1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hardwick to miss two to three games

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006
    Tuesday, Oct 16, 2007
    By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com
    Chargers center Nick Hardwick experienced mixed emotions Monday afternoon. He was terribly disappointed when he found out he would have to miss some playing, but very relieved when told it would be only 2-3 games.

“I was happy to hear that it wasn’t as bad as it could have been,” Hardwick said. “But I want to be out there. I’ll work hard to get back. That’s all I can really do.”

An MRI done Monday showed no ligament damage in the Pro Bowl center’s right foot. The injury is diagnosed as a sprain. Hardwick voiced a bit of optimism over the fact that the team’s bye Sunday means one less game that he’ll have to miss. He also said he expects his team to continue to play at a high level while he’s on the sideline.

“They’ll be fine without me,” Hardwick said. “They’re going to keep working hard and rocking. Cory (Withrow) is going to do a good job. It’s frustrating for sure not to be in there. I want to be in there when LT runs for 198 yards. I wasn’t, but we got a win, so really who cares?”

Defensive tackle Jamal Williams and guard Mike Goff were in good spirits Tuesday following minor operations on Monday. Williams had both of his knees cleaned out arthroscopically, but is optimistic he’ll play next Sunday when the Houston Texans come to town. Goff had surgery to reattach ligaments in his left hand but he also expects to play against Houston.

Players normally have Tuesday off but Head Coach Norv Turner altered their schedule this week to give them a three-day weekend. The Chargers did practice although several veterans were held back. Turner wanted to rest a few players and also placed an emphasis on getting some of his younger players some valuable practice time.

“Some of the guys who haven’t gotten a lot of reps or some of the guys that have only gotten limited reps,” Turner said. “The situation that we had at center the other day is a great example. Cory went in. He hadn’t played very much at all. He goes in and we didn’t miss a beat with him in there. We’re going to be in that position somewhere else down the road.”

The Chargers will practice again Wednesday and Thursday before being dismissed for the weekend.

What a jump

With LaDainian Tomlinson’s 198-yard performance Sunday against the Raiders, he now leads the AFC in rushing and is second in the NFL. Only Minnesota’s Adrian Peterson (607 yards) has more. LT has 527 yards on the season.

See it again

NFL Network will re-air Sunday’s Chargers-Raiders game Wednesday night at 7:30 Pacific time on Replay. The 90-minute program features exclusive material including distinctive shots and camera angles from NFL Films and its own sideline and on-field sound captured during the game. Post-game press conference sound bites allow fans complete behind the scenes access.

Cast your vote

Pro Bowl balloting is now open and fans have an opportunity to send their favorite players to Hawaii’s annual All Star game. Fans can vote online at www.NFL.com/probowl. Ballots can also be cast by sending the text message “PRO” to 7777 from a phone with Sprint wireless service to vote for their favorite players at select positions. Standard text messaging and data rates apply.

Vote here www.NFL.com/probowl.