1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hardwicks is gonna play.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    The following was just tweeted by the San Diego Union Tribune Chargers twitter account.

RT sdutChargers Hardwicks is gonna play. So will Burnett and maybe Dobbins. LT missed practice (hip) but says it isn't serious -- ka

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    ****. The SDUT's using twitter and partying all night long the night before press time.

3. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Although, previous to Kevin Acee's Tweet, Casey Pearce of chargers.com posted this on Twitter:

Norv on 61: "He's further along than he was a week ago. I just need to see him be able to go for extended period of time before you commit..to him, but I think he’s getting closer."

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That joke is a bit stale Leo.

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    :lol: nice

• Like Like x 1
  6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    For the second straight week, veteran center Nick Hardwick took part in the Wednesday practice, but the sense now is that he's quite likely to go again Thursday and Friday and play Sunday, though head coach Norv Turner would only say Hardwick is "closer" to game-ready. Hardwick sustained an ankle injury in the season-opener and had surgery

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Only if he is 100%. Don't need anymore setbacks.

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    There was a fresh twist to it in that I was suggesting an inanimate object (the SDUT) was doing it.

At least somebody found it funny. :yes:

9. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Word... :yes: :tup:

10. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Its cool bro, I lol and I know funny.

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    OK

It was kinda funny.

12. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Hardwick could return

Casey Pearce
    Chargers.com
    Nick Hardwick was limited in practice Wednesday, which again leaves his status for a possible return this week uncertain. With Scott Mruczkowski playing well, the Chargers don’t have to rush Hardwick back.

Chargers center Nick Hardwick[​IMG] continues to make progress as he attempts to return from an ankle injury he suffered in the team’s regular-season opener, but after Hardwick was limited in practice Wednesday, Head Coach Norv Turner wasn’t quite ready to say whether or not his starting center will return to the lineup Sunday when the Chargers host the Eagles.
    “He’s further along than he was a week ago,” Turner said. “I just need to see him be able to go for an extended period of time before you commit to him, but I think he’s getting closer.”
    Hardwick began practicing on a limited basis two weeks ago and is trying to be patient as he works his way back.
    “You have to be able to perform, you have to be able to perform at a high level and you just have to be honest with yourself,” Hardwick said. “If you can do it, you can do it, and I should do it because that’s what I’m paid to do. If I can’t then I have to suck up my pride and wait.”
    Earlier this week, Turner praised Scott Mruczkowski[​IMG] for the work he’s done in Hardwick’s place. After moving from guard to center this spring, “Mooch” was ready when called upon and has started all seven games in Hardwick’s absence. He’s played well enough that Turner says the Chargers don’t have to hurry Hardwick back.
    “When you have guys like Scott, it helps your football team,” Turner said. “When Nick had the injury, certainly he stepped up. I think he’s gotten better. That’s a theme for our football team and collectively. He’s gotten better each week.”
    Hardwick has been to a Pro Bowl and been named an alternate two other times. Mruczkowski has been at the heart of a line that has allowed just three sacks in the last three games.
    “I think enough can’t be said about what Mooch has done in there at center,” quarterback Rivers said. “He’s stepped up and played big. Obviously you’d love to have Nick out there and when he can go, it’ll be a bonus to have him. The fact that we way a guy in Mooch that can step in and play at the level he’s played, it’s a big plus for us.”
    Father time
    One significant item that went somewhat overlooked in Sunday’s win in New York was the way the clock was managed on the Chargers’ game-winning drive. San Diego left just 21 seconds on the clock when the scored the game-winning touchdown, which gave the Giants little time to rally for a potential field goal.
    In Week 1, the Chargers scored with 18 seconds left to beat the Raiders. In both games, the San Diego had one time out remaining, but they were able to avoid using it and in turn leave a minimal amount of time for the opponent’s final drive.
    Rivers credits Turner’s preparation and awareness for the team’s success in such situations.
    “The experience he has in those situations and the way he and all of us prepare for those situations paid off in those games,” Rivers said. “You’ve got to know what you’re calling almost before the play gets there. I was looking to clock it or call a timeout and the next play is coming just like that. That allowed us to be efficient as possible.”
    At 24-16 (.600) in the regular season, Turner has the second-highest winning percentage in franchise history among head coaches. He trails only Sid Gillman (.614).
    Gates, Tomlinson sit
    Tight end Antonio Gates[​IMG] (foot) and running back LaDainian Tomlinson[​IMG] (hip) were among six Chargers who didn’t practice Wednesday as the team began its preparations for the Eagles. Turner said he expects both players to be on the field Thursday.
    Others who didn’t practice Wednesday included defensive tackle Ogemdi Nwagbuo[​IMG] (ankle), defensive end Travis Johnson[​IMG] (groin), linebacker Shaun Phillips[​IMG] (ankle) and linebacker Jyles Tucker[​IMG] (ankle).
    Linebacker Kevin Burnett[​IMG] fully participated for the first time since spraining his ankle over three weeks ago against the Broncos. Fellow inside linebacker Tim Dobbins[​IMG] (knee) practice but was limited after missing all of last week.
    Eagles running back Brian Westbrook (concussion), offensive tackle Jason Peters (ankle) and fullback Leonard Weaver (knee) were among starters who didn’t practice.
    Swooping in
    The Eagles enter Sunday’s game with the best turnover margin in football at plus-11. They’ve forced 22 takeaways on defense, led by cornerbacks Asante Samuel (5) and Sheldon Brown (4), who have nine interceptions between them.
    “They really do a great job playing the ball,” Rivers said. “It’s definitely a big challenge this week. As we all know, if you win that battle you win a bunch of games.”

13. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I'd like this too but I don't think he'll actually be 100% until well into the off season. Maybe he'll be "football 100%" which will me he can fill all the duties assigned to his role.

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :lol:

ME TO.

:lol:

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

From this day forward, I will officially commit to never throwing Norv under the bus. If he's good enough for PR, he's good enough for me.

:tup:

16. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    I like this, as it gives him a game to work the rust out, before we take on Denver.

17. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    :tdown:

18. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Agreed, especially at that position. That ankle will be under a tremendous amount of pressure. No need to risk further injury.

19. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Hardwick sits
    Nick Hardwick[​IMG]’s return from ankle surgery may have to wait another week after the Pro Bowl center missed practice Thursday.
    “I’m not sure it’s a setback,” Turner said, “but it makes it hard for him to be a part this Sunday.”
    Hardwick began participating in individual drills two weeks ago. There had been some optimism early in the week that he might be able to return to game action this week, but Thursday’s event muddled that picture.
    “I’ll be back out there as soon as I’m ready,” Hardwick said. “It’s a process and you just have to do the best you can and go with it.”
    Gates, LT return
    Tight end Antonio Gates[​IMG] (foot) and running back LaDainian Tomlinson[​IMG] (hip) were back on the field and fully participated in Thursday’s practice after missing Wednesday. Defensive end Travis Johnson[​IMG] (groin) also returned.
    Those that missed Thursday’s practice include Hardwick, linebackers Shawne Merriman[​IMG] (foot), Shaun Phillips[​IMG] (ankle) and Jyles Tucker[​IMG] (ankle) and defensive tackle Ogemdi Nwagbuo[​IMG] (ankle)
    For the Eagles, running back Brian Westbrook fully participated in practice for the first time since suffering a concussion two weeks ago. Left tackle Jason Peters (ankle), linebacker Akeem Jordan (knee) and safety Quintin Demps (ankle) did not practice.