hardwick slowly working his way back.
    “He’s making progress,” Turner said. “It’s another step in getting to where he wants to be.”
    Hardwick is unsure when he’ll be able to return either and is simply trying to push himself through the process.
    “I’ve got some goals in mind but they’re not hard deadlines,” Hardwick said. “I’m just seeing where it takes me. I’m going to work as hard as I can and try not to miss any opportunities. I’ve got a long ways to go still.”
    About two weeks ago, Hardwick ditched the protective boot he’d been wearing on his left foot and increased his activity a little. According to him, the next step will depend on how he feels Thursday.
    “I’ll go stress it again tomorrow and see how I feel,” Hardwick said. “I’m pushing hard. We’ve got good athletic trainers, a good staff in there that are helping facilitate the process. I’ve been working extremely hard. There’s still a lot of work to be done.”

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    GREAT NEWS regardless of when he is "supposed" to play!

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Don't push it Nick, we'll need you next year too.

11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I Agree a Million %.

Even though we need him out there now It is best for the recovery of his ankle.

12. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Hardwick said that his surgically-repaired ankle responded well to the work he did Wednesday, but the Chargers still aren’t sure when he’ll begin taking on contact