1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Harisson suspended, Seymour on the PUP list

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Sep 2, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
  2. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Awesome.

I'd rather beat them with them both there, but heck, I can't say i'm disappointed either.

3. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Losing Seymour is big. I think he is the guy that makes that defense tick. Should definitely play in our favor and make some nices excuses for East Coasters after we pull out our can of whuppass.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    they do, however, have a damn good backup DE in Jarvis Green - I'd think of him as akin to Jacques Cesaire

5. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    As much as I would like to see the Bolts beat NE at full strength, at the end of the day, the bottom line is the W. And this helps us get there.

The age factor is catching up to them...

6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Yeah..i don't care either..GET REVENGE:icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah. I'd rather get the win, even if it's "cheesy" in their eyes because of the loss of those two guys for that game. The win if it happens will go a long way towards getting us a back-to-back division title and #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs.

Then we can focus on NE again in the postseason.

8. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    If we win in week 2s meeting, I do not care if it will be considered cheesy. A win is a win. Plus if it helps us get to the playoffs then it would be a huge win.

Hopefully if then both teams will be at full strength in the playoffs to see who is the better team. My homerism goes to the Chargers in that win.

9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Definitely.

On the flipside, if we lose in NE with Harrison and Seymour out, think of all the Pats fans who will invade the forum(s) and taunt us saying that we lost to an "underpowered" Patriots team.

10. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    We would not hear the end of it. *sigh* Plus if they get too trollish here there is either the ACF or a permanent ban waiting for them. :icon_twisted:

I hope since I am going to see the game in person that it will help the chargers get a win in Foxboro. I would come home a very happy Bolts fan. :icon_mrgreen: :yes:

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    my feelings exactly:tup:

12. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Love the Av Lashman. Sammy was the man. If ever there was a guy that had to fight an uphill battle in an era when prejudice was commonplace. He was black. He was Jewish. He was short. He had a white wife. He sung like Jim Nabors. Yet he was still the Candyman and a cool cat that hung out with Frank and Deano.

13. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    And the cat had a glass eye!:icon_toast:

14. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Man, having one of those would be murder on my sanity. I'd always worry about a direct hit to the face for fear that that damn thing would shatter and lodge pieces in my frontal lobe.

Oh, and F the Patriots.

• Like Like x 1
  15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I like the idea of Gates going up against the woefully inexperienced Brandon Meriweather.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I don't care HOW we beat them, as long as we DO.

17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Exactly. Injuries and suspensions are a part of the game. A win's a win.

18. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    There can be a case made that the Chargers were not at 100% strength with the injuries sustained by Merriman and Rivers in the New England game. Both of whom were not likely to participate in the AFC championship game had the Chargers won. I'm not sure when their injuries occurred exactly, but who's going to put an asterisks on that? People ultimately remember who won and lost. Injuries are not an excuse in football.

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Just win, dammit!! I want to see a 2-0 record after 9/16. The Pats fans can whine all they like - screw 'em!!!

20. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    A few on their forums are even expressing worry that they may start 0-2, losing both to the Jets and us. :icon_eek:

21. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Alot of them are wondering how they can go 2-0 when two of their defensive stall worths are out of commission, and there's no question that this gives us a big advantage. Seymour's the true force on that DL and Harrison was the only 'threat' in that secondary.

22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    It's ok they'll still have the Red Sux to cheer for until the Yankees fuc them up too. :lol:

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Harrison's on suspension, and I have to wonder why more hasn't been made of their new hero and head case, Randy Moss. Their secondary won't match up well against our passing attack and Brady will be running for his life much of the time. Gee, why would they feel concerned?

24. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    The Yanks are in town the same weekend as us!!......

:lol:

25. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Holy crap that has the potential to be a GREAT weekend. :yes: :bolt:

26. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Yep and I will b there to witness it first hand!!.... :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  27. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    Because except for I believe 6 days in training camp he Hasn't played for them:icon_shrug:

28. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Kharma, simply Kharma for those New England fans. Bring us the luck of the Irish, DB. If only it wasn't the Yankees, I feel about them just a little less animus than for the Raduhs. It would be just great if the Angels were going slap them around.

29. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I wonder how long Rodney "Cheater" Harrison has been taking HGH?

He looked finished his last season with the Chargers. I bet this wasn't a one time deal with him.

Harrison and Cowboys QB Coach Wade Wilson got caught in the same dragnet, from a Federal investigation of the Steelers doctor who was caught with a boatload of steroids.

There is no test for HGH. The Feds passed Harrison's name to the NFL as part of evidence from looking into the illegal distribution of some performance enhancing drugs. Harrison basically had to admit to using it, or maybe he would have faced some charges.

NY Daily News story

30. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Geez, all that wasted angst over Rodney's release. If there is no test for HGH, you've got to wonder if he's dumb enough to keep using it. This looks like his last season. This is why I was concerned about speculation over whether or not some Chargers were using the stuff.